Hunts Creek Dayona FC Highers' Winston Cup

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joe Parrino

Hunts Creek Dayona FC Highers' Winston Cup

Post by Joe Parrino »

Daytona is 7yrs 13 1/2". I have not had time for the hounds in over 15mos. She is in good health and has had one Litter sired by my,
FTC Rumsey's Randy Andy.
She is and excellent mother. She is over weight and under ran, Selling her not as a great running Hound but a solid bred bitch for your breeding program. Before laying her up she was a fair running hound with good nose handled well,I've seen a lot better and worse. Her brother was trialed and has places on Hare & Cottontail. I hunted with Eric and Winston and he is and excellent hound on snow.
I've owned Wabasso's Fast sara ,Wabasso's Pepper (littermate to IFC Doyland's Jimmy) Hunts Creek Snake it Baby & Hunted Mary. I owned and finished HB CH Hunts Creek Ben and the bitches behind him.
The Ben Crosses I made are behind a lot of the top Hounds in the Northeast today that many have founded their Kennel on. Some Also founded their Kennels on The Shaker X Wabasso's Mary Cross!
Daytona is no Ben Nor Winston, but is bred right, Not going to run you a line of BS like so many do. She's a well bred bitch with producing potential.
My son and I took her out this weekend and I could see the injustice of laying her up for so long had done, and I have no plans on breeding her again, going to keep our younger hounds to work with now. Call 607-849-6152 Leave message, I prefer you pick her up unless you make all arrangement's on getting her to you.$400 I do travel to the south every other month, NY to NC & SC, I81to I77.
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st
http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amen ... tm#amend02

Joe Parrino

Re: Hunts Creek Dayona FC Highers' Winston Cup

Post by Joe Parrino »

BTT :hammer:
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

HOW WOULD SHE BE AS A PUP TRAINER? I HAVE A 10 MONTH OLD FEMALE I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH SHE WAS DOING WELL BEFORE THE SNOW CAME, EVEN KILLED A COUPLE RABBITS IN FRONT OF HER, BUT NOT MUCH SINCE. SHE WILL JUMP IN WITH MY OLDER MALE IF SHE HAS THE LEAD, BUT SEEMS TO LEAVE IT AS SOON AS HE BARKS OR THE FIRST CHECK. HE DOESN'T RESPOND WELL TO A DOG GETTING IN FRONT OF HIM EITHER. I ASSUME SHE'S USE TO RUNNING IN A PACK, IF SO WOULD SHE LEAD WITH SOME CONDITIONING?

Joe Parrino

Post by Joe Parrino »

When in shape as a younger hound she was quick but very clean running hound with a good nose, she could lead a pack or be an asset in a pack. She did not get lead all over banging heads she ran her own rabbit and if she was on the front she was fine, if another hound had the front she'd be ok. If I had to change one thing is I'd like to see her hunt harder, she can get out hunted at times. She should with running be fine to run pups with she's not rough and is a line running hound that steps it up or down, does not cause her own checks. She is over weight and out of shape, she will need running and conditioning for sure. Laying her up so long was not my intention but it showed when we took her out, was not the hound that she was and that's my fault. So if you have a good place to run and time with rabbits she will come around with time, she will hark to a running hound no problem. That as honest as I can tell you about her.
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st

TVE1998

Post by TVE1998 »

THANKS FOR THE INFO. IF SHE WAS A FEW YEARS YOUNGER I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY. ITS HARD FOR ME TO GET THAT MUCH TIME MYSELF, HAVE A NEW BABY AT HOME SO I UNDERSTAND.

Joe Parrino

Post by Joe Parrino »

I understand and if I didn't have others and had more time I'd keep her but she has another 6mos before I get the time to start running like I want to and she will be a year older. TVE1998 Family 1st hounds 2nd, no problem good luck.
Hunts Creek Beagles
Where Hunt Comes 1st