Who is considered in unemployment %

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

golden acres

Who is considered in unemployment %

Post by golden acres »

My two sister in laws are not looking for Jobs do to being stay home moms are they considered part of the % or not.
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

2500 HD

Re: Who is considered in unemployment %

Post by 2500 HD »

The unemployment % only include those people that are collecting unemployment payment. Once they use up their unemployment benefits they are no longer counted in the % rating that is being released!!! My aunt works for the Unemploment agency in Michigan and said the real number of unemployed people is way over double from what the government will release to the public. The general public are being snowballed on the job reports BIGTIME!!!!!!!!! I would say your sister in laws are not included in the numbers if they are not collecting from MARVIN!!!!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

2500 HD wrote:The unemployment % only include those people that are collecting unemployment payment. Once they use up their unemployment benefits they are no longer counted in the % rating that is being released!!! My aunt works for the Unemploment agency in Michigan and said the real number of unemployed people is way over double from what the government will release to the public. The general public are being snowballed on the job reports BIGTIME!!!!!!!!! I would say your sister in laws are not included in the numbers if they are not collecting from MARVIN!!!!
When my wife was at mi works . They told my wife the same thing.
TheJohnBirchSociety

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

It was just a question.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

It has always been this way too so even in the years when unemployment was low the actual percentage of unemployed people was higher than what gets reported. I don't know if there would ever be an accurate way to report the % of people not working that actually want to and/or are looking for work and just don't have a job yet.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

BunnyBlaster

If you decided to leave your job how long would it take you to get another job.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Bunnyblaster wrote:It has always been this way too so even in the years when unemployment was low the actual percentage of unemployed people was higher than what gets reported. I don't know if there would ever be an accurate way to report the % of people not working that actually want to and/or are looking for work and just don't have a job yet.
Not always. If I remember correctly it was changed during the Carter Administration.
Workforce participation rate is the key.
This will explain it: Not for PM, its above his comprehension level.
Take a Tums before you click the link.
http://danielamerman.com/articles/2012/WorkC.html

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

You are exactly right Newt. I have pointed this out many times in past posts.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:You are exactly right Newt. I have pointed this out many times in past posts.
I know but we have some new posters who may not have seen it, and some old posters who have short term memory loss. Some think Bush is still President.

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

golden acres wrote:It was just a question.
it is a good question. I tried to answer it the best I could.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Newt wrote:
Bunnyblaster wrote:It has always been this way too so even in the years when unemployment was low the actual percentage of unemployed people was higher than what gets reported. I don't know if there would ever be an accurate way to report the % of people not working that actually want to and/or are looking for work and just don't have a job yet.
Not always. If I remember correctly it was changed during the Carter Administration.
Workforce participation rate is the key.
This will explain it: Not for PM, its above his comprehension level.
Take a Tums before you click the link.
http://danielamerman.com/articles/2012/WorkC.html

Sorry, I'm not old enough to remember that so I guess I should have said for as long as I can remember. :lol: :lol: You old farts!!!! ;)

golden acres wrote:BunnyBlaster

If you decided to leave your job how long would it take you to get another job.
I would have a decent job for sure within a week maybe 2. By decent I mean I would probably have to take a 20-25% cut in my pay but I would at least be back to work. As far as for being close to where I'm at now that could be as quick as a couple weeks or up to a month or so. I am lucky enough to have people offering me a job if I was ever in need of one. In a couple of those cases it would be them making room for me just because they would like to have me there. I also still have ties with electrical contractors so I always have that to fall back on too if need be. Like I said, I am very lucky in this regard.

Why do you ask??
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

I ASKED THE QUESTION BECAUSE i NEW THE ANSWER. THEIR ARE JOBS OUT THEIR. A PERCENTAGE OF THE UNEMPLOYEMENT IS MADE UP OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WANT A JOB. NOT ALL SOME DO NOT HAVE THE SKILL SET OR NOT WILLING TO WORK IN A FIELD THEY DO NOT LIKE. GUYS LIKE YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO WORK NO MATTER WHAT THE JOB AND LOOK FOR THE RIGHT JOB WHILE WORKING.

Newt

Post by Newt »

Young people who have a want and have real parents that try to guide them won't have a long unemployment tenure. Unfortunately the work ethic is about dead in the country. Parents and teachers have been preparing kids for a world that no longer exists. I see too many young adults who think "going to college" is the key to success. The ones who are preparing themselves for the job market can go to work. The ones who are preparing for their parents to take care of them while they party will have to settle for government checks and free cell phones. They won't count toward the unemployment % because they aren't looking for a job.
I'm from a family of eight children with three years separating our age, for most of us. I have a pretty good grasp of what causes economic security by looking at the off spring of my siblings. The ones that married a responsible person and required discipline in the children, with a vision of improving their next generation, have had reasonable success. The ones that let their kids be the decision makers, as soon as they reached puberty, are now raising the grand kids and great grand kids. Its heartbreaking to see the results of poor parenting in my family.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Golden Acres, something else I would add is those guys that do whatever while in search of another job don't always realize it but they just add to their resume by doing that. I don't care if it's washing dishes at the local diner or running a press at a machine shop when I'm hiring those are the types of people I look for. The guy/gal that did whatever it took to help themselves when they needed to because they obviously tend to be the best employees and hardest workers. And the added experience they get may most times not be in a field of their choice but if gives them another edge for later on down the road if the poop hits the fan and they are again in need of some work..........any work.
Bunnyblaster