Alex I'll take Auto Manufacturing for one Billion

Share thoughts, news, views, etc. WARNING, this forum contains a lot of heated political debate. Harsh profanity is not allowed, but if you are easily offended, do not visit this forum.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Alex I'll take Auto Manufacturing for one Billion

Post by Newt »

Chrysler Fiat Investing $1B, Relocating Plant from Mexico, Paying Bonuses

Fiat Chrysler to invest more than $1 billion in Michigan plant and give $2,000 bonuses in response to tax reform

Fiat Chrysler to invest more thank $1B in Michigan plant
2 Hours Ago | 01:35

Fiat Chrysler announced Thursday that it will up its investment in the United States and pay some of its employees special bonuses after the recent tax code overhaul.

CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement that these announcements reflect the company's ongoing commitment to manufacturing in the U.S. He also cited the recently signed tax bill as an opportunity to share the savings with Fiat Chrysler employees.

The automaker said it will invest more than $1 billion in a Michigan plant and relocate production of its Ram Heavy Duty truck in 2020. That model is currently being produced in Saltillo, Mexico.

Fiat Chrysler said this decision would create about 2,500 jobs in addition to the ones that have been previously announced.

The company said it will also pay 60,000 of its U.S. employees bonuses of $2,000 each. Fiat Chrysler said these bonuses would not include senior leadership.

Sounds like Trickle Down economics
Wonder if that will swing the private sector unions in the Red Column.

I don’t think people fully grasp just how big of a win this is. For the stingiest bastards in the automotive business, Sergio Marchionne and the Angelli family, to pass these savings down to the workers is absolutely HUGE. For reference, in the last round of negotiations, the union workers received a $5,000 bonus for signing the new contract, which also happened to be the lowest of the big 3. This is going to do a lot of good in opening the eyes of some life-long blue voters to what pro-jobs politicians can do for them.

Rabbithoundjb

Re: Alex I'll take Auto Manufacturing for one Billion

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Don't expect too much Newt, union goofs have been programmed not to think for themselves much like our youth.