Prices on pistols

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Anderson Upland Beagles

Re: Prices on pistols

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

I have a ruger single six with a scope on it i use the 22 magnam ..and cci bird shot it will kill a rabbit or snake at my feet

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

bluegrass wrote:by Pike Ridge Beagles on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:18 pm

I can keep my Glock 9mm's within 6 inches at 50 yards, within 2 inches at 25 yards and 1 inch at combat range (7 yards). The Glock is one accurate and reliabe semi auto pistol. 99.9% of them will never jam (even if dirty) and with 15 to 19 rounds you can unload on a yote and put one down with ease.

Someone is in love with the Glock obviously, but untrue about 99.9% NEVER JAM EVEN IF DIRTY???

I would love to see ANY 9mm from a semi auto hold 6 in groups at 50 yds...never seen it myself, probably never will.
:roll:

Tony
Evidently you don't get out much. Or are buying junk. And I was being conservative at 6 inches. :lol: Go here http://glocktalk.com/forums/ I am not the only one who loves the Glock. Tread lightly on that site, they'll eat you alive with a bad attitude. ;)
A quality rifle will shoot sub MOA (one ragged hole) at 100 yards so why is it hard to believe a quality pistol will hold 6 inches at 50 yards?

Dave C

Post by Dave C »

I've got a Glock Model 21 45 ACP that I think would be a good choice.There pretty accurate and very easy to disassemble and clean.

TallDog

Post by TallDog »

Jr., as you can see there are nearly as many opinions on the subject as there are beaglers. I'd prefer to lug around my shotgun or a lighter centerfire rifle during the off season for the same reason you want some protection. Just this season I've had coyotes come in on my beagles once, a pack of wild dogs once and a pair of other dogs which were probably harmless once. They are out there and I'm not going to be without a weapon.
I carry my Springfield Armory XD40 in a coat pocket or on a hip holster. It's a good, high quality weapon, reasonably accurate, it's easily concealed and in .40 S&W, it packs the punch you'd want for self protection. They aren't cheap.... be prepared to pay around $530 for a new one. That would include the case, 2 clips, clip holder, clip loader and a lock. I've tried Glock, Beretta and the XD40 and found that I liked the Glock and XD series about the same.
As has been said before in this thread.... you get what you pay for. Don't try to go the cheap route or you may end up buying reliability and safety problems.
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Jr Walker

Post by Jr Walker »

Briarhoppers ,i had a wild dog/yote mix try to eat me up last year but luckly had a gun with me and gave it some lead but ended up not killing it ,then got a long shot on it with a 22. still didnt kill it lol then finshed it off at 5yards with a 16GA. and it didnt live tru that one :lol: ---Only turn off is that ive heard u have to hold the gun one way for the recoil and all this but ive seen people on the outdoor channel hold them all kinds of ways and hit what they are aiming at so im worried about putting money into this gun and never being able to hit something with it unless the barrel is touching it lol...ive also heard u have to learn a pistol and know to aim 2feet under what ur aimming at to hit it ect.---im use to useing my sights for what they are there for lol...i can hit anything u ask me to hit with a rifle if u hand me a rifle that shoots true and clean but ive shot my dad's 22' and couldnt hit a glass bottle 10feet from me LOL and he isnt much better than me
Walk Away Kennel-----Shelbyville TN.
Jr. Walker

http://www.myspace.com/jrisdaman69

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

the 9mm is my choice round for a pistol my buddy is a glock nut and i have a bretta px4 storm and love it.thare is a big defference in accurace in a target round and a home defence round. and for yotes 17hmr is the most accurate gun i have shot in a long time imo.
DEADEYES POACHER

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

deadeyebeagle wrote:the 9mm is my choice round for a pistol my buddy is a glock nut and i have a bretta px4 storm and love it.thare is a big defference in accurace in a target round and a home defence round. and for yotes 17hmr is the most accurate gun i have shot in a long time imo.
The 17 HMR is a nice low report rifle and cheap to shoot. I like that round. My favorite varmit round is the 6mm Remington. Another is the good ole .223 Rem.
As far as pistols...I love the 1911 Colt and clones and the Glocks and the Browning Hi-Power in semi-autos. For wheel guns - S&W 629 Classic with 6.5" bl. and SS. :D