T/C contender Question

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

deerhost

Re: T/C contender Question

Post by deerhost »

Dixie,I picked up some 2 1/2" #8 shot. I couldn't find magnums, but I found the standerd load. I also picked up some 3" #7 1/2 Federal ammo. The federal ammo is supposed to hold a tighter pattern. I'm hoping I have better luck with these then the Winchester or remington 3" shells. I was a little concerned about trying the smaller #8 shot but if you say it nocks bunnies down I believe you....DH

DIXIEDOG

Re: T/C contender Question

Post by DIXIEDOG »

deerhost wrote:Dixie,I picked up some 2 1/2" #8 shot. I couldn't find magnums, but I found the standerd load. I also picked up some 3" #7 1/2 Federal ammo. The federal ammo is supposed to hold a tighter pattern. I'm hoping I have better luck with these then the Winchester or remington 3" shells. I was a little concerned about trying the smaller #8 shot but if you say it nocks bunnies down I believe you....DH
The "magnum" is the actual shot so it probably isn't popular on manufactured shells because it costs a little more. I'm sure you'll like the way the Federals shoot.