can anyone give me any info on this model 37

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

chevyrebel2000

can anyone give me any info on this model 37

Post by chevyrebel2000 »

FIRST LET ME SAY THIS GUN IS NOT FOR SALE!!! MY DAD GOT THIS A S A KID AND HANDED IT DOWN TO ME. IT NOT A RED LETTER BUT ITS A 16 GAUGE. I AM JUST CURIOUS AS TO ANY INFO AND WORTH ON IT THANKS!!

LC KENNEL

HOME OF.......

LPRCH Colleys Virginia Gabe
3rd place 2009 Virginia State Hunt
LCS Rebel Runnin Dolly
LC'S Moonshine Mandy 100% branko ( will be trialed fall 2012) RIP

hendro18

Re: can anyone give me any info on this model 37

Post by hendro18 »

Its worth depending on the buyer but usually sell for or book from 250-350 in good to great condition

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

First of all they made 5 different editions of the Winchester 37's they were started being made in the Fall of 1936 and quit making them in 1963. None of the 37's had a serial number on them, the First edition was called a Pigtail edition it is a Red Letter and had a hole thru the Break down lever and had a Small Hammer also, only made about 2 years. The Second Editon is also a Red Letter with a small Hammer and Solid Break down lever again made only about 3 years. The Third Edition is a also a Red Letter but had a Big Hammer turned Down, the Fourth Edition is just like the Third Edition except it does not have a Red Letter Bottom. The Fifth Edition is also not a Red Letter but the Hammer is Turned Up that is the few years that they were made, the gun in the pictures looks like it is a Fifth Edition Gun. Depending on the condition this Gun is worth somewhere between $250.00 to $350.00 I would have to see the Gun to tell you what it is worth.
Being that it belonged to a family member it is worth more to you for that reason.
Hope this helps out Chip

CORNERSTONE

Post by CORNERSTONE »

Nice to see this post as I too have a Model 37 Winchester that will never be sold. Dad bought it used in early 60's and I understand I'm hard on things so there are alot out there nicer than mine, but from tree rats to deer I bet I killed it with that 12 guage shotgun. Does yours read "steelbuilt" on barrel. My bend on hammer,bend on trigger guard, Stamping on "Model37" and butt plate are way differant. I was told late 50's on mine once, but either way we got a very durable guns. Dad got mine down at the mine and held it for me and at the ripe old age of 7 I shot a gun that the adults passed on. There are many ways to determine value so ours are priceless. :D He laughs and say's not priceless it was $10, but still a good bit then.
Ed Smith, SW Pennsylvania