No Surprise, Now itsProven

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

No Surprise, Now itsProven

Post by Newt »

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic

Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

“The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

“The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”

https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-s ... ic-traits/

Newt

Re: No Surprise, Now itsProven

Post by Newt »

If only they couldn't reproduce!

To my son, born in the time of coronavirus and climate change
By Bill Weir, CNN Chief Climate Correspondent

Updated 4:08 PM ET, Sat April 25, 2020

Brooklyn (CNN)My dearest River,

Against all odds you were conceived in a lighthouse, born during a pandemic and will taste just enough of Life as We Knew It to resent us when it's gone.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry we broke your sea and your sky and shortened the wings of the nightingale.
I'm sorry that the Great Barrier Reef is no longer great, that we value Amazon™ more than the Amazon and that the waterfront neighborhood where you burble in my arms could be condemned by rising seas before you're old enough for a mortgage.
The scent of your downy crown makes my heart explode. The curl in your Tic Tac toes fills me with enough love to power New York City.
If only.

Newborn River takes a nap.
Instead, the milk in your bottle was warmed by dirty, ancient fuels and as a result, you will learn to walk on a planet that has never been this hot for humans.
We are just now wrestling with the implications of this but as your Pop, the most poignant evidence was seeing your mother give you your first kiss through a P100 mask that smelled faintly of smoke. I'm sorry my boy, but we were warned.

River Weir meets his mom, complete with mask, for the first time.
See, for decades, scientists told us that if we weren't careful, humans would unleash an invisible enemy out of the jungle and into our lungs. But that was a story few wanted to believe.
So we kept cutting down jungles -- and prairies and mangroves and the last few the places where the wild things are -- to pave and plow, develop and devour everything inside.
As you get older, this will be hard to understand. But we were under the spell of Genesis 1:28: to take dominion over every living thing. We had the strange urge to carve straight lines out of nature's curves and were under the spell of a uniquely human force called "profit motive."
The Brooklyn Bridge leads to the skyscrapers of Manhattan.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/weather/ ... index.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Liberalism on parade. I wonder how much "profit motive" keeps him in New York. He could be growing organic vegetables here in Tennessee.

My heart goes out to this kid. It's hard to imagine growing up not knowing if your family's seaside retreat will still be there in 50 years.
I suppose the CNN crew thinks deplorables should cease to exist so the elites can have the planet.