Obama's Past??? Dr. Chris help???

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tinymwoods

Obama's Past??? Dr. Chris help???

Post by tinymwoods »

Just a question:
We know about McCain as a student, soldier, POW, his ex wife, his current wife, and his time in office. We know about Sarah Palin and her beauty pagents, school, odd family, special child, mayor, governor and pregnant child. We know about Biden's family tragedy, work ethic, the people who love him, and his new wife.
When are we going to know about Obama? I know some on here (Dr. Chris :D ) seem to know alot about him, but I would like to know a little more. Here are the questions I have and would love to have someone answer? I know more about his wife then him (thanks to Obama channel on dishnetwork ;) )
1. How often does he see his father's side of the family?
2. What is his school history?
3. What did his mom do for a living when he was born/growing up?
4. What did his grandparents that help raise him do?
5. How many siblings does he have, where and who are they?
6. How did he afford Harvard?
7. How did he afford a 2 million dollar house?
8. Does number 3,4,5,6,7 add up?
9. How much does he pay for health insurance that he is going to offer everyone?
10. When did he announce he was running for president?
11. How much of his campain contributions are from unspecified donors (this is allowed under law)?
12. In 20 words or less, why are voting for him (only positive for him)?

I am sure alot of these are simple answers, I am just curious.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

tinymwoods

Re: Obama's Past??? Dr. Chris help???

Post by tinymwoods »

not picking on you Dr. Chris. You just seem to know alot about Senator Obama.

TC

Post by TC »

tinymwoods wrote:Just a question:
We know about McCain as a student, soldier, POW, his ex wife, his current wife, and his time in office. We know about Sarah Palin and her beauty pagents, school, odd family, special child, mayor, governor and pregnant child. We know about Biden's family tragedy, work ethic, the people who love him, and his new wife.
When are we going to know about Obama? I know some on here (Dr. Chris :D ) seem to know alot about him, but I would like to know a little more. Here are the questions I have and would love to have someone answer? I know more about his wife then him (thanks to Obama channel on dishnetwork ;) )
9. How much does he pay for health insurance that he is going to offer everyone?
11. How much of his campain contributions are from unspecified donors (this is allowed under law)?

There is some very important points to ponder when filling out your ballot!
#1 this man is applying for the most important job in the nation, would any of you hire someone for a job that will not provide you evidence of legal residency? NO it is ILLEGAL, so what makes Obama above the law?

#2 Where is his money coming from? In the banking industry if you can not prove where your money comes from with a paper trail right down to the penny you are not given the loan it is called money laundering if you cannot provide evidence of legal gain. What makes Obama exempt from this?

#3 Most employees applying for a job requiring degrees have to provide to their prospective employer their legal transcripts not copies, but legal transcripts. Come on this is a job interview are you going to hire someone that won't provide you evidence that he really went to those schools?

#4 This one should spark you some and should scare the hell out of you! What if he did get elected, no one knows how deep his ties to the middle east are, what if he dismantels the military to a point of no return, what if something happens to him while in office, what are we going to do when his associates in the middle east rebel on American Soil? Are we as citizens strong enough to stop this? Being in the position he is applying for he can give out every detail of security to those factions that he is in cahoots to, we are so dead in the water we won't even have a paddle to row our butts to shore. Think about this and ponder it ask your self, what are those ties, what can happen if he exposes our security systems, what will happen if the military is reduced to nothing, who is going to protect us? (France) ok now there is a good allie...
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

TC

Post by TC »

Some more information on Obama's associations
http://www.newblackpanther.com/10pointplatform.html and look in the right hand corner who's ugly head pops up??? well well is it not the fella that the LA times is protecting Obama from???
http://www.newblackpanther.com/drkhallid.html
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

tinymwoods wrote:Just a question:

To be honest, I don't know why the Obama camp has not done a better job at putting a lot of this info out there. I do know it's not to hard to find. I think because of all the false accusations and crazy "easy to prove wrong" things that have went around about Obama, they felt they didn't have nothing to hide and nothing to prove {or defend} so if you missed it the first time around, you just simply missed out. They should have done a better job getting his life story out there, it would have put a stop to the rumor mill early on. I just don't think anybody would actually believe a lot of this garbage, but they have. I never intended to "argue" with anybody. I just stated my opinion and other's disagreed and things just got carried away. I never said Obama was perfect, I know he has faults. I also know McCain has good and bad points about him. I believe right now, at this time, between McCain and Obama, Obama needs to be president for things to get better. I never claimed to know "all" of anything, but I will state what I know.

1. How often does he see his father's side of the family & 5. How many siblings does he have, where and who are they? Barack Obama's relatives are scattered all around the world. Obama, is the son of Barack Obama, Sr., a senior economist in the Kenyan government who died in a car accident in 1982. His father grew up in the village of Nyangoma Kogalo, which is in Western Kenya. He herded goats before winning a scholarship to study in the US. He is now buried in that same village. Obama's grandmother, uncle and cousins still live in and around Nyangoma Kogalo. His half-sister Maya Soetoro-Ng., after Obama's mother divorced Barack Obama Sr., she married Lolo Soetoro and had Maya in Indonesia. They moved back to Honolulu where Obama was born. Today, Maya is a teacher and professor in Honolulu. She and her husband, Konrad Ng, have a 2-year-old daughter, Suhaila. In mid-1988, he traveled for the first time to Europe for three weeks and then for five weeks in Kenya, where he met many of his Kenyan relatives for the first time. He has only met his brother twice, once when his brother was five and the last time in 2006 when Obama was on a tour of East Africa and visited Nairobi. He met his father one time when he was 10 years old and spent one month with him. He is not close with his family on his Father’s side, that’s very common when there is a divorce and there is distance between the family here in the United States, I could only imagine the lack of closness if a person’s family were scattered across different countries. Especially if you didn’t meet most members of one whole side of the family until after you were an adult. He can’t be critisized for this, he was a kid dragged across the world by his parents. When he got old enough to choose, he made the choice to live, be educated, work, live, have a family and dedicate himself to and in America.

2. What is his school history & 6. How did he afford Harvard? Obama attended 2 years of Catholic school and two years at a public school in Indonesia. He then returned to Honolulu to live with his grandparents while attending Punahou School from 1971 until his graduation from high school in 1979. Following high school, Obama received a scholarship and moved to Los Angeles, where he studied at Occidental College for two years. With a 4.0 grade point avg. he applied and received another scholarship to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialization in international relations. Obama graduated with a B.A. from Columbia in 1983 with again, a perfect 4.0 grade point avg. Then at the start of the following year worked for a year at the Business International Corporation and then at the New York Public Interest Research Group. After four years in New York City, Obama moved to Chicago, where he was hired as director of Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization, and worked there for three years from June 1985 to May 1988. During his three years as the DCP's director, its staff grew from one to thirteen and its annual budget grew from $70,000 to $400,000, with accomplishments including helping set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens. Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute. After years of saving money and with Government Pell Grants and scholarships, Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988. At the end of his first year, he was selected, based on his grades and a writing competition, as an editor of the Harvard Law Review. In February 1990, in his second year, he was elected president of the Law Review, a full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising the Law Review's staff of eighty editors. Obama's election as the first black president of the Law Review was widely reported and followed by several long, detailed profiles. During his summers, he returned to Chicago where he worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley & Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990. After graduating with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude {highest possible} from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago. Later, Obama took his oath into the senate with his hand on his family Bible with get this, his 8th cousin Dick Cheney giving the oath. Obama's other relatives, by the way, Harry S. Truman was Obama's fourth cousin, and Brad Pitt and Obama are ninth cousins.

3. What did his mom do for a living when he was born/growing up? On August 4, 1961, at age 18, she gave birth to her first child in Honolulu, named Barack Obama II. Dunham left school to care for the baby. She worked part time while Obama Sr. worked part time and completed his degree. He graduated from the University of Hawaii in June 1962 with a 4.0 and had a recorded IQ of 180. He left shortly after to Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he would begin graduate study at Harvard University in the fall. Later that summer, Dunham and the year old baby Barack joined Obama Sr. in Cambridge. However, mother and son soon returned to Seattle, where she enrolled in the University of Washington. Dunham, missing her family, then moved back to Hawaii with her parents and filed for divorce in Honolulu in January 1964. Obama Sr. did not contest, and the divorce was granted. Obama Sr. received a Masters degree (AM) in economics from Harvard in 1965. While living with her parents, working part time and going to school, a few years later, Dunham met an Indonesian student, Lolo Soetoro at the University of Hawaii campus. They married in 1967 and moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, where he worked as a government relations consultant with Mobil Corporation, the U.S.-based international petroleum company. Soetoro and Dunham had a daughter, Maya Kassandra Soetoro, on August 15, 1970. When the Obama asked to return to Hawaii to live with his gradparents for school rather than stay in Asia with her, she agreed, Obama’s grandmother Madelyn Dunham's job as a vice-president at The Bank of Hawaii helped pay the steep tuition at Punahou School, with some assistance from a scholarship.

4. What did his grandparents that help raise him do? After the Pearl Harbor attack her father joined the Army and her mother worked at a Boeing plant in Wichita. At the end of World War II they moved to California, Texas, and Seattle, Washington, and then to Hawwaii where her father was a furniture salesman and her mother worked for a bank.

7. How did he afford a 2 million dollar house? He works. He has a great job and his wife also has a great job as an attorney. It also helps that her family has a little cash, not as much as Cindy McCain’s family, but enough.

8. Does number 3,4,5,6,7 add up? To me, after knowing all the facts, yes.

9. How much does he pay for health insurance that he is going to offer everyone? $1,420 (self) $3,400 (family) - yearly, but there will be different plans to choose from with different prices.

10. When did he announce he was running for president? Obama announced his candidacy for the presidency of the United States in Springfield, Illinois, on February 10, 2007.

11. How much of his campain contributions are from unspecified donors (this is allowed under law)? I don’t have a clue, I do know officials from Barack Obama’s campaign began personally soliciting labor unions and others for contributions of up to $1 million. In exchange, donors could get stadium skyboxes for Obama’s acceptance speech and other perks. Campaign officials last summer reluctantly decided they had to take a hand in raising large donations from individuals, unions and corporations. Some of the donors get special bundles of perks, including use of the party suites at Denver’s Invesco Field, as well as special policy briefings by Obama advisors, choice hotel rooms and party invitations.What caused this was evidence that the Denver Host Committee was having trouble raising the estimated $60 million in cash and in contributions needed to fund the convention, which ran last Aug. I don’t see a problem with that, as long as it’s not illegal, I would take every penny I could from any corp. or individual that was willing to support.

12. In 20 words or less, why are voting for him (only positive for him)? Health Care Plan, Tax Plan, Education Plan, Plan to get out of Iraq {the US’s biggest mistake in years} and finally go after Osama and put an end to him. He is willing to take criticism and seek advice from others on matters that he needs help in, and can reach to both parties and other world leaders and be respected in return, he does not have that “I know it all, my way or the highway attitude” that will cause war, death and division, he promotes unity but still has authority and respect. His main purpose and motive of wanting to be President, to actually make a change for the better in our country, not to polish off the end of a career with being president.

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

I would like to thank you for the information. I also appreciate that you left out opinion for the most part when I asked for facts. It shows me you are objective. Most of this information, especially about his family, I did not know. His school record and the scholorships he has received have not been passed on to the common voter either. I still do not understand how he bought a $2 million house that close to graduation. Everyone I know that goes to college has loans to pay back first. I guess from the information I was given that his mom did not support Barack when he was small through working. I think Obama has made a tremendous journey through life and must be a hard worker with some smarts about him. The answer to question # 11 scares me a little. Sounds like he may have alot of backs to scratch when he gets in office that may not be in our best interests. Alot of "perks". I have already voted today for McCain, but if Obama wins, I think it is nice for all of us to understand the man that will be leading our nation.

Thanks for the response.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Is it true
That he wants to shut down the coal mines in the usa.
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy