support needed for Indiana wildlife dollars

This is a good place to inform fellow hunters about bills and other legislation that may jeopardize our rights to hunt and free cast our hounds.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

information is in from PR/DJ

Post by Guest »

the PR/DJ folks were pretty quick in responding to my request for acurate projections on the impact of increasing our Indiana fishing license base by 100,000 license holders. As you know i was blasted pretty heavy by Bob Kane from Virginia. As it turns out my pied piper account of the effects on indianas PR/DJ allocations is actually $5.11 cents for each of those additonal license holders. and Bob was right on the "zero sum game" as he liked to call it. there is only so much money each year.... get this figure folks its amazing. $292,786,785.00. thats whats brought into PR/DJ for the sport fishing apportionment alone in 2002. and when we add 100,000 new license holders in Indiana the apportionment for other states goes down because we are getting more of our share. Now i wish i had ask for the apportionment from hunting also. anyway Indiana gets at this time only $4.509.106.00 of that total. and the 100,000 new licenses would add $511,864.00 and with the added license fees the total would be about $1,238,650.00 in new revenue for Indiana. and that would avert losing 30% of our over 638,000 licensed fishermen and women when the baby boomers start turning 65. not only could we avert a real problem for our children and grandchildren, but we may even leave them a positive legacy of a better fish and wildlife budget.

i dont expect to make believers out of everyone... but i will do my best...lol

im sure Mr. Kane will have something further to say about all this.

Jack Hyden
Indiana Beaglers Alliance.