Franchi 48-AL

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Franchi 48-AL

Post by 870 »

Well I tried out a cz bobwhite sxs to make my go to bunny gun and I don't like it. Can't get used to the english stock and the site picture with the 2 barrels. Trigger would need some work too .

I've narrowed my next attempt at the ultimate bunny buster to a franchi 48-AL 20 guage 26". What do you guys have to say about them good or bad?

its either that or 870 wingmaster 20 guage 26" or heck just save my money and get an express to beat to death.

Sold off my ruger 10/22 which was acting as bunny rifle. For certain going with a cz 452 lux 22lr should be nice and quite with subsonics and those iron sites should be perfect no scope to scratch up in the brush quick target aquisition.

Ky. Hunter

Re: Franchi 48-AL

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I got a Franchi 48-AL 20 ga light weight 26" barrell 4 years ago and that is all I use now. I can carry it all day without it wearing you out because of the weight and mine shoulders real good and I kill a lot of rabbits with it with no problem. When I first got it I didn't know how it would do when I went to Mississippi to hunt swamp rabbits but I killed just as many without lugging around the weight. It made me put away the old 12ga and the 16ga. As far as I am concerned it is a good rabbit gun but of coarse that is JMO.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Do they still make the Al?
I think mine says 620 or something.
Franchi or Ithaca is all I hunt with anymore. Lite and no rust.

Post by 870 »

yes they still make it. There is one at my local shop. Stupid me I shouldn't of picked it up and touched it because now its light weight has seduced me!

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i have several shotguns n had alot more but when i decide to take a gun hunting i use a 20 ga 870 express dont worry bout scratching it just throw it in back of my truck n head out shoots n kills as good as anything i have had jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

870 you will get spoiled by the light weight of the 48-AL. Like I said I got mine 4 years ago and after that I put my 12ga Browning and my 16ga auto's in the case and have not used them since. I took them out last night and the weight of them made me put them right back in the closet.

910Beagler

Post by 910Beagler »

Traded my dad a browning 500R 12ga and a Charles Daly 20ga. for one. I fell in love with it cause of the weight and easy to pull up. Only Missed 1 rabbit with it so far, that was on a jump

Dean

Post by Dean »

If you stand the price, you might put your hands on a Benelli 20ga and it will sell itself!!! Dean

Shot Caller

Post by Shot Caller »

I have a al 48 26" in 28ga. Supa lite but kicks like a mule. If I had to do it again I would go with a browning lite gas operated instead.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Shot Caller wrote:I have a al 48 26" in 28ga. Supa lite but kicks like a mule. If I had to do it again I would go with a browning lite gas operated instead.
Check to see if someone stole your compression ring. That little pop gun shouldn't kick at all.