Going to carry a 410 pistol next rabbit season.

Discuss guns and ammo in this forum. This will be a good place to keep all that info together for reference. We will move relevent threads into this forum as we find them, and you will have your gun info in one place.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DIXIEDOG

Re: Going to carry a 410 pistol next rabbit season.

Post by DIXIEDOG »

[/quote]
Don't need any follow up shots but if you do better get the BFR. :lol:
Seriously, Magnum Research makes some fine "stuff." Always wanted a Desert Eagle in 44 magnum. How much does that BFR weigh? Does it come with wheels? :)[/quote]

The BFR weighs 4 lbs and I think if you want the wheels they charge extra :haha:

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Home Wrecken beagles wrote:i am really considering a 410 pistol and i apprecieate all the good info you all have suplied
You won't regret that decision my friend. Below is a pic of my Super 14" Contender. Now they have the G2 Contenders out that are even better yet. I have a G2 but it sports a stainless 24" VR .410 barrel and walnt furniture. It is my favorite .410 bore but the one in this pic is number two. Depends on the terrain and type hunting I am doing as to whether I carry the pistol or long gun.
Good luck.

Ed/PRB

Michhuntr

Post by Michhuntr »

ok.....I've read all the post. Now what do I do.

I want a 410 for rabbits only. Not interested in other barreles or cal. Don't want it too heavy but want to reach out a little ways. Prefer Single shot but will take more if it doesn't add alot of cost for revlover type.
Barrel length ...thought about 10' but worried won't be good at longer range
14-16' worried may be too heavy or alkward to handle.

have 500-600 for purchase....Now what do I do????????????????

G2 with 14" 12"

Judge

encore
Politicians & Diapers both need to be changed on cue, and for the same reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

The Contender barrel comes in 12 in. also. Try that. Good thing about Contender barrels, there are tons of 'em.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Don't worry too much about the shorter barrel, my BFR has a 7.5 barrel (which equals a Conteder 10.75" barrel when you add the cylinder) and it shoots as well as my Contender with a 14" barrel.