best dog food for trialing dog's ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

transman63

Re: best dog food for trialing dog's ?

Post by transman63 »

JUDE wrote:
S.R.Patch wrote: I feel that if a hound is getting his basic needs, the "stuff" is whats already in the hound, his heart, desire and raw ability.
:check:
and good food don't heart. :nod:
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

warddog

Post by warddog »

transman63 wrote:
JUDE wrote:
S.R.Patch wrote: I feel that if a hound is getting his basic needs, the "stuff" is whats already in the hound, his heart, desire and raw ability.
:check:
and good food don't heart. :nod:
And any food meeting the canine nutritional standards of AAFCO don't heart or hinder as they all sustain the needs for building and maintaining the heart, liver, kidneys, lungs and brain which is genetically built into the dog not fed into it. Physically having a heart and a brain sustained by a feed does not equal a dog with heart and brains to pursue the game they are bred to pursue regardless of what they are fed. The effects of a food is the result of the ingredients within, be it human or animal which is witnessed by how bad they actually appear rather than how good they seem. Case in point, ALL poultry processors use Chlorine as a disinfectant and the question is how much is enough because the thought process is that if 100 PPM is good then 400 PPM would be better in killing the Salmonella they know for a fact is present on the vast majority of the carcasses. The limit is NOT seen until it obviously has a detrimental impact on the finished product. Chlorine will eventually turn the white coloring of the carcasses yellow and will even have a smell and taste. Is the use of Chlorine in poultry processing detrimental when one can't tell until it has a bad or negative impact? Well, many countries that the U.S. exports poultry to have limits on the use of the common household chemical in the U.S. which is also in our water as a sanitizer as they do NOT accept poultry processed with hyperchlorinated water. Meaning anything outside of the bare minimum of standard drinking water is NOT accepted and so Canada is NOT one of the major poultry importers from the U.S.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Victor. Plain and simple!
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

by S.R.Patch » Fri May 15, 2015 5:36 am

This post reminds me of advertizements from many years ago, a lot of money was spent on full page adds and statements saying, "Feed your hound ***** for the winning edge". Now I've ran with some awful fine hounds over the years and not one time when a hound was putting on a show did I ever hear the question, "Man, what have you been feeding that hound!, it's sure put the stuff in him! I feel that if a hound is getting his basic needs, the "stuff" is whats already in the hound, his heart, desire and raw ability. One hound that shall forever be on my "most impressive list" is Cody's Sharpe Mikie. that hound was raw talent and of power not seen by many.
Imho, if you think you must juice the hound up to get what you hope for out of him, you ain't got the right hound to start with. I think Jimmy ran Cody's Jackson up through the ranks a couple of times, I think he could tell you how much of his accomplishments were by the hound and how much was attributed to the food he ate. jmho

Patch you are right on,,A Hound Either has it or not,,

I was At Hunt once in the Winners Pack had Two dogs in it had Run all Day it was Late My two dogs were doing in My Opinion A little better than Average,,,A Man from North Carolina ,,,said Man WHAT DO YOU FEED THOSE DOGS,LIKE HE WAS AMAZED ,,,,,,MY ,,,REPLY,,,,,,PINE MOUNTAIN ALL THEY CAN STAND,,,AND ,,,YOU CANT FEED GAMENESS INTO A HOUND.

You can feed it good nutrition and condition it,,,,,Most of the feed mentioned here is good for any hound.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

warddog

Post by warddog »

I was At Hunt once in the Winners Pack had Two dogs in it had Run all Day it was Late My two dogs were doing in My Opinion A little better than Average,,,A Man from North Carolina ,,,said Man WHAT DO YOU FEED THOSE DOGS,LIKE HE WAS AMAZED ,,,,,,MY ,,,REPLY,,,,,,PINE MOUNTAIN ALL THEY CAN STAND,,,AND ,,,YOU CANT FEED GAMENESS INTO A HOUND.

You can feed it good nutrition and condition it,,,,,Most of the feed mentioned here is good for any hound.

Amen, feed them all they can stand of Pine mountain, Wabash valley, Louisiana swamp, Ohio river bottoms, Kansas prairie thickets, Kentucky blue grass, Indiana mine fields then slop them like hogs as it will matter NOT what they ate but rather how they rate with the drop of the tailgate.

transman63

Post by transman63 »

good post warddog.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

victor
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Good Lord have mercy..... "Bullshit Bits" looks like we all got some :) ..never fails around here. I worked at a Purina Dog Food plant...in the "slurry" kitchen they used chicken necks and backs, and charcoaled beef..beef scraps that hit the floor in the processing plant. The floor was covered with a black charcoal like dust to leave evidence on the pieces that hit the floor no longer fit for human consumption, but it was human grade before that point. Also the plant was monitored by a portion of F.D.A regulations, and Purina has its own standards the food has to meet before it ships out there was samples from every batch ran to esnure the product met what it was claimed to be. It definitley wasn't as ugly as the picture War Dog painted...no offense I know you are one of the internet beagling experts around here I've learned this point very well by now :roll: ...reading this crap is just proof I should be running my dogs right now instead of fooling around in places I don't belong.....let's see how many quotes I can get..it's kinda like facebook likes...btw...whats up with the 100's of dogs for sale groups going on...stop adding me to that ridiculous crap.....Craigslist works great!!!
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

warddog

Post by warddog »

Ohlinger, since you called me into this conversation I will not only correct you but educate you as well. The charcoaled dust you speak of is called a denaturant and it is put on every INEDIBLE meat and poultry product sent from a Federally inspected processing plant. It is put on there because it is NOT fit for human consumption BUT has the appearance that it may be thus it is denatured so unknowing folks as yourself will not mistake it for being edible. Actually the charcoal is not one of the most popular in these big high speed slaughter/processing plants as it is too messy which you speak of and too time consuming denaturing ALL the INEDIBLE, "Not fit for human consumption" crap that is removed from what is going on your family's table. The only way Purina would have gotten anything humanly edible would have been possibly liver, hearts, kidneys, fat or something that they were able to buy very, very cheap or else it would be going for human food because it brings more money. NOW, if what you were handling was denatured with charcoal or the most popular denaturant, GREEN DYE it was put on there because it was NOT fit for human consumption for whatever reason but had the appearance of being so. If it were fit for human consumption when shipped from the plant it would NOT have to be denatured and would not have been as that is a step with man hours that would NOT have been performed unless it had to be.
I'll also educate you on your lack of knowledge in that just because a piece of meat or poultry falls on the floor does NOT mean it is disposed of and taken out of the human food chain. NOT even close as EVERY meat and poultry plant has what is called reprocessing stations where they pick up ALL of this meat and poultry be they whole carcasses or parts that have fallen on the floor and possibly laid there for an hour and take them to this reprocessing station. What do you suppose they do with them, through them into the stuff going to Purina pet foods? NO, they reprocess it and remove the VISABLE contamination from the floor, wash it off with cold water and put it back into the human food chain. THE only way they will through a single piece away is if they have to.
As for FDA regulations there are NONE for pet food other than some minor labeling issues and they NEVER actually physically inspect any pet foods. A far cry different from USDA, where I worked for 30 years because in order for a meat and poultry processing plant to operate they MUST HAVE an inspector physically in the plant each and every day observing what they are doing. YOUR Purina employer NEVER! I guess that is what separates the men from the boys who evidently seem to think that what they have seen at the end is what these pet food companies want consumers to believe. If you for one minute believe that commercial pet food is derived from human grade ingredients then you've got a lot more to learn than just about pet foods. Common sense will tell you that a 6 oz. piece of beef taken from the dirty floor is worth a few cents per pound for pet food BUT if it is washed off, cleaned up and goes back into the human food chain it is worth at least $4.00 per pound in ground beef or chicken or turkey or lamb or pork sausage. It matters NOT as they all go back into the human food chain UNLESS they are as nasty as ole Warddog paints. What you see isn't what you are actually getting.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Rabbit tracks and Victor
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

well the videos they made us watch must have been full of lies when we started our new employee training. and the regulations we had to follow must have been forged...seems maybe you should take charge of the situation...I bow out. You're the man keep up with your novel replies i'm sure you impress someone on this board with them..hahaha.... The grain trucks with the certifications that they came with must have been forged...and our quality lab guys were prbly just sleeping and only there for show.....I mean you've been there right ? Keep on keepin on. Master internet beagler title has been defended.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

HBmudbug

Post by HBmudbug »

victor, and if I cant get victor ,then I feed victor!!!!!!

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

I was at Sheetz one day. There was a truck taking a small dumpster out of an enclosed area. The truck said protein recovery on it. They picked up the dumpster and dipped it into a part of the truck the truck that was steaming. They soaked it for a wile then drained the hot water out and dumped it into an other part of the truck. I'm sure this is going to the Dad's dog food plant in a near by town.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

warddog

Post by warddog »

ohlinger wrote:well the videos they made us watch must have been full of lies when we started our new employee training. and the regulations we had to follow must have been forged...seems maybe you should take charge of the situation...I bow out. You're the man keep up with your novel replies i'm sure you impress someone on this board with them..hahaha.... The grain trucks with the certifications that they came with must have been forged...and our quality lab guys were prbly just sleeping and only there for show.....I mean you've been there right ? Keep on keepin on. Master internet beagler title has been defended.
Not trying to impress anyone as I don't have to. You on the other hand made this personal with me and you must think your constant ridicule of someone with much experience is something you need to impress yourself with. It certainly exposes your lack of experience and knowledge of the issue. I've long grown past that period in my life and impressing anyone is and never was a priority with me. NOW, if what you are calling impressing is helping someone with information obtained from a lifetime of experience in a specific area then YES, I'm all that and happy that I am old enough to have actually experienced many, many times those specifics and NOT merely saw it once or read it from an internet article. I actually had mu boots on the floors of these meat and poultry processors and responsible for the "inedible" meat and poultry that was shipped from outside of the plants I inspected under Federal law. If you are talking about grain that is another totally different issue than what I am and have been talking about when it comes to meat and poultry as dry dog food ingredients. The grain ingredients have absolutely NO Federal inspection regulations when used in animal feeds. If they did then how did some feed brands get caught with melamine laced grain being imported from China that killed many dogs and entire kennels? Folks may be told by the company they work for that produces dry pet food and think they have federal regulations but that just isn't the case. If they do then someone will have to show me the regulation because I'm well aware of the USDA regulations and also know that FDA has absolutely no regulations on pet food production and or ingredients. Now, if you are alluding to quality checks, quality specs and certifications that are individual company implemented, then that may be true BUT that is not something regulated by the Federal government at all. Show me on ANY dry dog food package label a statement of approved, accepted or even certified by ANY federal agency. YOU can't as it just don't happen BUT ALL the major pet food manufacturers claim to operate under strict quality control measures and met the AAFCO STANDARDS which is an ASSOCIATION of American Feed Control Officials that merely establish the minimum Nutrient profiles a dog food must meet to apply the AFFCO approval. This is NOT a federal entity nor regulated by one. That is why we continually see recalls from such things in dog food ingredients such as Melamine and aflatoxins. Aflatoxins are caused by mold which may be the corn many of us see piled like mountains in the sky during the peek of the corn harvest. I have witnessed it many, many years at the grain elevator down the road from me. When there storage facilities are full they dump it into huge piles on the ground, cover it in heavy plastic and try to blow air into it BUT I see it molded before they get rid of all of it. They do eventually get rid of ALL of it including the molded stuff. Big business will throw out nothing that will bring a dollar.