CVA Inlines

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

padeerhunter

CVA Inlines

Post by padeerhunter »

What's everyone's opinions on CVA muzzle loaders? I've read that there barrels are not made with the best of metals. I can't believe that they are allowed to sell them if they are dangerous to shoot?!? They are definitely cheaper than some, but I know some people that have them and they say they shoot great. Was looking at T/C and they are more money, but are they worth it? Thanks for your opinions!

Doug

tinymwoods

Re: CVA Inlines

Post by tinymwoods »

I have 2 CVA's and I like them alot. Never had a bit of trouble and they shoot good shot after shot.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

cooper

Post by cooper »

About 8 years ago I bought a CVA bolt action, nickel plated barrel with black composite stock. I gave $169 for it and it has been great. Every year I tell myself that I am going to buy a new one that breaks down like a single shot but haven't yet. What I like about mine is that it's so light, I haven't found one close to it's weight. Another is it's very accurate. You can't go wrong with a CVA. Tom Gross
Without a rabbit there is no chase!!!

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

i have 2 cva's and 2 traditions,,,,,both great guns
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

flash

Post by flash »

I have used a CVA for years mine is a real tack driver .
LPGRCH GRID IRON SUNDOWN BACK STREET TANK
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET
FLASH'S IMUS IN THE MORNING
2nd place is the first loser

crittergitter

Post by crittergitter »

have 3 , a hawkin side lock 50 cal , my son shoots a 45 cal inline hunter bolt mag. shoots great , killed a b buck this year at 150 yds , and i shoot an optima pro 50 cal both inlines will shoot 2 inch groups at 150 yds, love them!1

padeerhunter

Post by padeerhunter »

What kind of loads you guys shooting? Grains and type of powder, bullet type and weight. I know you have to play around with them, but was just wondering.

Doug

crittergitter

Post by crittergitter »

i shoot 195 grn power belt aero tip , and 100 grn of pyrodex, in the 45 cal and 245 grn hornady sabots and 100 grn of pyrodex in the 50 cal