Pro Hunter Muzzleloader

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ravenrunner

Pro Hunter Muzzleloader

Post by Ravenrunner »

Can anyone tell me about their Pro Hunter. I have had a rough time lining it up. When i shoot it 2 or 3 times and the ramrod will not go all the way down to the bullet. I've owned several Knight's and never had this problem. I have to clean it pretty frequently to ensure that it will shot ok. I'm been using the Powerbelt Bullets and the Pyrodex pellets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ringtail

Re: Pro Hunter Muzzleloader

Post by ringtail »

had a contender and it done the same thing,,,,,,sold it and bought a traditions,,,,,,the plastic mauls up in the rifling on the tc's for some reason, i shot my traditions 9 times before cleaning it and the ram rod full through with no problem
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

First, let me say i absolutely love the TC Encore and Contenders.
There seems to be a lot of people with really tight barrels with the Encore muzzle loaders. I personally had a friend with the same issue with his. I would lap the barrel and buy the new bullets that do not require plastic sabots. They are fairly new and I seen them at Wally World. They are the pointed power shock style bullets but do not require the plastic piece. This may help you out.
Good luck.

Ed

Ravenrunner

Post by Ravenrunner »

Thanks for the help I appreciate it. I 've got alot of money tied up in the gun.

Blue Bandit

Post by Blue Bandit »

I have a pro hunter with a sightron big sky 2 3x9x50 and it is a tack driver. If i were you, I would ditch the powerbelts and shoot either a shockwave 250 or Hornady SST Low Drag 250. I shoot 2 triple seven pellets and consistantly shoot 1in or under groups at 100 yards and 2.5 in at 200. Also i am sure you know this already but consistancy in cleaning your barrel after every shot makes a world of difference. I always wet patch and then dry patch after each shot. Hope this helps.
True Blue or nothing.