About the measuring in arha

Questions and Discussions about registry, rules and beagle field trialing in AKC. ARHA/NKC, CKC-Can, CKC-USA, PKC and UKC, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

square E beagles

About the measuring in arha

Post by square E beagles »

Has anyone seen it in black and white where we will have to measure every dog before every hunt?If so is there only one measuring stand that is ARHA cert.Thanks

golden acres

Re: About the measuring in arha

Post by golden acres »

yes it is a rule and any stand can be used as long as it is serated. Problem is what is seration. To me a couple hack saw marks would be ok since they gave no dimensioning. What do others think?
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

square E beagles

I HEARD THEM say it at the world hunt but i have not seen it in black and white.Not sayin nothin just want to know what kind of stand to get and was worndering if we can make are own i can make one out of metal does it have to be to the1/16

Tim L

Post by Tim L »

dont know for sure but on eisenhuts website where you can get the stand there is 2 approved stands one with the serrated and one that is smooth
Tim Lamie
Co owner of mtn way kennels
Runnin' the Mtn Way
mtnwaykennel@hotmail.com

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

Club letters were sent out and yes it is for certain, as much as I dislike it.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

square E beagles

We are starting a new club and just worndering if we need to get a dog measuring device before the fun hunt?

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Yes, But it is more or less so that you run it the way it is suppose to be run. So that know one gets a suprise when they show up at the first hunt and say I never seen this before. You dont want no one to fell that they have ran againts bigger hounds than allowed. So to keep anyone from crying get a stand first. However there is no points or anything a dog will get for winning or lossing a fun hunt. But it is best to run it right from the begging. Then you have no questions.
Last edited by Lee Cockman on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Did they say what it takes to get an offical measurement card???

Cost / requirements of offical measurement.

square E beagles

THANKS for the info we are getting closer to geting this thing going

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

I am pretty sure it was $8 to get card. However all that does is keep you from getting measuered in the mornings. You can show it when you pay your money and show your other paper work. But still can be challenged at the stake.
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Talkabout TBO

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

Lee Cockman wrote:I am pretty sure it was $8 to get card. However all that does is keep you from getting measuered in the mornings. You can show it when you pay your money and show your other paper work. But still can be challenged at the stake.
Sounds like it's worth the $8 bucks not to wait in a line to be measured before each hunt.

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Ya know I don't recall voting on any of these new rule changes....back in the 90s I'm pretty sure u sent delegates from ur club to a national meeting to vote on rule changes....I spent a barrel full of money trialing these past couple of years by my choice I know but how is it that NKC can not involve it's members in major rule changes.....largest money making registry in the nation and the members have the smallest voice....the new rule change changes nothing except now they got 8 more of my hard earned dollar bills....getting a premeasure card but u can still be measured that's the dumbest shot I ever heard of....whats the point....it's just money tho and I make it everyday right???....if they wanted more money they should have just raised entry fees instead of gouging us with an 8 dollar card...

It's like paying an annual fee to get into Holiday World but still be charged everytime u go

But I guess I'll pay my $8 like everybody else I mean it's not like I or anyone else in LP has a say in th direction LP is going....we pay the bills but don't have a voice....hell I was married once....this kinda feels like that
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

kjohn2hunt

Post by kjohn2hunt »

Hey Matt your right. They just want money. I am not going to have my dogs OFFICIALLY MEASURED. The clubs will have to measure my dogs at every hunt and people will complain and not like me the way they do now but I don't care it will be fun. :D But Matt you hit the nail on the head.
RC Johnson's Rock'em Sugar
RC Johnson's Rock'em Jack
RC Copelands Super Dooper
GBC RC Peters P&P Jake
Johnson's Hydro
RC Johnson's Rock'em Voodoo
14 others in the making

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

AMEN BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is just like the rest of the country they have a small group that wants to tell the rest of the world how to live. Look at how great financial shape the US is in. Seems to work so NKC is going to try it now. Great Thinking! All over a dollar. :loser: :loser: :loser:

I feel the same way I am keeping my $8. Measure me each and every time I could care less got more time than money. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Talkabout TBO