AKC HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG (SOLD)

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

James E. Whisman

AKC HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG (SOLD)

Post by James E. Whisman »

13 INCH TRI-COLORED WITH TICKS.. THIS FEMALE HAS EXTREME HUNT AND HAS NO QUIT IN HER. CAN PUT HER WHERE YOU WANT. HUNTS HEAD DOWN LIKE A GUNDOG IS SUPPOSE TO. HAS A HORN TYPE BAWL MOUTH THAT IS USED RIGHT. NO COLD TRAILING. DEER-BROKE AND COLLAR BROKE. HANDLES LIKE A DREAM. WILL LOAD FROM KENNEL TO TRUCK. SHE RUNS MEDIUM SPEED.SHE IS A LITTLE TOO SLOW FOR MY PACK. THIS IS THE HARDEST HUNTING DOG THAT I GOT SHE WOULD MAKE SOMEONE AN EXCELLENT GUNDOG. NOT SHY IN ANYWAY. SHE IS NO CULL. IF YOU RUN MEDIUM SPEED HOUNDS SHE IS DEFINATELY A KEEPER!!! $500
THANKS....
Last edited by James E. Whisman on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Owner: James E. Whisman
Home of:
RIP Watt's Trakarab Pepper
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

ky hunter 2005

Post by ky hunter 2005 »

i sent you a pm

James E. Whisman

AKC--HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG

btt
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Home of:
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

cdsmithky

Post by cdsmithky »

I've hunted with this dog all season. He's just as he says she is. One of the hardest hunting dogs you will find. Always busy, brush buster.

James E. Whisman

AKC HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG (PIC ADDED)

BTT
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Home of:
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

Redbird

Post by Redbird »

What is wrong with her? She looks like she hasn't ate in a month.

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

I like a lean and mean dog...but that dog needs some nutrition.
-pete
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/

PREACHERS KENNEL

strjy

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

she just looks cold to me ..
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

James E. Whisman

AKC HARD HUNTING FEMALE--GUNDOG

I'll admit this is not a very good pic but when you take one when it's 10 degrees out on a dog box they tend to get a little cold....I'll admit this dog is a little lean looking but I can't feed this dog anymore than what I am feeding it now...This dog gets fed at least 3 cups a day....But when you run dogs they will get lean if I didn't run em they would be a show dog...This is not a show dog....I would rather keep mine lean, I don't need show champs!!!!!
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Home of:
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

rabbitman

Post by rabbitman »

ok we now know she is a hunter. but you havent told us how she runs a rabbit when she jumps one ? can she circle one by herself 90 % of the time ? how close is she on a check ? how smooth is she on the line. thanks kevin..

grim

Post by grim »

I RUN MY DOGS 5 TO 6 DAYS A WEEK ALL DAY LONG ON SAT AND SUNDAY AND AT LEAST TWO TO THREE HOURS WEEKNIGHTS AND MY DOGS DONT STAY THAT LEAN THEY ARE MUSCULAR FROM RUNNING AND IN SHAPE YOU CANT COUNT THERE RIBS AND FOR SURE CANT SEE THERE HIP AND BACK BONE THAT IS NOT WHAT A HARD RUNNING DOG LOOKS LIKE THAT IS WHAT A NEGLECTED DOG LOOKS LIKE IF YOU FEED HER THAT HEAVY HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING HER A GOOD WORMING BECAUSE THE NUTRIENTS SHE IS NEEDING SHE AINT GETTING
OR CHANGING DOG FEED BECAUSE BROTHER THE STUFF YOU ARE FEEDING NOW AINT WORKING FOR YOU ID BE ASHAMED TO EVEN PUT A DOG THAT IS THAT SKINNY UP FOR SALE AND I WOULDNT POST A PIC THAT IS BORDER LINE CRUELTY.

AND BY THE WAY I WORK AS A VET TECH AND I SEE NEGLECTED DOGS LIKE THIS QUITE OFTEN
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT

beagler111

female

Post by beagler111 »

This dog needs fed and wormed, I also run my dogs hard 5 to 6 days a week, they don't look like this. If you are feeding her 3 cups a day change food. I also work as a vet tech. she is in bad health, seriously emancipated. All her bones are showing and she has no muscle. I don't show either its nothing to do with that.
You don't see horses in the kentucky derby skinny like this.

grim

Re: female

Post by grim »

beagler111 wrote:This dog needs fed and wormed, I also run my dogs hard 5 to 6 days a week, they don't look like this. If you are feeding her 3 cups a day change food. I also work as a vet tech. she is in bad health, seriously emancipated. All her bones are showing and she has no muscle. I don't show either its nothing to do with that.
You don't see horses in the kentucky derby skinny like this.

THAT IS A BIG AMEN
JOEY AND DIANA SALYERS
SUB ZERO BLACK AND BLUE
SOUTH FORK BLUE LUCY
BRIARSWAMP'S RUNNIN TALLY
BRIARSWAMPS HEMI'S BLITZ
BRIARSWAMPS KABLOOEY
BRIARSWAMPS JACKPOT

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

dog looks like she is froze from not enuff bedding, looks wormier than all get out and even looks like she is loosing hair around her neck , i wouldnt even post a pic like that that dog isnt skinny from running her she is skinny from not being taken care of,,,,,,

cdsmithky

Post by cdsmithky »

This dog is fed good, wormed regularly, and has plenty of bedding for the cold. I hunt and work with James and I know he takes care of his dogs. James feeds good food to if that's what you're thinking. Usually Puring Hi-Pro, or Pride. She's just one of those dogs it's hard to keep the weight on when ran up like she is. During the summer she'll put it back on.