Obama or McCain?

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Obama or McCain

Obama
32%
McCain
68%

Total votes: 74

Dr. Chris

Re: Obama or McCain?

Post by Dr. Chris »

Bev wrote:Dr. Chris, I'm glad you enjoyed ol' Oz-Fest, lol.
More like “Oz Roast” He is a smooth old dog. We totally underestimated him. Did you know that dog has his own chair that he sleeps in most of the time in the house? Most dogs I have seen that lived in a house don’t have the hunt he does. Jim went to drive away that day and had 3 dogs loaded up in his dog box and than Ozzie went and jumped up in the front seat and sit there like a kid as Jim drove away. I was looking for him to snap on his own seatbelt. I will tell you that I heard Jim last week bred Ozzie to the absolute best female that I or anybody that I know of has personally seen run a rabbit. Jim has tried to breed Ozzie on a few occasions with no luck. 2 of his friends got pups but not Jim. He was going to have his brothers dog artificially bred to Ozzie than his old “Yellow Creek” female {8 years old} came into season and out of the blue Ozzie bred her. Jim said it must have been chemistry because he could not successfully get Ozzie to breed, and in 2 days he bred her 3 times. I think Jim has found peace with God now that Ozzie has bred to this particular female. Jim said as good as Ozzie is, this female has about the same speed but is closer to the line and has even more hunt than Ozzie. This female has never been trialed {just like a lot of Jim’s dogs in the last 10 years} but if you were to line up the rabbits taken off this female and put them all in a row, you could travel anywhere in the US. The only problem is, none of these pups are for sale. He said if this female has female pups he is going to “revamp” his whole kennel and have Ozzie females {½ Ozzie & ½ Yellow Creek} only with his Dingus male {½ Dingus MacRae & ½ Yellow Creek}. According to Jim, the only person that has a free pass and free access to anything that he has is you Bev, because of Ozzie. This includes his own brother. Years ago Jim used to be a Judge in the AKC & ARHA. He actually was a state Rep. in a couple different states and established a few clubs and was responsible for getting a bunch of us involved in trials, but he has not trialed at all in the last 10 years. If you don’t know Jim, he has “eliminated” instead of selling dogs that most would consider decent dogs, simply because he thought they had too many faults. He is pretty hard on his expectations of a hound, so I would say these will be nice pups. We did talk Jim into taking his “Dingus” male to three trials over the past year. Actually Jim took him to one and two other guys took him to the other two. One was an AKC, another to a UKC and the third was an ARHA. Those are the only three trials his male went to and he took 1st, 1st, and 3rd. So I would think he is going to cross well with Ozzie females. So Bev, if you land one of these pups… help a fellow beagler out. lolol

Bluegrass, as far as presidential polls go, I don’t believe for a second the polls favoring either party. Right now it’s hard to tell the difference between what the truth is and what is being misled to be biased toward either party to make it look like a trend either way. What I don’t understand is the unbelievable amount of people that are voting early and have already voted. A lot can change in three weeks, what if you vote and info comes out that changes your mind on who you really want? For example, I think it would interesting to find out of the 40 people that voted “McCain” on this poll on this forum are Democrats and of the 19 for Obama, how many of them are Republicans. I believe the amount of people crossing party lines to vote and the undecided Independent vote is where it is going to boil down to. I would venture to say “guess” that on this forum alone, 98% of those that voted for McCain are Republicans. I would also say “guess” that 70% that voted Obama are Democrats. That’s just on this forum so what do you think it’s going to be nationwide on Election Day? That debate the other night defiantly did not help matters for McCain.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I don't want to argue with you guys, each is entitled to their opinion. I've seen and been on each side of the fence. I now work for a Co. that has both Union and non-Union business units. I see how they would like to run all units, through how they treat the non-Union units. I don't want to work for the non-Union units. The only tie they want to the employ is their salary, no OT, 12 hr. shifts or as required, find your own insurance, FMLA is getting abused to no end !
Bluegrass, I see how you feel about having to pay for the standards the Union keeps enforce for you. I know you feel you should get these benefits free and not have to pay for them. You will learn in time that nothing is free, all things come with a price.
People and their opinions are the sum of what they've heard, seen and experienced. The only way to get rid of the Unions is for the Co's to match their standards and change the opinions by gaining the trust of the workers that they will be fair and not abusive. I've seen this almost work but in the end, the Co. couldn't lead by example and got caught in their double talk and the lies were exposed. The young generation doesn't have the past experience to know what has been fought against and the price that has been paid to keep and make slow gains for improved safety, fair wages, work hours, benefits of health care and paid leave(vacation). They want the old generation gone so they are not made to feel guilty of pissing away what was long worked for, so they can get bonus of cash now (my experience, they dangling the carrot that you can never quite reach... better luck next year... :lol: ) , that they don't have the discipline to manage and will end up working hand to mouth, We've just seen, how easily this Country has become drunken by free credit and how the "NOW" generation has spent themselves into the poor house. You may curse the Unions, I'm not here to say they're perfect or without corruption but God help us if we loose them, else we WILL be able to compete with the Chinaman for low cost production. jmho
Happy Hunting... ;)
Last edited by S.R.Patch on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ark

Post by Ark »

Im a union member but I will be casting my vote for John McCain.

Ive been a conservative all my adult life and have no plans to change now and vote for one of the most liberal men to ever run for the Presidency.

Obama has a couple of positions that I agree with and about a hundred that I dont.

Can you imagine what it will be like if Obama wins and the House and Senate remain about where they are now?

Obama, Pelosi, and Reed will be running this country.

That scares the hell out of me.
CopperheadHillBeagles.com

mtnwaykennel

Post by mtnwaykennel »

After the debate last night I was lay'n there in bed thinking about it all. I have seen the smooth talkers like Obammy ... hell I sell cars for a living... hell, I make my live'n talking perty and avoiding facts. McCainer was a little ruff around the edges last night but he looked like a man who has had enuff being nice.

If'n it was me .. and I was in oh john's position... I reckon I would want people to know who they voting for..... he could promise me poop in a bag and it would still be better than helping Obammy get power over us all.... it is a scary thing this that lays ahead. Better consider the whole big picture .. not just your pocketbook. We can all have money but if we all on the wagon to hell and end of times... don't think any plan on economy can help us.

:blackeye: :annoyed: reckon i am worried about this... seems alot of people are selling out what they believe in for a smooth talker.

Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

"Bluegrass, I see how you feel about having to pay for the standards the Union keeps enforce for you. I know you feel you should get these benefits free and not have to pay for them. You will learn in time that nothing is free, all things come with a price."

Way to spin "Patch"...nice job of totally misrepresenting what I said about union dues...IF you would go back and re-read my post I was lamenting the fact that I had to pay dues at all...I could care less what the Union does on my behalf, I think that based on merit instead of contract language I could advance and make more than I do...the company could afford to pay productive workers MORE than they do if they could get rid of dead weight, but the UNION does not allow them to do that. I defy you to find where I stated that I wanted those benefits without having to pay for them...thats an insult to me and I think you know it. You DONT KNOW that I feel I should get those benefits free and not have to pay for them. If I could opt out of the union without getting BILLED I would opt out, cant you read that??? I cant work there without paying SOMETHING...so if they are going to bill me over and above the union dues, then DUH, I'm gonna pay the lesser of the two evils. Go bloviate about things you do KNOW(which is considerable regarding hounds) instead of my attitudes towards ANYTHING...especially when you spin them as badly as you have this one...

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Obama's theme song once he's in office...LMAO :dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Tony my friend,
The only advice I can give is, take the first Company job that comes open(there may be many, but refilling may take awhile) or keep applying for jobs without those pesky Union restrictions that hold a hard driven resourceful working man back and one that allows him to reach for the stars without limit. The only problem with those kind are, when you boss feels threatened by your motivation and knowledge, he'll probably "can" you to protect his job, only cause he can... ;)
You see, I'm not spinning anything. The job your in and benefits that you receive are negotiated by contract, that guarantees that practices and procedures, pay and benefits remain the same without change till the next contract is negotiated. It is the guarantee of these rights that the Union will charge you for, not just to get your money, and that is worth something, not free. I'm glad your a hard worker and proud to call you a friend, I wish more were like you. The Union is like a Democracy, fairness and the good of the whole. It's like a small piece of this Democratic free land in which we live, good as a whole but always struggling to right itself against the corruption of human nature. We've found, that with the right "attitude" fellow workers can be motivated to contribute to the workforce. We also found that people who don't feel like their apart of something, don't really care. Allowing responsibility to fall upon others and allowing them to feel apart of the program makes them connect with whats going on. You have to agree, with your drive the last thing you want is to be told everything you have to do... ;)
You have to fight with your mind, not your fist in this game. If you convince a man against his will, you've gained nothing... :blackeye:

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

Charles, all I wanted to point out was that my statements were spun to make it seem like I wanted union benefits without cost to me...I simply dont want the union at all, I believe the market will regulate itself with regards to wages and benefits. I am a believer in merit based pay (which is how you get imcompetent teachers, the union opposes merit pay) and believe the unions hold MOST workers back...I do think most workers are hard working men and women but there is that few rotten apples that spoil the whole bushel...

ANYWAY, time to go run hounds...its 6:45, 34 degrees, nice and frosty...should be good running...

Tony
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

Chief Long Hair

Post by Chief Long Hair »

Bluegrass,

I can't seem to find your Drudge Reports but check out all these others here on this link...............if you dare:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/na ... polls.html

I believe, if you don't count the April pole, it clearly shows Obama with a 4 to 12 point lead. Not a single lead is shown by McCain. While you're at it, see what the Electoral College is estimated to be for the candidates. This is the one that really counts:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/ge ... sults.html

Not to scare you Ark but you've got to see this link:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/ge ... sults.html

It scares me as well too that congress and the President being the same party but we need change and McCain is nothing more than the same.

Bluegrass, one more thing. I'm here for you buddy. I'm a firm believer that since there is a Union out there, your wage will stay the same if not rise. I believe we, Union that is, set the wages for almost all others. You see, it's this way, if you're a true republican, free market sets the prices for the stuff we buy, agree? If there were no Unions, your wages would go down. The employer sees little or no competition in wages and will simply pay less for the same labor. But that's alright, I'll take one for the better of all and stay and fight for Union.

Wildhare2, lighten up just a little bit. This is more for fun than anything. Beside, the non-believers for true change can't see beyond their guns. Oh yea, you better start hidding them REAL soon. Change is a comin'!!!

Stir'n the Presidential pot,
Da Chief
I'VE GOT SOME DOGS THAT ARE GONNA HURT SOME FEELINGS!!!!! I just hope it's not mine. Home of Wild Hare Kennels and FC Creek Woods Blue.

KesslerBeagles

Post by KesslerBeagles »

bluegrass wrote:"Bluegrass, I see how you feel about having to pay for the standards the Union keeps enforce for you. I know you feel you should get these benefits free and not have to pay for them. You will learn in time that nothing is free, all things come with a price."
I am a registered Republican and I am voting for McCain but I totally disagree with the whole "all around" view that the Republican Party has on Union workers. I am a Union worker and I think that most people that have a negative view towards a Union is simply out of not having a clue what the Union is really about.

All contracts are the products of negotiations between the workers and the boss. They are usually written in boring, legal terms, but these are very important for securing your rights in the workplace, should you chose to negotiate a contract at all. According to labor law, contracts represent the minimum compensation and benefits for employees. An employer may offer rights and benefits that exceed the minimum standards set in an existing contract.

The bosses often will try to violate contracts (that is why we elect shop stewards and negotiate grievance procedures). The employer can only succeed in undermining the contract if the workers don't stand up for their rights. A Union fights for you and stands beside you, with hired Attorneys waiting on the sideline ready to be called upon. If you’re not in a Union you are on your own, including hiring an attorney if needed.

Union dues are the best investment you’ll ever make. For every dollar you invest in union dues, you get an $87 return. In 1970 a typical auto assembler earned $7,991 a year and paid $92 a year in dues. By 1999 that assembler’s annual base (not including overtime) was $44,242 while dues had risen to $510. So a $418 hike in dues provided an increase in wages 87 times greater-a net gain of $35,833. That return grows even faster when you consider the value of union-negotiated benefits. There is evidence from the U.S. government on the dollar value of having a union. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that total compensation for unionized workers in private industry averages $24.75 compared to $18.20 for non-union workers. That’s a $6.55 an hour advantage for the union worker. When you figure the average UAW member pays about 20 cents an hour in dues, the difference is clear. Much of the union advantage comes from superior benefits. Union health insurance is over twice as good as non-union insurance. Union pensions are better-as a result of negotiations, employers pay almost three times as much for union pensions as non-union retirement plans. But the best part of being in a union can’t be measured in dollars and cents. It is the respect-and power-that comes from solidarity. Better pay; The average union member makes $2.67 an hour more than the non-union worker. Better benefits; The average union member makes $3.87 an hour more in benefits. That means better pensions, better health insurance, and a better quality of life. ...and that’s not all; Working union means working with respect, power & protection.

I am not criticizing or degrading anybody that has worked hard and provided for their family’s thru Non-Union Jobs, I commend them. Being lucky enough to get a Union job is actually the easy road. Non-Union workers actually work harder for less and if they have any legal issues they are on their own and they don’t have somebody to fight their fights for them, but if you have a choice, it’s a no brainer. Just look what the benefits of a Union offers compared to being on your own:

Union Shop - A provision that states that all employees must belong to the union as a condition of employment. Exceptions to this are granted for religious reasons and in "right to work" states. (States, mostly in the South, where union shops are illegal, coincidently these are the states that have the lowest wages in the US.)

PAC contributions - this is NOT compulsory, but employees who wish can give money to a union political action committee. By the way, this is where unions get their money for political activities, as union dues may not be used for such activities.

No discrimination policy - employers cannot discriminate against employees because of union membership, age, creed, color, sexual preference, religion, etc. These things are "guaranteed" by Fair Employment laws, but without a union grievance procedure, workers usually have to file costly lawsuits in order to win discrimination cases against the boss. A union contract makes this much easier to enforce.

Seniority - the seniority system is spelled out. Basically, seniority is used to determine in what order employees are laid off in the event of a lay-off, in what order employees are called upon to work holidays, etc.

Grievance procedure - one of the cornerstones of unionism. This system provides a way for most conflicts between management and employees to be peacefully resolved. If an employee feels he or she has been wronged and cannot resolve it with management, a union representative will meet with a management representative and try to resolve the issue. If that fails, another attempt is made with the management representative's superior. If that fails, an outside arbitrator is called in, whose word is binding on both parties.

Hours & Overtime defined - usually 40 hours at 8 hours a day. If more than 8 hours in one day or 40 hours in one week are worked, overtime must be paid.

Work breaks defined - usually two 15 minute breaks per 8 hours worked.

Union Stewards - union stewards are simply employees who are elected to represent the union on the job site. They make sure the contract is not violated, help employees that have problems with management, and handle most of the grievance procedure etc.

No strike/no lockout - during the duration of the contract, the union may not strike and management may not lock employees out of the workplace. The IWW discourages the inclusion of such clauses, because giving up the right to strike makes the union much less potent. The right to strike is guaranteed under the National Labor Relations Act unless unions choose to negotiate that right away.

Appeal from discharge - in the event that an employee is fired, he or she can appeal to the union for help within 30 days.

Wages - the biggie! Union contracts will usually define what the base rate of pay is. If a union simply cannot secure a direct raise, there are other options available in getting better compensation for employees. Such as...

Raises - Contracts will lay out the raise system for the life of the contract. Most union contracts base that rate of pay on either a fixed percentage or the Consumer Price Index (adjusted annually for inflation). A good rule of thumb is the fixed percentage should be at least as much as the annually increase in the cost of living.

Shift differential - unpopular/inconvenient shifts can be awarded a slightly higher wage - either a flat rate (so much per hour) or a percentage of the employee's normal wage per hour. (Often 10%)

Sunday premium pay - compensates employees at a greater rate for working Sunday. Usually a flat rate. The best union contracts also require premium pay for working on Saturdays and legal holidays as well.

Birthday as a holiday - Happy Birthday! Take the day off!

Health care - Most unions will work to insure that the employee has no monthly contribution.

Pension fund - the contract states that the employer will contribute so much per month to a pension fund. This amount usually increased as the employee gains more seniority. Some of multi-employer pension funds, and some are simple 401k plans.

Quality of Work Life Committee - representatives for management and the employees meet in a committee monthly to work together to determine the best path for the store or plant to take.

A Union solidarity clause - your union has the right to honor another union's picket line.

Hiring Halls - the best union contracts require the employer to help the union finance a hiring hall and all new employees must be hired from a rotating list of qualified union applicants.

Length of contract - usually between 1 - 5 years.

No brainer! It's not about getting anything for free, It's about getting what you deserve. I feel my family deserves the best that I can provide, which is without doubt through a Union.

MObeagler79

Post by MObeagler79 »

Chief Long Hair wrote:Bluegrass,
This is the one that really counts:
Da Chief
No, you are wrong, the one that really counts is on Nov. 4

Collins Country

Post by Collins Country »

Long Chief Hair wrote:

It scares me as well too that congress and the President being the same party but we need change and McCain is nothing more than the same.

Bluegrass, one more thing. I'm here for you buddy. I'm a firm believer that since there is a Union out there, your wage will stay the same if not rise. I believe we, Union that is, set the wages for almost all others. You see, it's this way, if you're a true republican, free market sets the prices for the stuff we buy, agree? If there were no Unions, your wages would go down. The employer sees little or no competition in wages and will simply pay less for the same labor. But that's alright, I'll take one for the better of all and stay and fight for Union.

Wildhare2, lighten up just a little bit. This is more for fun than anything. Beside, the non-believers for true change can't see beyond their guns. Oh yea, you better start hidding them REAL soon. Change is a comin'!!!

Stir'n the Presidential pot,
Da Chief
THERE YA GO AGAIN WITH THAT LIBERAL B.S.

IF THAT LYING MUSLIM DOES GET ELECTED, ALL I CAN SAY IS "GOD HELP OUR COUNTRY!"

JOHN MCCAIN IS NOT GEORGE BUSH AND NEVER WILL BE.

YOUR MUSLIM PRES WANT-TO-BE WONT EVEN STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OR SALUTE THE FLAG, HE SHOULD BE RAN OUT OF THE COUNTRY. IF THE FLAG IS SO OFFENSIVE TO HIM, HE NEEDS TO LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY! AND WHAT ABOUT HIM AND HIS WIFE (DONT GET ME STARTED THERE) ON THERE VIEW OF BURNING THE FLAG?

THIS IS WHAT YOU SUPPORT, SO THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE, RIGHT?
Robert Collins
Eubank, KY
606-383-2767

http://collinscountryky.tripod.com/

Chris Shoopman

Post by Chris Shoopman »

What Do You Think?

To My Fellow Americans,

Have you forgotten? Have we as a nation stopped thinking about the past because we are so focused on the future? Have we forgotten all the tradgedy and pain in our not so distant past?

Let me take a moment and remind us all of a few incidents in this great nations history:

1968. Bobby Keneedy is shot and killed my a Muslim Male Extremist

1972. At the Munich Olympics athletes were kidnampped and massacred by Muslim Male Extremists.

1979. The US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim Male Extremists.

During the 1980s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim Males Extremists.

1983. the U.S. Marine Barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists.

1985 The Cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown over board in his wheel chair by Muslim male extremists.

1988. Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists

1993. The World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists.

1998. The US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim Male Extremists.

09/11/01 Four airliners were hijacked two were used as missiles to take out the world trade centers one crashed into the Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.

2002 we fought the war on terror against Muslim male extremists

2002 reporter Daniel Pearle is kidnapped and murdered my what a suprise Muslim male extremists

Don't worry America there is no pattern here and no reason to worry in the upcoming Presidential Election... Lest we remember that one of the candidates was in early life of the Muslim faith this fact is undisputable Barack Hussein Obama. Let us not forget that this man attended the church of a pastor who cried and I quote "God darn America" he started his political career in the living room of a man who bombed both the Pentagon and the Capitol building... No America there is no character flaw with Barack Obama none what so ever..... Bull crap!!
The economy is a major issue I will certainly agree with that but there is a more important issue at stake here and that's the issue of NATIONAL SECURITY. Hey folks little insight here for ya if there is no America... the American economy won't be an issue at all we'll have bigger problems. By the way you can't cut taxes for 95% of Americans when 40% don't pay taxes ignore the rhetoric and look at the REALITY

VOTE MCCAIN the former POW of five years the retired Navy Captain, the man who believes in reform, the Man who will fight for AMERICA

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Chris Shoopman wrote:What Do You Think?

To My Fellow Americans,

Have you forgotten? Have we as a nation stopped thinking about the past because we are so focused on the future? Have we forgotten all the tradgedy and pain in our not so distant past?

Let me take a moment and remind us all of a few incidents in this great nations history:

1968. Bobby Keneedy is shot and killed my a Muslim Male Extremist

1972. At the Munich Olympics athletes were kidnampped and massacred by Muslim Male Extremists.

1979. The US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim Male Extremists.

During the 1980s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim Males Extremists.

1983. the U.S. Marine Barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists.

1985 The Cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown over board in his wheel chair by Muslim male extremists.

1988. Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists

1993. The World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists.

1998. The US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim Male Extremists.

09/11/01 Four airliners were hijacked two were used as missiles to take out the world trade centers one crashed into the Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.

2002 we fought the war on terror against Muslim male extremists

2002 reporter Daniel Pearle is kidnapped and murdered my what a suprise Muslim male extremists

Don't worry America there is no pattern here and no reason to worry in the upcoming Presidential Election... Lest we remember that one of the candidates was in early life of the Muslim faith this fact is undisputable Barack Hussein Obama. Let us not forget that this man attended the church of a pastor who cried and I quote "God darn America" he started his political career in the living room of a man who bombed both the Pentagon and the Capitol building... No America there is no character flaw with Barack Obama none what so ever..... Bull crap!!
The economy is a major issue I will certainly agree with that but there is a more important issue at stake here and that's the issue of NATIONAL SECURITY. Hey folks little insight here for ya if there is no America... the American economy won't be an issue at all we'll have bigger problems. By the way you can't cut taxes for 95% of Americans when 40% don't pay taxes ignore the rhetoric and look at the REALITY

VOTE MCCAIN the former POW of five years the retired Navy Captain, the man who believes in reform, the Man who will fight for AMERICA
I have read many of your opinions "which is your right" even though I think some of you are as extreme in your minds as you depict these extreme "muslims" are. So now I would like to give mine and as the talley of the poll on this forum shows, also the view of 1/3 of this forum and about 70% of main stream America.

Barack Obama was actually sworn into the Senate on his family Bible. He's regularly attended church with his wife and daughters for years. That's the truth -- Barack Obama is definitely a committed Christian. I don’t know who starts these lies and rumors about his faith, but they’re really insulting to people of all faiths. What is sad, is that most of these attacks “lies” are coming from judgmental people who claim to be Christians themselves simply to support another candidate. Real Christ like! http://my.barackobama.com/baracksfaith

Barack Obama’s grandfather, a WWII veteran, taught Barack the Pledge of Allegiance when he was a little boy and helped inspire his love for America. But that hasn’t stopped smear pushers from claiming he’s not a patriot. Fortunately, fraudulent emails pretending Barack won’t say the Pledge or put his hand over his heart are easily refuted by a video of Barack doing precisely that on the floor of the United States Senate. Usually when people have something bad to say about others, it’s a reflection that they have nothing good to say about themselves. Why the push to slander and spread lies about Obama? Because McCain has nothing good to offer! http://my.barackobama.com/patriot

Smear groups and now a desperate McCain campaign are trying to connect Barack to William Ayers using age-old guilt by association techniques. Here’s the truth: the smear associating Barack to Ayers is “phony,” “tenuous,” – even “exaggerated at best if not outright false.” William Ayers is a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, with whom Barack served on the board of an education-reform organization in the mid-1990’s. According to the Associated Press, they are not close: “No evidence shows they were “pals” or even close when they worked on community boards years ago …” Smear groups and the McCain campaign are trying to connect Obama to acts Ayers committed 40 years ago – when Barack was just eight years old. Barack has publicly denounced Ayers’ radical actions from the 1960’s: Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous. http://my.barackobama.com/AyersSmear

You can’t just go around accusing someone of wanting to kill babies without a good reason, and these new “born alive” accusations against Barack Obama go way too far. We’re talking about the father of two little girls here. I’m sure some of you are parents -- would you be OK with it if someone accused you of wanting to kill infants? The Obama campaign put some facts up on their website about the particular born alive votes he’s being attacked on. At the time Barack voted against a bill containing language designed to protect infants who were “born alive,” such protection was already on the books as Illinois state law. The accusations against Barack are so reckless that not even the Republican state senator who sponsored the bill will support them. In fact, he freely admits that “None of those who voted against SB-1082 favored infanticide.” Barack is on the record saying that he would have supported a similar bill that came up in Congress -- but that didn’t pose a threat to a woman’s right to choose and taking into consideration if her life is in danger, the way the Illinois bill did. Barack Obama is actually against abortion with the exceptions of extreme circumstances. http://my.barackobama.com/wildaccusations

During Barack’s career in the Illinois and United States senates, he proudly stood to defend the rights of hunters and sportsmen while doing everything he could to protect children — including his own two daughters — from illegal gun violence “I am very mindful of the fact that sportsmen in America may have gone hunting with their fathers, their grandfathers, their mothers, their grandmothers, and that this is part of a tradition and a way of life that has to be preserved. And there’s nothing that I will do as president of the United States that will in any way encroach on the ability of sportsmen to continue that tradition.” Barack Obama http://my.barackobama.com/NRAflyer

If you choose McCain over Obama, that’s fine. If the method of your support is degrading Obama instead of exalting McCain, well, that should tell you that you have a huge problem of “why” you are voting for McCain in the first place. And while you’re spreading these lies about Obama, go ahead and also spread the word that Bigfoot has been found, the Lockness Monster does exist and UFO’s are coming to beam us up. That’s about as believable as these lies concerning Obama. Also, if you claim to be a Christian and you’re naive enough to believe that all Christians are voting for McCain? You might want to check out: http://matthew25.org/?gclid=CLmNmIekspYCFQOaFQodyyWcLQ and you might want to question the tiny “David Koresh” like group that you might belong to that is spreading this garbage. Also, pray for those that are bound by the spirits of gossip, lying, backbiting and being judgmental, all of which are considered to be “sins” according to the Word of God. You also should check out the real “life” of John McCain “Maverick Barney Fife, one of the most lying, sneaky, wife cheating, unfaithful manipulaters in Washington” and his “Dizzy, Pot Smoking, Posing Nude For Money While Claiming To Be A Christian” sidekick. Men and Women that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Collins Country

Post by Collins Country »

Dr. Chris wrote:
I have read many of your opinions "which is your right" even though I think some of you are as extreme in your minds as you depict these extreme "muslims" are. So now I would like to give mine and as the talley of the poll on this forum shows, also the view of 1/3 of this forum and about 70% of main stream America.

Barack Obama was actually sworn into the Senate on his family Bible. He's regularly attended church with his wife and daughters for years. That's the truth -- Barack Obama is definitely a committed Christian. I don’t know who starts these lies and rumors about his faith, but they’re really insulting to people of all faiths. What is sad, is that most of these attacks “lies” are coming from judgmental people who claim to be Christians themselves simply to support another candidate. Real Christ like! http://my.barackobama.com/baracksfaith

Barack Obama’s grandfather, a WWII veteran, taught Barack the Pledge of Allegiance when he was a little boy and helped inspire his love for America. But that hasn’t stopped smear pushers from claiming he’s not a patriot. Fortunately, fraudulent emails pretending Barack won’t say the Pledge or put his hand over his heart are easily refuted by a video of Barack doing precisely that on the floor of the United States Senate. Usually when people have something bad to say about others, it’s a reflection that they have nothing good to say about themselves. Why the push to slander and spread lies about Obama? Because McCain has nothing good to offer! http://my.barackobama.com/patriot

Smear groups and now a desperate McCain campaign are trying to connect Barack to William Ayers using age-old guilt by association techniques. Here’s the truth: the smear associating Barack to Ayers is “phony,” “tenuous,” – even “exaggerated at best if not outright false.” William Ayers is a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, with whom Barack served on the board of an education-reform organization in the mid-1990’s. According to the Associated Press, they are not close: “No evidence shows they were “pals” or even close when they worked on community boards years ago …” Smear groups and the McCain campaign are trying to connect Obama to acts Ayers committed 40 years ago – when Barack was just eight years old. Barack has publicly denounced Ayers’ radical actions from the 1960’s: Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous. http://my.barackobama.com/AyersSmear

You can’t just go around accusing someone of wanting to kill babies without a good reason, and these new “born alive” accusations against Barack Obama go way too far. We’re talking about the father of two little girls here. I’m sure some of you are parents -- would you be OK with it if someone accused you of wanting to kill infants? The Obama campaign put some facts up on their website about the particular born alive votes he’s being attacked on. At the time Barack voted against a bill containing language designed to protect infants who were “born alive,” such protection was already on the books as Illinois state law. The accusations against Barack are so reckless that not even the Republican state senator who sponsored the bill will support them. In fact, he freely admits that “None of those who voted against SB-1082 favored infanticide.” Barack is on the record saying that he would have supported a similar bill that came up in Congress -- but that didn’t pose a threat to a woman’s right to choose and taking into consideration if her life is in danger, the way the Illinois bill did. Barack Obama is actually against abortion with the exceptions of extreme circumstances. http://my.barackobama.com/wildaccusations

During Barack’s career in the Illinois and United States senates, he proudly stood to defend the rights of hunters and sportsmen while doing everything he could to protect children — including his own two daughters — from illegal gun violence “I am very mindful of the fact that sportsmen in America may have gone hunting with their fathers, their grandfathers, their mothers, their grandmothers, and that this is part of a tradition and a way of life that has to be preserved. And there’s nothing that I will do as president of the United States that will in any way encroach on the ability of sportsmen to continue that tradition.” Barack Obama http://my.barackobama.com/NRAflyer

If you choose McCain over Obama, that’s fine. If the method of your support is degrading Obama instead of exalting McCain, well, that should tell you that you have a huge problem of “why” you are voting for McCain in the first place. And while you’re spreading these lies about Obama, go ahead and also spread the word that Bigfoot has been found, the Lockness Monster does exist and UFO’s are coming to beam us up. That’s about as believable as these lies concerning Obama. Also, if you claim to be a Christian and you’re naive enough to believe that all Christians are voting for McCain? You might want to check out: http://matthew25.org/?gclid=CLmNmIekspYCFQOaFQodyyWcLQ and you might want to question the tiny “David Koresh” like group that you might belong to that is spreading this garbage. Also, pray for those that are bound by the spirits of gossip, lying, backbiting and being judgmental, all of which are considered to be “sins” according to the Word of God. You also should check out the real “life” of John McCain “Maverick Barney Fife, one of the most lying, sneaky, wife cheating, unfaithful manipulaters in Washington” and his “Dizzy, Pot Smoking, Posing Nude For Money While Claiming To Be A Christian” sidekick. Men and Women that live in glass houses should not throw stones.
ALL LIES! :nod:

IF THE MAN IS SO GREAT,WHY IS THERE SO MUCH EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY?
Robert Collins
Eubank, KY
606-383-2767

http://collinscountryky.tripod.com/