Need Scope Advice

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

coolbrze

Re: Need Scope Advice

Post by coolbrze »

Kevin Dowell wrote:I have a Winchester Model 70 .270 with a Leupold 3.5x10x50mm. Got the complete outfit from a guy needing some money and i got a steal in it. I have owned it for about 6-7 years now and have dropped it twice, beat and banged around on a four wheeler with it and have neeeeeever had to touch the scope, plus you would not believe the difference it makes at first light and just before dark. As you well know, leupold's are not cheap, but for the piece of mind...........priceless. Leupold all the way, JMHO.
I'll 2nd that, I've got the same rifle w/ the same scope just 40mm obj. lens and it's badass!
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

Keystone Kid

Post by Keystone Kid »

Something like at the bellow link I would recommend.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=445926
* I enjoy meeting new Beaglers & Squirrel Dog Owners. It's a blessing to find other's with such unique interests.
* I also enjoy helping future hunters.

http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

I've had a Vari-X III 2.5-8x (supposedly equivalent to the lenses in the VX-II made today) since 1993 and it's still a really good, light weight scope. Best scope I've looked through to date is the Zeiss Conquest. When considering the "best bang for the buck," I like the Burris Fullfield II and Weaver Grand Slam scopes, but haven't compared the Nikon Buckmaster series to them yet.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

Twin Bridge Kennels

Post by Twin Bridge Kennels »

I used to own a sporting goods store and I have had all types of scope brands and my opinion is that Leupold is over priced. My favorite brand is burris and pentax. They are the same scope pentax makes the glass for burris and burris makes the scope body for pentax the pentax is a little cheaper that the burris but they are the same scope and the same warrantys and if you ever have to send one back to get it worked on both brands got to the same place. I hope this helps.
Twin Bridge Kennels
Jackie Branstetter II