CASKEY'S SAMMY IS WHAT I AM "Not for sale"

List Adult and Started Hounds for Sale here.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mud

Re: CASKEY'S SAMMY IS WHAT I AM

Post by mud »

Shady, we are in agreement my friend.

mud

Post by mud »

Shady, we are in agreement my friend..

warddog

Post by warddog »

Shady, Again we are in total agreement on everything you said. WAY out of my price bracket and in fact never laid eyes on a beagle that I thought was worth that kind of money but if others do then that is great. A buddy and I looked at a $1000.00, bred to the hilt beagle, in the field one time and found it to be even worse than what we both had. We looked at each other and said seriously. Beings we traveled several hundred miles to look this dog over we gave the seller one last chance to sell him to me. I lifted up his tail so my buddy and I could plainly see her had one brown eye and NOT gold. I passed on that top dog as I have many others be they beagles or coon hounds.

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

On the whole, most of the people who say they can't afford to pay a four figure price for a finished hound just plain aren't willing to pay the money. To them it isn't worth it. If you truly know many of these people and are observant of what they will spend money on you quickly will find it's more "won't" then "can't". More often than not it's a matter of priorities.

People are willing to take cruises, road trips, go to big concerts and thousands of other things that provide fleeting moments of enjoyment with absolutely nothing in the end to show for the expenditure.

Most of these folks don't bother to keep track of the costs incurred in buying a well bred pup and all the associated costs of getting it up to the age of making a fair evaluation of wether or not the dog is a keeper. A well bred, finished dog coming from several generations of producing ancestors, is in good health and well trained is a bargain at $1500 and up. A pretty good start in buying a good finished hound is to do your homework on the seller and their integrity. I've paid some good money for a few finished and well started hounds over the years and can honestly say I've only been disappointed once. That one was my fault, not the sellers.

mud

Post by mud »

People can price and sell dogs for whatever they won't more power to them. That is their business. A friend once told me no matter the price of anything if both parties are satisfied then it's a good deal. Don't want this post to get off topic for anything I may of said. So great luck with the sale..

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

I will say that Caskey did send me a picture and he is a very nice looking hound. If he runs as good as he looks somebody will have a nice hound. Would love to drop down with him but distance is a factor. Ain't trying to change the subject but we have some food for thought. Look at the German Shephards, the Dobermans, and the poodles that do nothing but eat, poop, and shed hair on your couch. These people want upwards of $1000 for a pup. Hunting and trial beagles are sold way too cheap. We breed a litter. We start the pup. We put many miles per week on this pup. The pup starts to mature. We put it in the hunts and it wins and places. Is it a $500 dog? We don't think so. If the dog is good, top notch, bred right, and can prove himself under the gun and the judge, PRICELESS. JMO
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Jacksonboys
I am in total agreement with you in regards to the prices people get for their A.K.C. registered pups out of breeds that as you so accurately put it "do nothing more than eat,poop and shed on your couch". Amen to that ! My beagles are also A.K.C. registered but are hunting stock and not show stock and even though the beagle is #5 in A.K.C. in terms of popularity it still seems that $200.00-$250.00 is the ceiling around the country for what most of us can get for an 8 week old pup.
What i consider even more than ridiculous is the newest fad of so called"designer dogs". such as Labradoodles,Goldendoodles,Puggles,Maltipoos,Cockerdoodles,etc.,etc. that sell for $1,200.00-$1,800.00 as 8 week old pups.These are nothing more than cross bred mutts or as we used to call them"mongrels".What has happened to people's so called common sense?
I have no problem what so ever in what a man wants to charge for his hunting dogs.It's up to the buyer to do his due diligence in knowing what he's buying and from who he is buying.
As someone who has been following hunting dogs for 50 years now I've got a pretty good idea of what it takes to raise and develop a hound of quality and that friends is worth the money.
A well bred beagle pup with an ancestry of performing dogs in it's background is cheap at $200.00-$250.00.
A young hound of the quality the Jacksonboys mention is cheap at $800.00.
And a finished hound that can compete and hold his own with whatever competition he's put down with as Caskey indicates his is capable of, is probably a good deal at $2,500.00.
There's a whole world of beaglers out there that think they can get all the "rabbit dawgs" they want for $300.00-$500.00 to kill rabbits with and I'm sure they can.It just depends on what you are looking for,what your standards are and the quality you seek.
As always JMHO.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

warddog

Post by warddog »

The value of anything is in the eye of the buyer. Some people like those designer dogs but I have a cousin that goes to the animal shelter and gets them for a small fee, they are ALL designed differently. There is nothing wrong with what anyone thinks their products are worth as one man's junk is another man's treasure but that is determined by the buyer willing to pay the price be that a designer, a pet shop dog or a beagle.

BMBeagles

Post by BMBeagles »

If the dog is what you want thats a good price . Ive raised pups ,started them , ran the crap out of them and they just didnt finish into the type of dog i was hoping for ! And if you add up the time , money and disappointment ! Not a bad price !

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

BMBeagles wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:23 pm
If the dog is what you want thats a good price . Ive raised pups ,started them , ran the crap out of them and they just didnt finish into the type of dog i was hoping for ! And if you add up the time , money and disappointment ! Not a bad price !
Thanks BM Beagles. Every time you run a hound like this . He will change your mind on selling him .He done got to where he will run for 2 days if I would let him don't get me wrong he never did quit . But the grit he has got is unbelievable and find a rabbit like a needle in a hay stack . He's not for sale any longer .. he will get trialed heavy next year He will prove his self . And get breed to some nice bitches . He will be the only 13" male we keep .
Thanks
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC