savage o/u scope needed

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

nb11

savage o/u scope needed

Post by nb11 »

I have a Savage 223/12 ga. over/under. 223 shoots awesome. I've put every scope that I own on this gun, but none will stay dialed in when I shoot the 12 gauge. I put a red dot on it, but the dot is at least 6 inches big at 100 yards. That isn't good. I don't care to go out and start blowing money on scopes, just to find that they won't work over the 12 gauge.
Any help?
Thanks
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."

S.R.Patch

Re: savage o/u scope needed

Post by S.R.Patch »

Don't know much about this but I got a fixed power scope on my 1100 12ga. that stays tuned. Maybe a fixed power stays put better :?:

huntall50

Post by huntall50 »

Buy a shotgun scope. Fixed or variable power, it is designed to take the recoil of a shotgun.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

nb11 wrote:I have a Savage 223/12 ga. over/under. 223 shoots awesome. I've put every scope that I own on this gun, but none will stay dialed in when I shoot the 12 gauge. I put a red dot on it, but the dot is at least 6 inches big at 100 yards. That isn't good. I don't care to go out and start blowing money on scopes, just to find that they won't work over the 12 gauge.
Any help?
Thanks
Any decent scope will work with a 12 ga., if you've tried several scopes amd they won't hold zero I would look into new mounts and rings, a 12 ga has a lot of felt recoil but it's not a terribly abusive recoil to scopes. One of the best shotgun scopes I've seen is the Bushnell Trophy 1.75-4 shotgun/brush gun scope, it will take the recoil of a 12 ga all day long and it's fairly resonable at less than $100. Can be bought for around $60 through Natchez Shooting Supply. natchezss.com