Obama, Guns & Paranoia

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dr. Chris

Obama, Guns & Paranoia

Post by Dr. Chris »

I don’t think Obama has any plans of taking hunter’s rights away or their guns. He was asked two key questions where he specifically addressed the respect that he has for the rights of hunters and the need to get the guns out of the hands of criminals and street thugs. Here are those two questions with his exact quotes:

Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions? A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president? A: I don't think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You've got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you've got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

If you take it for what it is, and what was said and stop adding to it with the paranoid driving force behind your extreme negative view of the future, you will see, things are not that bad and it’s going to get better. Stop adding "what he really means..." as if everybody is out to get you with some hidden behind the curtain agenda. He will be in there his full 8 years and we will all keep our gun rights and the right to hunt. Also, I don’t believe he will go to the “extreme” liberal road as some suggest. I’m glad were not going backward to regress to the middle ages either. I see Obama keeping a proper balance and surrounding himself with people and leaders of proper balance. He is using people from both the Democrat and Republican Parties. He is using conservative “liberals” and liberal “conservatives”. I think we will have proper balance and we will all be just fine. I also believe we will gain the respect back from the rest of the free world as the most powerful nation on earth, which we have lost! and have become a common joke to most people outside this country. Please, we can’t do any worse than we have in the past 8 years.

bluegrass

Re: Obama, Guns & Paranoia

Post by bluegrass »

Please, we can’t do any worse than we have in the past 8 years.

Wanna bet??

Also, I don’t believe he will go to the “extreme” liberal road as some suggest.

He doesnt know any other road but a liberal extreme one. You can "believe" all you want to, it doesnt make it a reality. Time will tell, but you are fighting a losing battle trying to convince us that a liberal Dumocrat isnt going to target guns...history tells us otherwise.

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

Let's just keep locking up all the thugs in the hood that want to kill each other and I'll keep my guns thank you very much :moon:
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Dr Chris I am glad to see you are backing the President Elect,he needs his Uphoric sheep to belive him to the point of running off a clif to get relected in 2012. He may do it but if the good Lord lets me live that long it won't be by my vote. The real damage won't be done for 4 years but you can belive or maybe being the sheepole you are you can't-- he WILL damage gun rights the first chance he gets,his record on voteing for anti-gun legislation is in the books. You will be sorry you helped elect this Liberal scum. Now the gun rights thing is not near as bad as the Killing of Babies that IS going to take place under him and this bunch of Democrat Liberal trash in the Senate and Congress,personaly I belive that anybody that voted for any of the pro Abortion crowd is guilty in the eyes of God and you may find that out the hard way. This election has made it clear that for the majority of Americans that their Morals are gone--they put their Money ahead of Killing Babies. Which Obama will raise taxes on most everybody he has to to pay for his programs and build the SS he wants to keep us in line with(Cival Defence). When were attacked Dec.7 1941 and went to war this nation stood behind the President. Now fatsforward and we're attacked 9/11/2001 and the American people have been Brainwashed into thinking that the war we fight is bad because the rest of the world thinks so. The Liberals have politisized the war and blamed the Economy on the Republicans and it was the Democruds that caused it hence Barny Frank. These Liberal scumbags want us to have a society like they have in Europe,very Liberal,just read of the changes that have taken place in Europe,Mention one hunting-its real expensive and almost impossible to hunt in Europe for the Middle Class people,gun control is the norm and Crime is at all time highs. You can't even protect yourself over there in most countries from gun welding thugs,if you shoot them you go to jail. Dr Chris you don't belive these things will take place,you belive the message of "Change we can belive in" and "Yes we can" which there is no message just words and the Liberals message has been for years we want your guns,its ok to Kill Babies,Animals have more rights than humans,we want to redistribute your money,Marriage is not just between a man and woman,we want to tell you how to raise your kids,you are homophobe if you belive being a queer is wrong,we want to weaken our Miltary and the list goes on and on and on. I still belive what the Bible says and I don't vote my paycheck,I still belive this war is just and so does the Miltary the cost of freedom and our safety is high it always has been and it always will be. The only Silver lineing is that the American people is going to see just how Liberals are and I belive will be outraged with them,the sad thing is the Liberals will do their damage and it will take years to undo,I still have faith in the American people that this abomanation that has took place will be made right -if not by us it will be made right by GOD.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Remember that scene from Ghostbusters?

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, “biblical”?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes…
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!

Maybe it’s bravado, but strangely enough just like Venkman, I seem to be relatively ok with the fact that we’re all going to die. No, really. Because if this crisis is truly meant to be the beginning of we’re-all-royally-screwed-end-times judgment on America for its many sins, then I can’t think of a better way to ensure our complete and total destruction than to elect a Christ denying (yet Christ imitating) dillweed who thinks he can neutralize the threat of a nuke building Iran and a nuke ready Russia with his charm. Really, what better way to tell God just how ridiculously irredeemable we’ve become than to elect a guy who claims to be a Christian and yet thinks a good Muslim could still make it to the pearly gates as long as he keeps the bombing of civilians to a minimum? Hey, we’re all good people here, really(!), even if we do think having a baby is tantamount to a punishment, and if we don’t seem to be too bothered at the thought of leaving those that survived failed abortions out to die. Not that Big-O would ever intentionally do such a thing, he just doesn’t think they merit protection of course, at least not until the kind of offensive language that dares to remotely suggest a fetus is a living thing is completely stripped from such a bill of protection. Because you know, God forbid we should toss those whacky pro-life freaks a bone that even NARAL wouldn’t have had a problem with. We do need to be principled here, after all.

No, I just don’t see why God would want to rain fire and brimstone on us darling cherubs of light… except for possibly giving our rich folks far too many tax breaks.

When I think about it, it’s not even Obama that I can’t stand so much. I don’t even hate on the heathens for supporting him either, since such a godless sort devoid of any sense of morality will obviously go for the Barry-O show. I can respect that.

No, it’s the self professing Christians who hang on every word he speaks, and who teach their children to sing musical praises of Hopey-O-Change that make me want to stomp their faces in with something rusty and spiky.

It’s no secret that I intensely dislike what passes for American Christianity today, whether we’re dealing with dimwits sipping Starbucks while they fawn over girlie boy Rick Warren’s latest perfume scented books, or Calvinist snotheads who think knowing two words in Greek makes them the most brilliant scholars in recorded history, or charismatics who scream and flail their arms in revival meetings because they think they’re “on fire” and they’re about ready to projectile vomit out a stomach’s worth of 24 karat gold.

Yet nothing makes me want to go out and start bouncing people’s heads off the cement more than those ever devout Christians drooling puppy love over that Obamanation of nature otherwise known as Barack Hussein Obama. I am absolutely convinced that this very same flock of fluffy sheep will also someday jump at the chance to stand in line for an opportunity to lick the hairy hindquarters of the Antichrist, thinking it will taste just like rainbows.

These to me represent the most darkened, clueless minds in all of creation, and because of their depraved stupidity I may end up witnessing the one thing I never wanted to see in my lifetime: the death of my country. Thank you so, SO much for that, my brothers and sisters in the Lord.

I don’t get it. I really don’t. You hate Bush? Fine. You think he’s a war mongering, oil happy, half brained cowboy who caters to the rich? Fine. I can understand that. I even dig the pacifism thing.

Explain the abortion thing to me then. Explain to me how the violence involved in ripping fetuses to shreds doesn’t somehow repulse your pacifist side the way “Bush’s war” does. Because when I see people looking to extend human rights to red assed baboons or wail whenever a dolphin is caught in a net, but scream at the top of their lungs for the right to twirl up a fetus into itty bitty bits that would have otherwise become a full fledged human being, then I see only the kind of deranged, twisted up minds that no medicine on earth could ever possibly cure.

And yet somehow, you’re all ok with it. You can relate to a guy who can’t even get the basic tenets of Christianity right, (though I admit, it would have been more palatable to me if you merely agreed with him on some points and decided only to vote for him while holding your nose at the polls.) But no, your attitude is one of complete adoration for a morally compromised Chicago politician as if he had come from the very throne of heaven itself. It exhibits the same kind of mentality that the Antichrist will no doubt someday feed on: unabashed adoration and unquestionable loyalty, despite the transparent seedy and evil character of your so called hero.

It almost makes me want to see the Obamanation become President, if for no other reason than to see the collective look of your ashen faces when you realize with horror that “the one” turned out to be the second coming of JC after all: JC as in Jimmy Carter that is. Mr. Malaise has finally come back to finish the job.

lab

Post by lab »

tommy G I am glad to see you are such a Christian and I envy that but these last 8 years have been the worst since the depression. People out there are running scared with the lost of there jobs and the lost of there homes. Many people out there do not even get 3 meals aday or have a roof over there head. Many of there children are going hungry and hygiene is very poor. No one out there is helping these people out who has lost all of this because of the last 8 years. I do know that the first 6 years the Republicans had control of the Bush era and why did they not make abortion illegal when they had the chance to do it. How many years does it take to put something into law. Listening to you guys it sounds like it will take Obama no time to take away our guns and dogs. I think anyone can get on this site and preach about what is wrong with our society but the fact is Obama got elected because people wants to see the economy get back where it needs to be. Jobs being the key thing. Everytime I turn the news on another company is either closing doors or laying off. where do you think these people are going to find work or pay there bills. I see our 3 big Automobile companies are in bad need. I do know if those companies General Motor, Chrysler and Ford ever closes there doors we will see a depression in this country that we have never experienced. Over half the jobs in the United States deals in making parts for those companies. Many of the rural areas will dry up because most of the small factories in small town deals in making parts for automobiles. I saw on the news today the company that makes the forclosing signs is a booming business at this time. That is sad to know that many people have lost there jobs and cannot pay there bills that they must move elsewhere and many are homeless and no one cares about these people. If we are such good Christians we should take these familes in or give them money so they do not have to go hungry or be cold because they have no where to live. I am also against Abortion but I am also against people always saying you should vote for the President that is against Abortion. We have abortions being done everyday and I believe it will continue to happen no matter what Party is elected. I guess when Judgement Day gets here We are all going to have to reason why we voted the way we did but as I said I am sure many of us will also have to be judge why we left many out in the cold when they had nothing or had everything taken away from them.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

lab wrote:tommy G I am glad to see you are such a Christian and I envy that but these last 8 years have been the worst since the depression. People out there are running scared with the lost of there jobs and the lost of there homes. Many people out there do not even get 3 meals aday or have a roof over there head. Many of there children are going hungry and hygiene is very poor. No one out there is helping these people out who has lost all of this because of the last 8 years. I do know that the first 6 years the Republicans had control of the Bush era and why did they not make abortion illegal when they had the chance to do it. How many years does it take to put something into law. Listening to you guys it sounds like it will take Obama no time to take away our guns and dogs. I think anyone can get on this site and preach about what is wrong with our society but the fact is Obama got elected because people wants to see the economy get back where it needs to be. Jobs being the key thing. Everytime I turn the news on another company is either closing doors or laying off. where do you think these people are going to find work or pay there bills. I see our 3 big Automobile companies are in bad need. I do know if those companies General Motor, Chrysler and Ford ever closes there doors we will see a depression in this country that we have never experienced. Over half the jobs in the United States deals in making parts for those companies. Many of the rural areas will dry up because most of the small factories in small town deals in making parts for automobiles. I saw on the news today the company that makes the forclosing signs is a booming business at this time. That is sad to know that many people have lost there jobs and cannot pay there bills that they must move elsewhere and many are homeless and no one cares about these people. If we are such good Christians we should take these familes in or give them money so they do not have to go hungry or be cold because they have no where to live. I am also against Abortion but I am also against people always saying you should vote for the President that is against Abortion. We have abortions being done everyday and I believe it will continue to happen no matter what Party is elected. I guess when Judgement Day gets here We are all going to have to reason why we voted the way we did but as I said I am sure many of us will also have to be judge why we left many out in the cold when they had nothing or had everything taken away from them.
Yea good Christans vote for Baby killers. Let me let you in on a secret Abortions will continue to happen as long as people think like you. You know all these people you are talking about are born and have a chance the Babies they kill never get a chance. Dangerous thinking Lab. The Democruds caused this mess but the Liberal Media has done their job-blame it on Bush. Let me let you in on another secret Lab its in the corts where Abortion will be outlawed not the Senate or Congress or by the President,remember the ACLU. I can't belive you even know the system and now we have almost a super Majority there will be 3 new LIBERAL judges appointed by the Democruds and Abortion will never be overturned and our rights will be in danger. most think Obama will never take our guns--he said he didn't like abortion :bozo: well watch what happens. Hope I'm wrong but I figure I'm right his record is in Black and White on the issues. He is a Liberal the worst and he will push the Liberal agenda like global warming (this global warming just dumped 6 ins of snow on my yard)I still can't belive a person who says their saved would vote for this evil person.

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

tommyg wrote: Yea good Christans vote for Baby killers. Let me let you in on a secret Abortions will continue to happen as long as people think like you. ------- I still can't belive a person who says their saved would vote for this evil person.
Somebody tries to give an opinion and you have to be as negative, rude and judgmental as you can be, that’s the “Christian way?” No, you are wrong! The reason abortion will never be over turned is because of fake, hypocritical “so-called saved” Christians are willing to stand up and speak out about something, and vote for a person that feeds them a line of garbage, but are unwilling to live it or teach it, to their children. Let me let you in on a little secret, all of these who are in charge today and all those that will be put in charge tomorrow {Republican & Democrat} came from some where, they came from homes and went to churches {or lack of church} with parents that taught them “the ways they should go”, whether those ways are good or bad, somebody somewhere raised them as children and put them on the path they are on now. The standards, morals, scruples or Biblical convictions “abortion” do not, will not and should not come from our government. Those things come from our churches, teachers and most of all, parents. The lack of these things? Blame your local pastor, teacher and most of all, parents. Economy, jobs, food, housing, medical, military…. Look to and blame the government. And I would suggest that you stop worrying what the Democrats “will” do with total control, I suggest you look at what the Republicans “didn’t” do, when they had it. That should ease the worry, because nobody could screw up America as much as the Republicans have in the last “several” years.

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

And I would suggest that you stop worrying what the Democrats “will” do with total control, I suggest you look at what the Republicans “didn’t” do, when they had it

Thats it...dont look at the future, which CAN be changed, look to the past which CANNOT be changed. Keep supporting your infanticide president Dr Chris...you look stupid.

BTW, the appointment of Eric Holder as AG...the beginning of the end for gun owners. Anyone remember Ruby Ridge, Waco and the whole Elian Gonzalez fiasco's???

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Dr. Chris wrote:
tommyg wrote: Yea good Christans vote for Baby killers. Let me let you in on a secret Abortions will continue to happen as long as people think like you. ------- I still can't belive a person who says their saved would vote for this evil person.
Somebody tries to give an opinion and you have to be as negative, rude and judgmental as you can be, that’s the “Christian way?” No, you are wrong! The reason abortion will never be over turned is because of fake, hypocritical “so-called saved” Christians are willing to stand up and speak out about something, and vote for a person that feeds them a line of garbage, but are unwilling to live it or teach it, to their children. Let me let you in on a little secret, all of these who are in charge today and all those that will be put in charge tomorrow {Republican & Democrat} came from some where, they came from homes and went to churches {or lack of church} with parents that taught them “the ways they should go”, whether those ways are good or bad, somebody somewhere raised them as children and put them on the path they are on now. The standards, morals, scruples or Biblical convictions “abortion” do not, will not and should not come from our government. Those things come from our churches, teachers and most of all, parents. The lack of these things? Blame your local pastor, teacher and most of all, parents. Economy, jobs, food, housing, medical, military…. Look to and blame the government. And I would suggest that you stop worrying what the Democrats “will” do with total control, I suggest you look at what the Republicans “didn’t” do, when they had it. That should ease the worry, because nobody could screw up America as much as the Republicans have in the last “several” years.

Dr Chris you afraid some one will spill your Kool Aid. As long as God haters like you are around we need Government to make murder illeagel.

lab

Post by lab »

I can see Dr. Chris you could argue with these people forever about Obama taking office. His name could be Jesus Christ and if he was a democrat and was president they would tear him up. I can see by your writings you are a educated man with alot of knowledge about Politics. You have to remember most of these people who are online disagreeing with you come from Republican states so they are going to be against any Democrat that is in office. The truth is most of them are afraid that Obama will succeed and get us out of this mess that Bush put us in .They are afraid it will be a long time before they see another Republican in office. Just as it was back in the depression years with Roosevelt coming to the Rescue. With the guy who calls himself a Christian and comes on here bashing everyone calling them baby killers. I hate to say it but you must come from a far out religion. MOst people I have known like that has had nervous breakdowns in life or could not adapt in the everday living . You have judged everyone that has been for Obama and if you are such a Christian man you should know that only "God" will judge us on judgement day and no man should judge another man. Two things I don't like talking about is Religion and Politics so this will be my last Post about this topic. Let us all enjoy this years hunting.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

lab wrote:I can see Dr. Chris you could argue with these people forever about Obama taking office. His name could be Jesus Christ and if he was a democrat and was president they would tear him up. I can see by your writings you are a educated man with alot of knowledge about Politics. You have to remember most of these people who are online disagreeing with you come from Republican states so they are going to be against any Democrat that is in office. The truth is most of them are afraid that Obama will succeed and get us out of this mess that Bush put us in .They are afraid it will be a long time before they see another Republican in office. Just as it was back in the depression years with Roosevelt coming to the Rescue. With the guy who calls himself a Christian and comes on here bashing everyone calling them baby killers. I hate to say it but you must come from a far out religion. MOst people I have known like that has had nervous breakdowns in life or could not adapt in the everday living . You have judged everyone that has been for Obama and if you are such a Christian man you should know that only "God" will judge us on judgement day and no man should judge another man. Two things I don't like talking about is Religion and Politics so this will be my last Post about this topic. Let us all enjoy this years hunting.
Yes God will Judge us but you have to make JUDGEMENTS EVERY DAY,God said you would know them by their fruit,I won't if I don't make a judgement about them. So you don't think Obamas pro choise voteing record speakes for its self? I belive that Dr Chris and you among others think Obama is Jesus Christ or the chosen one. I will vote against anyone prochoise.Sounds like you are against any Republican in office Lab,a little Hypocrital. NOBAMA!!!!!

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Totalitarianism - The Witnesses Speak Most Americans have had little or no teaching about totalitarianism, or about its conjoined twins, Communism and Nazism. Our schools do not teach about it, and our media, by and large, ignore it.When they do address it, it is to tell us that it does not exist. Now, some of its victims and witnesses are speaking out. They are trying to warn the American people that what has happened in their former countries is rapidly approaching us, also.One such witness, Hilmar von Campe, a former German Hitler Youth member, sounds the alarm. An article by WorldNetDaily dated November 13, 2008, quotes von Campe:“Every day brings this nation closer to a Nazi-style totalitarian abyss,” writes Hilmar von Campe, now a U.S. citizen, and author of ‘Defeating the Totalitarian Lie: A Former Hitler Youth Warms America’".….”I lived the Nazi nightmare, and, as the saying goes, ‘A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument,’” writes von Campe. “Everything I write is based on my personal experience in Nazi Germany. There is nothing theoretical about my description of what happens when a nation throws God out of government and society, and Christians become religious bystanders.”…..”It took me a long time to understand and define the nature of National Socialism”, says von Campe. “And, unfortunately, their philosophy continues to flourish under different labels remaining a menace to America and free human society.”…..”Democratic procedures can be subverted and dishonest politicians are like sand in the gearbox, abundant, everywhere and destructive,” he writes. “What I see in America today is people painting their cabins while the ship goes down. Today in America we are witnessing a repeat performance of the tragedy of 1933 when an entire nation let itself be led like a lamb to the Socialist slaughterhouse. This time, the end of freedom is inevitable unless America rises to her mission and destiny.”But, aren’t people in our government watching out for us? Where are the guards?Some are bound by the sinews of political correctness. Many are drugged, frozen by poison. Arsenic? Sarin? Cyanide? No, TV, which has immobilized them. Many are counting their bribes.Why don’t we hear more about this? Does the serpent announce himself before his fangs pierce the soft flesh of his victim? His poison stills its resistance, precluding any chance of survival.Stealth is employed by the totalitarians. They are chameleons, covertly hiding among us.A similar witness to totalitarianism comes from Gemma Meyer, in an article titled “The Coming Darkness. A Warming for Americans: A Message from South Africa.”She writes that America’s structures have given us the right to try to sway our government by writing letters, manning stands at country fairs, hosting fund-raising dinners, attending rallies, setting up conferences and writing to our Congress people. However, she warns:“But, woe to you if - or more likely, when - the rules change. White Americans may soon find themselves unable or unwilling to stand up to challenge the new political methods that will be the inevitable result of the ethnic metamorphosis now taking place in America. Unable to cope with the new rules of the game - violence, mob riots, intimidation through accusation of racism, demands of proportionality cased on racial numbers, and all the other social and political weapons used by the have-nots to bludgeon treasure and power from the haves - Americans, like others before them, will no doubt cave in. They will compromise away their independence and ultimately their way of life.“That is exactly what happened to South Africa. I know because I was there and saw it happen.”“Faced with revolution in the streets, strikes, civil unrest and the sheer terror and murder practiced by Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress (ANC), the white government simply capitulated in order to achieve ‘peace’”.“Westerners need peace. They need order and stability. They are builders and planners. But what we got was the peace of the grave for our society.”….“Those in the West who forced South Africa to surrender to the ANC and its leaders did not consider Africa to be the dangerous, corrupt, and savage place that is now in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Those Western politicians now have a similar problem looming on their own doorsteps: the demand for power and treasure from the non-western peoples inside the realm.“It is already too late for South Africa, but not for America if enough people strengthen their spine and take on the race terrorists, the armies of ‘politically correct’ and, most dangerous of all, the craven politicians who believe ‘compassionate conservatism’ will buy them more votes, a few more days of peace.”…..”We lost our country through skillful propaganda, pressure from abroad (not least from the USA), unrelenting charges of ‘oppression’ and ‘racism’ and the shrewd assessment by African tyrants that the white man has many Achilles heels, the most significant of which are his compassion, his belief in the ‘equality of man’ and his ‘love thy neighbor’ philosophy - none of which are part of the Third World’s history.“The mainline churches played a big role in the demise of Western influence throughout Africa, too; especially in South Africa. Today’s tyrants were yesterday’s mission school protégés. Many dictators in Africa were men of the cloth. They knew their clerical collars would deflect criticism and obfuscate their real aims, which had nothing whatever to do with ‘brotherhood of man’”.(A priest friend, who had spent several years teaching in South Africa, could hardly wait for the new government to take over. When asked, several months after the takeover, how it was going, his disappointment was acute. He replied, “New government, same problems”. He was soon faced with a robbery inside the Catholic compound where he taught. He was held up at gunpoint and feels lucky to have escaped with his life. He had reason to fear his murder, as some had been committed against clergymen.)“Other tyrants, like the infamous Idi Amin, were trained and schooled by the whites themselves at Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard. After receiving the best from the West, they unleashed a resentful bloodlust against their benefactors.”Gemma Meyer says she fears that Americans will capitulate. They don’t want to quarrel or obstruct claims of those who believe they were wronged. They like peace and quiet and they want to compromise and be nice. Indeed, that is the main thrust of societal teaching in our schools today, even to the point of not disagreeing with the crowd. Think this isn’t so? A case in point is the massive hordes of Hispanics that took to the streets, demanding “rights” for illegal aliens. Not many pointed out that, being illegal and not citizens, they were not entitled to any of the common rights citizens enjoy.And, Meyer asks what will happen when the new majority repudiates the rulings of judges, claiming they are racists? “In America, the courts are still the final arbiter of society’s laws. But what will happen when your future majority refuses to abide by court rulings - as in Zimbabwe. What will happen when the new majority says the judges are racists, and that they refuse to acknowledge ‘white man’s justice’? What will happen when the courts are filled with their people, or their sympathizers? In California Proposition 187 has already been overturned.”What will you do when they change the names of streets and cities. These may not sound like important issues, but it is part of our heritage. Meyer says we should not laugh about this. When the “majority” took over in South Africa, the first targets were national symbols. So, while we may not deem these symbols to be important, it was to those who took charge there.Gemma Meyer notes that: “When Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe murders his political opponents, ignores unfavorable court decisions, terrorizes the population, siphons off millions from the state treasury for himself and his friends, South Africa’s new President Thabo Mbeki holds his hand and declares his support…..” Does this sound like something our own two parties would do? Does “Kelo” come to mind? The Supreme Court, by a slim majority, told We the People that we do not have property rights any longer if a government wants that property to give to a developer to make a profit. Also, does the word “bailout” ring a bell? The witness Gemma Meyer gives good advice:“Unfortunately, your habits and values work against you. You cannot fight terror and street mobs with letters to your Congressmen. You cannot fight accusations of racism with prayer meetings. You cannot appeal to the goodness of your fellow man when the fellow man despises you for your weaknesses and hacks off the arms and legs of his political opponents.”……..“Millions around the world want your good life. But make no mistake: They care not for the high-minded ideals of Jefferson and Washington and your Constitution. What they want are your possessions, your power, your status.“And they already know that their allies among you, the ‘human rights activists’, the skillful lawyers and the left wing politicians will fight for them and not for you. They will exploit your compassion and your Christian charity, and your good will."“They have studied you, Mr. and Mrs. America, and they know your weaknesses well“. “They know what to do.” “Do you”? Hilmar von Campe and Gemma Meyer have sounded the alarm. They have given the best witness they could give. Will we heed their bitter experience? Will we use it to fight the totalitarianism that looms before us?

beagler80

Post by beagler80 »

I couldn't agree with your posts more Tom..........I just don't have the time or will power to get on here and type that much.
Preach on buddy :nod:
Diamond P Kennel

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I understand your frustration Tom but you will never convince Chris of the errors of his liberal way of thinking. Remember, everyone voted for Obama on the platform of change.... we can see that he is putting in the same thugs Clinton had in office. This guy is a pawn just like I posted a few weeks ago. It is all coming together.