GOP

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rabbithoundjb

Re: GOP

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

It is the same principle just on a larger scale, if you have an expense to take care of , you have to cut somewhere else and the government has plenty of room for cuts.

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

Rabbithoundjb wrote:It is the same principle just on a larger scale, if you have an expense to take care of , you have to cut somewhere else and the government has plenty of room for cuts.
I AGREE

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

beaglechase wrote:DO YOU PRAISE HIM FOR OVER 4000THOUSAND THAT LOST THEIR LIVES, OR THE 30THOUSAND WHO LOST LIMB OR OTHER PARTS OF THEIR BODY, HOW MANY HAVE YOU TALKED TO WHO CAN'T POSSIBLY REGAIN THEIR LIVES, BECAUSE THEY ARE SO MESSED UP
BC, are you a veteran?

The reason I ask is because I am a veteran and I don't like it when people use other veterans willing sacrifices as pawns in an attempt to further their political agenda.

Those who have stepped forward and made these sacrifices should be honored and allowed to speak for themselves. Those who have made the ultimate sacrifice have already spoken with their actions. These willing protectors did not just go forth to protect President Bush. They did not go forth by only his request. The request for these brave men and women to go forward was made by congress, the president and the American people. After 9/11 this country asked our brave men and women of the military to go and fight terror wherever it was, so you can't lay their blood and sacrifice at someone elses feet and absolve yourself from it. It was everyone's freedom they were fighting for, which includes yours. No American can absolve themselves from the responsibility we have to the men and women of the Armed Forces. We all participated in getting this country to the point it was at on 9/11 and beyond. We don't get to chose which consequences we want after the fact.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

beaglechase

Post by beaglechase »

Tim H wrote:
beaglechase wrote:DO YOU PRAISE HIM FOR OVER 4000THOUSAND THAT LOST THEIR LIVES, OR THE 30THOUSAND WHO LOST LIMB OR OTHER PARTS OF THEIR BODY, HOW MANY HAVE YOU TALKED TO WHO CAN'T POSSIBLY REGAIN THEIR LIVES, BECAUSE THEY ARE SO MESSED UP
BC, are you a veteran?

The reason I ask is because I am a veteran and I don't like it when people use other veterans willing sacrifices as pawns in an attempt to further their political agenda.

Those who have stepped forward and made these sacrifices should be honored and allowed to speak for themselves. Those who have made the ultimate sacrifice have already spoken with their actions. These willing protectors did not just go forth to protect President Bush. They did not go forth by only his request. The request for these brave men and women to go forward was made by congress, the president and the American people. After 9/11 this country asked our brave men and women of the military to go and fight terror wherever it was, so you can't lay their blood and sacrifice at someone elses feet and absolve yourself from it. It was everyone's freedom they were fighting for, which includes yours. No American can absolve themselves from the responsibility we have to the men and women of the Armed Forces. We all participated in getting this country to the point it was at on 9/11 and beyond. We don't get to chose which consequences we want after the fact.
tIM H YES I AM A DISABLED VETERAN, I WAS DRAFTED FOR THE VIET NAM CAMPAIGN, POLITICIANS, THAT WANTED TO PROTECT AMERICAN INTERESTS IN VIET NAM. RUBBER TREES, OIL ETC. I SEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF USA WASTE MILLIONS, WHILE THE PEOPLE IN THE USA SUFFERED....FIFTY-EIGHT THOUSAND LOST THEIR LIVES FOR NOTHING, THOUSANDS INJURED 10'S OF THOUSAND COMMITED SUCIDE. BOO-KOO INCARCERATED..THE GENERAL HAD A PERFECT PLAN TO DEFEAT THE ENEMY, THE TROOPS WERE READY TO ACT, BUT THE POLITICIANS WOULDN'T AGREE.. LATER NAM FELL AND THE ORIENTAL AREA FELL LIKE DOMINOS. DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT GENERAL POWELL ASKED THE PRESIDENT AND HIS CABINET BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR?

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

beaglechase wrote:YES I AM A DISABLED VETERAN
Do you want others to use you and your disability for their political agenda and to make a political statement?

Those who have served and are serving in the war against terror are volunteers. They stood up and accepted the job of protecting this country, they don't need someone else to misrepresent what they stand for.

You are inconsistent in how you view things. Both Bush and Obama have had members of the Armed Services die under their command, yet you don't say the same things about Obama that you do about Bush. You use the deaths of those heroes as a pawn to tarnish whom you want to tarnish. If you're a disabled veteran you should be more considerate of your fellow veterans than to use them in such a way.

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

You are inconsistent in how you view things. Both Bush and Obama have had members of the Armed Services die under
their command, yet you don't say the same things about Obama that you do about Bush. You use the deaths of those heroes as a pawn to tarnish whom you want to tarnish. If you're a disabled veteran you should be more considerate of your fellow veterans than to use them in such a way.
---JUST A SMALL DIFFERENCE OBAMA DID NOT SEND THE TROOPS OVER THERE OR TAKE AWAY THEIR BENEFITS,,WHILE THEY WERE OVER THERE.I THINK ABOUT 30 % OF THE HOMELESS ARE VETERAN'S.THAT IS A SHAME.USMC....

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Pine Mt Beagles wrote:---JUST A SMALL DIFFERENCE OBAMA DID NOT SEND THE TROOPS OVER THERE
Obama sent them to Afghanistan and wants to have a surge there. Isn't it interesting that you selectively decide that if Bush is president the deaths are on his hands but Obama is exempt from accountability AGAIN! Are you also saying that if 9/11 happened when Obama was president that he would not have sent the troops? I guess he has the luxury of not having to make that decision.

Pine Mt Beagles

NO BUSH WAS DEFINATELY ---THE DECIDER ON 9-11---I REMEMBER HIM,SITTING IN THAT CLASS ROOM WITH HIS BOOK UP SIDE DOWN FOR WHAT, SEEMED LIKE FOREVER.SO YES THAT WAS DEFINATELY ON HIS WATCH.

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Rufus,

I thought Obama was pulling out of the mideast? That is what he campaigned on anyways. The new blood is on his hands. W is out and 0 is in.

Pine Mt Beagles

NOT YET ,YOU KNOW THAT DOG DON'T HUNT,HE NEVER SAID HE WAS PULLING OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST,THE FIRST DAY AFTER THE ELECTION ,HE SAID IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST A WEEK OR TWO. ANYWAY .I FIGURE WE GOT AT LEAST A COUPLE MORE YEARS .IF NOTHING CHANGES ..WONDER HOW CHANEY'' IS GOING TO COME OUT AFTER THEY INVESTIGATE, THESE SO CALLED DEATH SQUADS.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

At what point in time is it on Obama's watch? Will the libs ever make him take responsibility? Or will W always be the scapegoat. That dog is getting tired of hunting. :idea:

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Obama said at the beginning of the democratic primaries, he would immediately pull out of Iraq and bring the troops home and as the primaries continued, obamas plan for withdrawal changed until it was going to be 16 months and now its going to be as the Bush agreement with Iraq states, the end of 2011. The real lie is that the troops aren't coming home, there going to Afganistan. W.is no scape goat, he was not always right but he was a president. Obama is just Reid and Pelosi's front man, a puppet on a liberal string. Now we know why he picked all of Clintons former people and cant go to bathroom without forming a team to tell him how.