Youth Model definition

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Mike

Youth Model definition

Post by Big Mike »

Exactly what is the definition of a "Youth Model" I am guessing a shorter stock ? I was searching for something inexpensive just to knock around in the woods with. The Rossi 20ga/22Lr combo looked interesting for rabbit & squirrel hunting, but is advertised as a Youth model, would it be awkward for an adult to use? Not sure what youth model means? Also , this gun is on "sale" at Dunhams for $199.00 , is that a fair price ? Thank you in advance for any input.
Big Mike

ken pack

Re: Youth Model definition

Post by ken pack »

Usually it's the Stock ( Butt or Fore arm ) and the Rossi 20/22 Lr Youth Model shouldn't cost to much more then the Adult Model. jma

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

I've carried a Wingmaster 20ga. with a sling for years when hunting rabbits, hare, and deer. Stock is shorter and the weight of the gun less. Nice gun for when I'm handling the dogs.

rbinford1

Post by rbinford1 »

I have a rossi in a 223 ,I was told it was full size when I traded for it at a gun show last weekend ,it is a youth model ,your barrel should be 22 inches ,and its 2 inches shorter then full ,bout 36 and a half ,nobodys gonna know if it is short or not,who cares anyway lol right ? I got ripped off on mine its a pc of sh```t ..Kinda like dog traded I allways get the bad end lol....Good luck with yours,and good hunting .... Watch your buttt if you go to a Gun Show...Randy