My new rifle is done

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

CORNERSTONE

My new rifle is done

Post by CORNERSTONE »

Wish I was a better at taking pics, because they do to rifle no justice. Pay no attention to the dates, because I can not set the camera either.

This rifle is shooting 1/2" groups during the breakin\

Action: Nesika Bay “T” 1.350 Diameter with the following options: Right bolt, Right port, Repeater cut, Nesika recoil plate, Mag box, Mag spring, Follower, Plunger Ejector, Drop bolt

SS Trigger Guard and Jewell HTVR Trigger

Barrel: .308 Shilen Select Match SS #5 Silhouette #5 1/2 weight. 25” length, 10 twist, Match 11 degree crown, Match grade chamber with tight neck .335" (standard neck is .346").

Stock: AAA American Walnut, Pillar bedded, Glassed and free floated, Fagen Custom Rollover Varmiter, Pachmayr Decellerator Pad

Scope / Mounts: Nikon Titanium 5.5 16 AO, Talley SS Rings and SS Talley bases.
Ed Smith, SW Pennsylvania

deerfield

Re: My new rifle is done

Post by deerfield »

That is a nice looking gun. Did you build it? Are you going to hunt or comp shoot with it.

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

Beautiful gun! But, I'd be scared to take it to the woods!
-Pete
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/

Emery

Post by Emery »

That sure is a purdy stock!
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

CORNERSTONE

Post by CORNERSTONE »

Deerfield,

The gun was built by John Berish @ Berish Custom Guns. He must be a saint for putting up with me during this project

greenesbeagles

Post by greenesbeagles »

Yes he does do great work,my buddy had him do three of them for him.A 2/22,a 2/23 and a 243.The 243 at 350 yards was just not even normal.

Scott Green

Post by Scott Green »

How much are we talking for these custom built rifles, if I may ask without being nosey?

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

Hey Ed that is a nice looking gun, did you get my e-mail about going to the Pa. State Trail. The offer still stands and there is plenty of room.

Later Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

CORNERSTONE

Post by CORNERSTONE »

Scott,

John has a website that gives his prices. They are about normal, but no where near the big name gunsmiths.

From what I have seen a person can get one with a synthetic stock for $1500 to $2000 if you have your own Remington action. If you go custom action like the Nesika I used it will about double. And also to go walnut stock with pillars and glass it can make the wife cry like mine did. :shock:

It is a feeling you can not get with an over ther counter rifle. I have heard of some shoot out of the box but the vast majority will not hold moa @ 100 yards. It was fit and built to suit me. The only one like it right down to the hand made stainless steel inletted swivels.

greenesbeagles

Post by greenesbeagles »

Yes they can get very exspensive,nothing to invest 15,000 to 20,000 or more.Especially if you are building it fully custom with the top of the line gadgets from the ground up.Very exspensive hobby,to exspensive for my taste,but I would spend that much on my HOUND hobby.It is just like any other of guys hobbys,muscle cars,rock climbing rigs,snowmobiles,campers and so on.I am sure all of you guys have a hobby of something or other and you know what I am talking about.So I guess it is just what you happen to be into to drop a giant pile of cash and not blink twice.Just as long as every one is enjoying there selves,thats all that matters.

Netboy

Post by Netboy »

Sweet rifle. Don't scratch it!

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

Very very nice!
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Very nice work. :approve:

CORNERSTONE

Post by CORNERSTONE »

Thanks guys,

It was 10 years of planning, 14 months of building & 3 paychecks

Margaret Ethridge

Post by Margaret Ethridge »

I know this is an old post but I was surfing this site and have to agree that your rifle is beautiful. But OMG!! the price to have a custom gun stock. I guess I didn't know how blessed I was. My father in law has built custom gun stocks as a hobby his adult life. All of the rifles in my house are all custom made from black walnut, maple (tiger), and my 1909 mauser 7.65
is a wild cherry stock cut down in my parents front yard. My husband is getting all of of them (other than the ones he already has) when his Dad goes home to be with the Lord. I helped make mine and it is a labor intensive job but I
appreciate the time with my FIL.