reloading your own 410 shells

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

chris83

reloading your own 410 shells

Post by chris83 »

Do any of you guys reload your own 410 shells, if so is it worth the time and what's the hottest loads you can safely do ?
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

Squareebeagles

Re: reloading your own 410 shells

Post by Squareebeagles »

Don't be so tight and go to Walmart and buy them lol! Wish I could find someone to load some

chris83

Post by chris83 »

I hear Ya, you lake boys got all the money. But on the serious side I finally found some 3" #4 at dunhams bought two boxes of the remington express long range's @ 18.99 a box the only good part remington has a 3.00 dollar a box rebate right now but fuc! Man that's still high. By the way u better get to killing before the two out laws mow down every rabbit in the county lol

Squareebeagles

Post by Squareebeagles »

I use 3 number 5 Remington get them at Walmart here for 11.86 a box. If a few of us would go together Everett found them by the case for a little less!

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

My 20 sure eats for less. ;)
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

chris83

Post by chris83 »

All our walmart had was 2.5" #5's. If you need some one to go in on some 3" just let me know.

Yep Bill your right, I just hate picking the shot out of them with a 20ga. One stragler can make a mess and pack lots of hair in the meat, not that I sometimes havent as! shot them because i missed on the first shot. Trying to grow out of that but early in the season you know how it is if your going to reload your gun might as well empty it lol.

dogknott

Post by dogknott »

I've been loading 410 for 15+ years, mostly 2 1/2" AA. About the fastest you can get is 1200-1300 fps, which is fast enuff...The emptys is what will cost ya, not cheap. The Wally's have AA's for 10.99 a box up here, then can be reloaded for less then half that.

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

Reloading is by far the way to go,

It's expensive to start but don't take long to get your investment ,,back,,when I was hunting a lot me and my sons would load a bushel basket of 12 ga,at a time ,

Your hulls will be the most expensive ,and hardest to get,like brass for other shells,but once you get it you can use it more than once most of the time.

When you reload you don't have to rely on whether or not Wal marts will have your shells,,or how much they are, ,,,and you can taylor your loads, I always like to mix #5,,# 6 and # 4's in the same shell for my 12 ga and 20 ga,you get brush penetration and range with the 4's plus the spread with the. 6's and the 5's fill in the blanks.LOL..

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered