SPORTDOG TEK 2.0...IN STOCK NEXT WEEK

List Beagling Related Items only here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

OKIEDOG

SPORTDOG TEK 2.0...IN STOCK NEXT WEEK

Post by OKIEDOG »

The TEK 2.0 will be in stock next week. We have been working with the Tek 2.0 and did some more work with it today.

It's interesting and we really like the collar design and the smaller antenna on the dog device. We worked a dog with the TEK 2.0, using a track and train collar, and the other 2 on the Alpha (one with a TT 15 and one with a T 5). The TEK showed the same path and yardage as the Alpha. Identical! That was pretty cool. I liked the TEK showed the actual speed of the dog...whereas the Alpha shows the 'averaged' speed of the dogs. Actually, I'm a control freak...I liked knowing both numbers! There was no instruction manual in the box...an oversight?? That left us kind of fumbling around to marry up the collar and get things 'tuned' to the way we run and the temperament of the dog. But, we figured it out and had a good time using the TEK again today. The dog device (collar) is the same size as the TT 15, but, it's slightly narrower, likely due to the 'curved,' 'forms to the neck' design of the TEK collar versus the brick design of the TT 15. The handheld of the TEK 2.0 is heavier than the Alpha Handheld and bulkier because of the battery. The TEK claims a battery time of up to 12 hours. However, I turned them both on at 5am, and by the end of the time afield, around 1:30pm, the TEK was on the last battery bar, whereas the Alpha stated it had 80% of the battery life left and we were running 2 collars on it at a 2.5 second update rate but had a 3 second (the fastest update rate) on the TEK. We are trying the tests again tomorrow as we are having issue with the on/off button. The quick start guide says you should see a battery come on when you plug it in. The online manual (since we didn't have a manual in the box) says you shouldn't. We don't get a battery picture when we charge it and the on/off button is difficult. We are not sure if this is a defect in this unit or if it's by design. We'll be in touch with SportDOG tomorrow.

Overall, the performance of the TEK 2.0 was quite nice. Large display dial, didn't have any extra glare on the screen than the Alpha. Besides the HH being heavy and the long HH antenna on the TEK, all performance aspects were incredibly similar. Didn't lose any collars on the Alpha and dropped 1 time when the dog jumped in the lake, with the TEK, but, the TEK quickly recovered...and even showed the dog swimming! That was cool.

And, the TEK has an audible voice. I found it annoying. It's like the iPhone voice, Siri. Talks really weird and broken up and it's loud and made me jumpy. Contrary to info on the internet, you CAN turn the voice off! I figured that out FAST. You can map distance, press 'go to' and walk to the dog/object, mark waypoints, add geofences, and more. We'll be ready to ship as soon as the unit is in stock. Expected shipment to all dealers is 9/23/2014.

Let me know if you're interested in purchasing one...I'll get one out right away.

Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
918-633-3519
www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com