Obama's upside down world

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Obama's upside down world

Post by Newt »

Too bad the folks who didn't vote for him have to live with his policies.

White House Officials Will Attend Michael Brown Funeral

Ferguson Is Calm as It Prepares to Bury Michael Brown
Nightly News

Three White House officials will attend Michael Brown’s funeral Monday on behalf of the Obama administration, a White House official told NBC News.

Assistant to the President and White House Cabinet Secretary Broderick Johnson, Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement Marlon Marshall and Heather Foster, an advisor to the public engagement office will be at the ceremony for the unarmed teenager who was shot dead by a Ferguson, Missouri, police officer on Aug. 9, sparking days of unrest in the St. Louis suburb.

Brown’s funeral will be at 10 a.m. local time at Friendly Temple Missionary Church in St. Louis.

The White House is gonna give the State Funeral treatment for someone who committed a felony and 15 minutes later was potentially killed during the act of trying to kill a cop?

Is this the same White House that snubbed the Thatcher funeral and more recently the funeral of the General killed in Afghanistan?

This bunch is beyond the pale.

Anyone that still defends them at this point is as sick up as they are.

bluemouse

Re: Obama's upside down world

Post by bluemouse »

To top it all obabbler is feeding the rev Al his talking points.

Newt

Post by Newt »

The Obama Bank Shakedown

The $16.65 billion settlement by Bank of America over financial-crisis-era mortgage securities "highlights a pattern of the government extorting the banks," Dick Kovacevich said on CNBC this week. Kovacevich is the former Wells Fargo chairman and CEO. I've known him for years. He ran a great bank. He kept Wells Fargo clean during the credit meltdown. And unusual for a big-bank CEO, he strongly supports free-market principles.

Kovacevich went on to say, "It's definitely politics. It has nothing to do with justice or restitution to the innocent victims. In fact, more of the money is going to the coffers of the states and various departments than the victims." He then concluded, "Why are we charging the stockholders instead of going after the people who did wrong? Corporations don't engage in criminal behavior. People do."

Kovacevich is right on target. These huge bank settlements are election-year ATMs for the Obama administration. It was $12 billion for JP Morgan, another $7 billion for Citigroup, and on and on. It's a real shakedown.

quote:
As The Wall Street Journal editorial page has pointed out, a lot of money has gone to states run by Democratic governors.

And in the $7 billion Citibank settlement, there's a section explaining how $2.5 billion goes to "community reinvestment and neighborhood stabilization." What's that mean?

All this sounds suspiciously like the housing version of the Acorn electioneering operations. In other words, community organizers. In other words, left-wing groups who had absolutely nothing to do with the credit crisis.

But this shakedown isn't isolated to banks. In spirit, it extends to all businesses. It's the Team Obama way.

A few days before the BofA settlement, The Hill ran a story on how the White House's midterm strategy is going to revolve around "economic populism and so-called economic patriotism." That's interesting. Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons said, "There is still a great amount of discomfort in the American electorate around the economy, and particularly anger with Wall Street and corporate chieftains."

Out campaigning in Texas last month, Obama said, "Let's rally around an economic patriotism, which says, instead of giving more tax breaks to millionaires, let's give tax breaks to working families to help pay for child care or college."

"Economic patriotism" = "let's give tax breaks to working families to help pay for child care or college". Meaning lets loan money to millennials so they can get a degree in something where there are no jobs.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I been reading some of the stories about the unarmed boy who was shot 6 times, 4 in the arm and twice in the head. What was he gonna kill the cop with? I hadn't read that part.
Also read about a boy with a knife that threatened the cops, I think each cop shot him 6 times. Is that what a clip holds or what it the magic 6 shot numbering?
Do the police still have those tazer guns? used to hear about them being used on folks all the time instead of shooting them.

I thought Corporations were people too. We have to face it, the BIG boys ain't going to jail with Bernie. So, if you choose to put your stock money back into a den of snakes, don't be surprised to get bit. The Corporation and it's stock holders chose to keep the same people in place after the fiasco was exposed. People had a choice to buy back or stay out after the cookie didn't crumble knowing the same corruption was still in charge. Bit twice, shame on me. Without anti-trust laws and deregulation of banking (Glass/Steagall Laws) this is what ya got. The banks got lots of taxpayer monies to keep them solvent in the stress test. This was a gift to the share holders except for Lehmans who went BK. all those share holders lost everything.
Blame it on risk/reward.

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Did you read about this kid breaking the bones around the eye socket of the cop before he was shot, did you see the size of this kid as he robbed the store ten minutes before he was shot. Did you read the part about the drugs in his system. Lets wait on all the facts then comment.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

No one from the WH attended James Foley's funeral either. What about the white kids killed by blacks? Who's speaking for them. Every week end, in New York, Chicago, New Orleans and LA, blacks are killed by other blacks. Why do we hear so little about them? Aren't they people? Or are they just statistics?
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Newt

Post by Newt »

With the state of the police, why aren't the finger pointers making a career in law enforcement. I'm seventy two years old and have never been mistreated by a policeman.
Nobody in the MSM has shown concern for the tobacco store owner nor the business owners whose store were ransacked. All the sympathy has been for the thug who was killed, and the outrage is toward the policeman who was trying to protect the community.

Hell the police should go on strike for a week, or until the MSM apologizes to Officer Wilson.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

If you kept with the updates, the bone of the eye socket was not broken but his face did have some swelling. if the swelling was on the left side of the face, it could have been the door of the car bouncing back into the cop. They said he tried to open the door and it hit the boy and knocked the cop back into the car. I don't know.
I saw the clip of someone in the store taking a pack of cigars I think that's what they said it was. I didn't see any weapon used.
They said the cop didn''t know he was dealing with a kid who had just stolen a pack of cigars. I didn't know taking a pack of cigars was a felony, but if a gun was involved that would be different.

I don't know how the white house set their agenda, alot of what they do makes little sense to me.

Did you see the boy's autopsy of where one bullet went through the eye socket and out the back of the head and another went in the top of the head, out the lower jaw and into the collar bone. That sure did stop this "cop killer". The other four bullets in the arm were just warning shots, right?

I think there are alot of good police men and a few bad ones as with everything. I think they're finding the track record of dirty cops seems to follow them and stay consistent. As mouse said, the facts will bare out the truth.

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Don't you just love the view of a liberal strong arm robbery is ok as long as a gun not used and as long as his thief is not a felony. The thing is patch the media will not report how much of a thug this kid really was and people like you just feed the hate. Instead of waiting on all the facts.

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Answer this patch even if the cop did not know this thug robbed a store do you think this kids mind set at the time he was confronted by the cop would be the same as if he was the angel you leftist and the media make him out to be, or do you think he was just walking down the street like nothing was going on. Tell the truth patch do you think it would have turn out different if he was coming from Bible study.

Newt

Post by Newt »

So we have come to the point that walking into a store and taking whatever we want, even if we out weigh the shop keeper by a hundred pounds its no big deal.
Then when business moves out, its then blamed on "prejudice toward minorities that caused the bad neighborhood. There is nothing for the poor folks to do, its no wonder they turn to crime." :( In another twenty years, there will be no place to flee the crime areas. Then all law abiding citizens will be in gated communities and the thugs can run free.
FORWARD!

Here is another story from Bozo World:
Illegals don't have to provide anything, including vaccination shot records. Ironic that schools require proof address for citizens to make sure they are in the district, yet someone here illegally doesn't have to provide anything. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Mayor: Adult Illegal Aliens With 'Graying' Hair Enrolled in Public Schools

(CNSNews.com) – The mayor of Lynn, Mass. says that some of the illegal aliens from Guatemala who are enrolled in her city’s public schools are adults with graying hair and “more wrinkles than I have.”

“They are not all children,” Judith Flanagan Kennedy told reporters at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

“One of the things that we did notice when we were processing some of these students coming in was that they were adults,” she said.

She added that the federal government will not allow school officials to verify their ages, even though one of the students turned out to be 35 years old.

(CNSNews.com) – The mayor of Lynn, Mass. says that some of the illegal aliens from Guatemala who are enrolled in her city’s public schools are adults with graying hair and “more wrinkles than I have.”

“They are not all children,” Judith Flanagan Kennedy told reporters at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

“One of the things that we did notice when we were processing some of these students coming in was that they were adults,” she said.

She added that the federal government will not allow school officials to verify their ages, even though one of the students turned out to be 35 years old.

Kennedy said that the majority of those from Guatemala who are enrolling in the Lynn Public Schools claim to be between 14 and 17 years of age.

“But there were people with graying temples, hair around the temples,” said Kennedy, adding that although she did not see these individuals in person, she saw photographs of them in registration paperwork. “There were people with more wrinkles than I have around their eyes.”

However, the school district was directed by the federal government not to verify the age of the foreign enrollees, Kennedy said.

“We were told through a directive from the Department of Justice (DOJ) that we were not to question or verify – attempt to verify these ages,” Kennedy stated at the press conference, hosted by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS).

Kennedy said that she and the school superintendent in Lynn wanted to know why the number of students from Guatemala “almost doubled” from 56 who enrolled during the 2012-13 school year to 101 during the 2013-14 school year.

When CNSNews.com asked whether she could be more specific about how they determined the ages of those enrolled, Kennedy replied that while school personnel cannot ask for age verification, they have confirmed that some of them are in fact adults.

“We have no ability to confront a student directly and demand an accurate age,” Kennedy said. “Every once in a while, we’ll be able to determine that someone is well above the age at which they would be entitled to an education in the Lynn Public Schools.

“For example, if a student does not show up for a few days of classes, we will send our truant officers out to find out what’s going on at that home,” Kennedy explained.

“One example: the woman who answered [the] door said, ‘He’s 35 years old -- he’s not going to show up at school....But we cannot, per DOJ guidelines, we cannot ask them for any more verification of age,” Kennedy said.

“It does become very frustrating,” she added.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Mouse, if you truly believe the facts will bare out the truth, why do you keep speculating and twisting things around.
What I think and what you think have no baring on what the truth is.

If you want a speculation of mine, I think the boy knew the shopkeeper had no weapon, I'd go as far as by watching the tape, he'd probably taken things before. The other thing I speculate, he knew the cop had a gun and would probably use it. I don't care how big and bad a kid thinks he is, when you go up against someone with a badge and a gun, then yes, things are different.
The issue is, was deadly force called for or needed by the cop.
We all know george bush and cheany had a couple dui's , what if the cop that pulled them over had felt threaten, should he have fired warning shots or shoot to kill?

I still think you had the best idea, lets let the facts bare out the truth,

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

What have I twisted patch, and was I not the first to say let the facts come out. Answer the question, do you think the thugs mind set was not to be arrested for stealing or would it been a different mind set if he was walking home from Bible study.

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Well I knew a liberal could not resist bring up Bush and Cheney instead of answering the question. So answer this patch did you know obabbler was a dope smoking coke head before you voted for him twice.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Lets speculate that when the policeman first saw the tugs walking in the middle of the road, he didn't know that there had been a robbery of the tobacco store. He just wanted them to get out of the street. The thugs, thinking that the police was aware of the robbery, tried to resist. After the scuffle, the police got a call with a description of the the hold-up thugs, so he yelled for them to freeze. Once they got close to him, one thought that he could rush the cop and over power him. The cop shot four times then paused, the thug kept coming so he unloaded his gun with apparently the last two shots being fatal.
I don't know those are the facts. That's why they investigate. Unfortunately folks like Obama, Holder, and George Soros would rather have mob justice than Constitutional justice. That is indisputable and not speculation.

Does that policeman have a reputation of shooting and asking questions later?
Did that Thug have a history of thuggery?