Taurus Judge 45/410 reviews?

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sescowc

Taurus Judge 45/410 reviews?

Post by sescowc »

Looking for reviews on this lil hand gun, here in Southwest Va. shops are selling out as quick as they get them (if they can get them)... any board members own one... your likes or dislikes?

Thanks

tinymwoods

Re: Taurus Judge 45/410 reviews?

Post by tinymwoods »

Hunter's Paradise in Chilhowie, Va. had 2 last week. They had 1 left yesterday. Might want to give them a call if you are looking.....
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

flash

Post by flash »

I own one with a 6 " barrel it's a lot of fun . Real accurate with 410 slugs I haven't tried any 45LC in mine . We have killed rabbits at 35 - 40 yards with #6 shot 2 1/2 . I tried about all brands of ammo and Winchester super X seems to shoot the best . My son and I have fired probably 500 rounds through the gun and never had a problem .
LPGRCH GRID IRON SUNDOWN BACK STREET TANK
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET
FLASH'S IMUS IN THE MORNING
2nd place is the first loser

buckshotmc
Location: "The trucking capitol of Michigan" at least that is what the sign says.

Post by buckshotmc »

I have a Thunder Five and love it. It has a 2" barrel and is useless for anything other than self defense and plinking. I have tried to shoot rabbits and clay pigeons with it and quickly realized I was waisting my time. The pellets spread way too quick. A "bad guy" at self defense range is another story. It is comforting to know that if I or my wife have to grab it in the middle of the night that we only have to determine that something or somebody need to be shot and all we have to do is aim close to our target and it will get hit. No need to worry about the shakes or sights in the dark, just point and pull. As for the plinking I was suprised how accurate it is with 45LC. Also it is pretty cool (and expensive) to pull the trigger 5 times and see 15 holes in a target when shooting .410 buckshot. I got mine years before the Judge was around. If I were buying one now I would definitely want the 6" barrel.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

buckshotmc wrote: I have tried to shoot rabbits and clay pigeons with it and quickly realized I was waisting my time. The pellets spread way too quick.
This is a common opinion of the Judge, if you are looking for a .410 revolver for hunting rabbits than the Magnum Research BFR is the way to go. The BFR has a choke to stop the shot cup from spinning the same as a Thompson Center Contender or Encore does, they actually use the same choke. If you could get a Judge's barrel reamed and tapped for that same choke I think it would be the ticket but until you have a choke in it your pattern will look like water out of a sprinkler.