AKC HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG (SOLD)

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

grim

Post by grim »

this is what a dog that is ran all the time is supose to look like he is lean and in shape not skinny as a rail he is ran all year long if she is that hard to keep weight on id would put her on a auto feeder so she can eat when ever she wonts i have had dogs for years and have never had a problem with one that wont keep on wieght when he or she is ran hard i usually give them more food to keep them in good shape its called beagling not brain surgery it isnt that hard to figure out
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT

cdsmithky

Post by cdsmithky »

I know what a dog looks like ran up. I've got 2 out in the pen, and James has got dogs that look great too. All I'm saying is you guys see one picture of a dog that's hard to keep weight on and automatically assume somebody mistreats their hounds.

James E. Whisman

AKC HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG

Post by James E. Whisman »

This is just another typical bashing attempt for everyone to complain about.....Anyone that questions how I take care of my dogs should come up and physically take a look at how I take care of them instead of just assuming from a picture!!!! I can assure you that this dog does get fed and is wormed regularly, as is all my dogs!!! I am only making an attempt to offer a dog for sale..I personally do not appreciate the comments that are directed towards me, in saying that I am not taking care of a dog!!!!! Anyone that has an opinion about me should sit down and think about how they can better themselves instead of worrying about other people!!!!!!!
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Owner: James E. Whisman
Home of:
RIP Watt's Trakarab Pepper
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

Lottie

Post by Lottie »

I have run hounds for 25 years and 20 years of it running foxhounds. There are no leaner made running hounds than a hard foxhound in running shape. When a hound is run hard and in top shape they will never look as neglected or mistreated as this hound. If this hound was being taken care of and is hard to keep weight on, her hair would still be healthy. This hounds hair is thin and no wonder she is cold. Even at -10 a hound that is in good health wouldn't be bowed up like she is. Hounds have hair for a reason. This hound is in serious need of care and who in there right mind would ever purchase something that look like her other than a good hearted person who can't stand to see an animal abused. This guy should be ashamed of himself for letting a hound get like this. Not a sign of good houndsman. A houndsman that treats his hounds like this doesn't need hounds.

James E. Whisman

It is plain to see that this post is ending up to be something that it wasn't intended to be!!!!! I have taken the pic of the board because of criticism..I am not the kind of person that is going to argue with someone over something of this nature....If someone is serious about this dog, pm me and I will send a pic to your inbox.....Thanks
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Home of:
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

James, I have a dog that is like yours. I worm and feed her the best and she still looks too skinny. Mine gets all she wants to eat of Puribna puppy chow plus all the canned dog food she will eat and has a good warm bed. There is something wrong with her and I don't know what and the vets don't know what. She just won't eat much. I wouldn't put a pic of her anywhere because people will be all over you. Just give the dog to somebody, that's what I do it ain't worth a little money for all that trouble.

fulcount

poor dog

Post by fulcount »

If we run em hard we need to feed em hard!!!
Fulcount

James E. Whisman

THIS DOG HAS BEEN SOLD.....THANKS FOR THE CALLS AND PM'S....
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Home of:
Chapel Hills Crankshaft