LP Rule Change Carrying Hand-held Unit

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbitatfarm

LP Rule Change Carrying Hand-held Unit

Post by rabbitatfarm »

LP is taking a vote on changing the rule so LP contestants can carry their hand-held with them. It does not change the collar--if it shocks or tones you can't use it--only the hand-held. What is everyone's take? I'm for it. If a person wants to cheat, he'll find a way but this would make the rules standard between LP and PP. In the case of an off-game chase the dogs could be located much faster.

As per rule II.B.5. the following rule proposal is being sent out to all clubs and individuals that have a vote in changing a rule. You are voting YES or NO on the Rules below as written. If you agree, return a vote of YES. If you disagree with the changes, return a vote of NO. I will accept all votes until August 1, 2015. As per Rule II.B.4. there needs to be a 2/3 majority vote to pass. I am counting 2/3 vote of all emails sent out. If your club has provided an email address as requested for the past 2 years, you will receive an email. I want everyone to be clear we are not changing any thing on the type of collars we allow in the field. We are just allowing the receivers to be used in the field to track only! After the dead line, I will send out notification if the proposal passed or not. Here's the wording.

Larry

Fred Hausmann/Chairman of the Board/Little Pack

DELETE RULE IX.G.14

CHANGE RULE X.A.13.a

a. Note: The following rule was passed effective 8/2/96:TRACKING COLLARS are not considered to be controlling devices. The handler is to report to the Master of Hounds before the hounds go out in the field that he/she plans to use a tracking collar and a
RECEIVER. The Master of Hounds shall inspect the equipment. Before the hounds are released in the field, the judge shall inspect the tracking collar. If the handler is caught cheating and is using the collar as a TRAINING COLLAR ( shock collar/dummy collar/toning) the hound is disqualified, the handler shall be reported to the Master of Hounds, and this handler shall face penalties as set down by the Watchdog Committee. RECEIVERS are allowed in the field to track only. No information on the RECEIVERS shall be used in a protest situation or to influence the decision of a judge in the field.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

andrew_kirby

Re: LP Rule Change Carrying Hand-held Unit

Post by andrew_kirby »

I think its a good idea and a sign of finally moving into the present times. However please note that I received the email for our club and the distribution list is pretty small compared to the clubs involved in LP. We have been required for the past 2 years to provide a email for communication to/from ARHA when you send in your updated club information for the year and our club has complied, but judging by the short list of recipients on the email a lot have not which is a shame because this is 2015 and most communications have gone the way of email/internet and atleast one member in the leadership of each club Im sure has email. The vote is based off of a email response by club representation by August 1st so hopefully I was just on a different distribution list and others have recieved the email. If not hopefully the backlash doesn't end up on the internet or forum because clubs cant follow simple directions.

rabbitatfarm

Re: LP Rule Change Carrying Hand-held Unit

Post by rabbitatfarm »

A lot of judges in our clubs are opposed because they think it gives an advantage to those who have one over people who don't. I just don't see it. Someone always has an advantage: better running spots, more hours to train or the money to pay someone to train/condition, or the ability to attend more trials, increasing their chances to win. I have a GPS system so IF my dogs gets in a deer race, I can track them down. If I have it with me, I can do it much faster. I'm already going to be DQ'd so what's the big deal? They are a convenience to the handler. PP gets to use them and carry them. This rule change just gets us all on the same page. Our club will probably take a vote and the majority will rule, up or down.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red