Favorite .410

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

oricks_outlaws

Re: Favorite .410

Post by oricks_outlaws »

our stogers are 410's we have 5 of them total have owned them for 3-4 years now and i would guess we have shot somewhere around 100 - 150 rounds thru each of them by now never have had a problem with them. But I do take very good care of my firearms
LPGRCH Evans Lady in Red

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I've put a couple hundred through my .410 Stoeger and about a 100 through my 12 / 20 ga Stoeger matched set and haven't had any problems either. The only thing I can see that would be apt to break would be if you didn't fully break open the action and the 2 locking pins were left out and you slammed it shut anyway, otherwise there isn't much to go wrong unless I'm missing something.

B&D Kennels

Post by B&D Kennels »

Oricks_Outlaw and DIXIEDOG,
What model Stoegers are you shooting and in what guage?
I am considering a new STF 3000 in .410 guage for cottontail. Drop Tine alerted me in his initial post and with further search, I found reported problems with ejectors, open/close action and light hitting firing pin which is adjustable.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

B&D Kennels wrote:Oricks_Outlaw and DIXIEDOG,
What model Stoegers are you shooting and in what guage?
I am considering a new STF 3000 in .410 guage for cottontail. Drop Tine alerted me in his initial post and with further search, I found reported problems with ejectors, open/close action and light hitting firing pin which is adjustable.

I've got a .410 Condor and a 12/20 Condor matched barrel set (you can swap the barrels between 20 and 12 ga)

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

i also have the condor model and like dixiedog i have had no problems with it :check:
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

I shoot an Encore w/ a 15" barrel but also have a NEF single and an old mossberg bolt action . As far as the Stoeger I have a 20 G condor and have never had a problem in over 10 years. You must have the lever all the way over to the right or your pins will be exposed and the action will not close causing major problems when slammed shut.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

flash

Post by flash »

I shoot alot of .410's I have a JUDGE 45/410 revolver , a BSA semi-auto 410, a stevens 22/410 o/u ,a mossberg pump 410 ,a mossberg bolt-action 410 , a rossi single shot , and a H&R snake tamer stainless single shot .
LPGRCH GRID IRON SUNDOWN BACK STREET TANK
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET
FLASH'S IMUS IN THE MORNING
2nd place is the first loser

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

flash wrote:I shoot alot of .410's I have a JUDGE 45/410 revolver , a BSA semi-auto 410, a stevens 22/410 o/u ,a mossberg pump 410 ,a mossberg bolt-action 410 , a rossi single shot , and a H&R snake tamer stainless single shot .
Sounds like you're missing a good .410 lever action :biggrin:

flash

Post by flash »

i've been looking for one .
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

flash wrote:i've been looking for one .
I picked one up last year, be prepared for some sticker shock. They definitely don't give them away anymore. I'm a huge fan of the .410 myself, I needed another one like a hole in the head but I like Marlin levers so it was a "must have"

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

DIXIEDOG wrote:
flash wrote:i've been looking for one .
I picked one up last year, be prepared for some sticker shock. They definitely don't give them away anymore. I'm a huge fan of the .410 myself, I needed another one like a hole in the head but I like Marlin levers so it was a "must have"
does marlin make a lever action in a 410 ?
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

wvduece wrote:does marlin make a lever action in a 410 ?

Not anymore, they stopped awhile back. I just searched around until I found one, I lucked out the one I found was in perfect condition.

beaglehandler

Post by beaglehandler »

Ithica model 66, single shot 410 with lever action to break down. Gun is awesome to shoot and easy to carry. Have had the gun for at least 20 years and it still looks brand new.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I use a Contender 14" barreled pistol with a Bandito holster rig. Most comfortable set up and accurate pistol for rabbit hunting.

flash

Post by flash »

I seen Ed's contender and holster today it is very nice. I also saw him get some meat with it .
FLASH'S BUCKEYE BULLET