BARREL JAM

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sparkydog

BARREL JAM

Post by sparkydog »

GUY AT WORK HAD SOME RELOADS AND WAS TRYING THEM OUT HIS STOEGER SHOTGUN, THE FIRST SHELL HE SHOT SNAPPPED ON HIM SO HE EJECTED IT AND FIRED ANOTHER AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS BARREL. THE FIRST SHELL HAD SOMEWHAT SHOT AND PUSHED THE WADDING UP INTO THE BARREL AND THE SECOND BLOWED IT OUT THE SIDE. LUCKILY NO ONE WAS HURT JUST HAD TO CHANGE PANTS. HAHA CHECK OUT THE PIC.
SPARKY

[img][img=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3990 ... ne5.th.jpg][/img]
SURATT'S HY-N-TYT BEAGLES
EMAIL: SPARKYDOG2468@yahoo.com

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Re: BARREL JAM

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I bet he wasn't reloading with Winchester AA. When guys reload with the cheaper hulls a paper piece that sits behind the wad over time will dislodge from the hull and get trapped in the barrel and the next shot will blow the barrel. Only reload shotgun with QUALITY hulls like the Winchester AA, they have a plastic piece that will not dislodge. If shooting O/U check the barrels between shots. If reloading for an auto-loader or pump only use the best components becasue you can not inspect easily between shots.

Be safe...

Ed

sparkydog

Post by sparkydog »

GOD HAD TO BE WATCHING OVER HIM, THATS ALOT OF SHOT AND METAL FLYING OUT OF THERE, AND IF SOMEONE HAD BEEN BESIDE HIM NO TELLING HOW MUCH DAMAGE IF NOT DEATH COULD HAVE OCCURRED. IVE NEVER SEEN ONE BLOW OUT THAT BAD. HAS ANYONE ELSE?
SPARKY
SURATT'S HY-N-TYT BEAGLES
EMAIL: SPARKYDOG2468@yahoo.com

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Yes, I seen pics of a local guys 11-87 that looked even worse and screwd the guys hand up.
Not pretty.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

That's scary !!! Why did the 1187 explode ?

Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

My guess is either an overcharged reload or a barrel obstruction. Neve heard the final outcome but did see pics of the gun and it wasn't pretty.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Anytime a primer pops but the shell doesn't go off you need to break down gun and inspect your barrel, reload or not. The primer doesn't have the power to clear the barrel of the wad most times and there's your set-up for disaster. Anytime a shell doesn't sound right, I always check my barrel is clear... ;)

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

my question would be if you shot a shell and it didnt sound right why shoot another one,,,not very good gun ethics there,,,,,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS