Syris Mcgee

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hskennels69

Re: Syris Mcgee

Post by hskennels69 »

Hey Rick, what can you tell me about Woodwinds Little Bear and Woodwinds Midnight Madness? This female I have was bred by you out of these two dogs. I'm just curious as to what I should expect out of her on foot, hunt,jump, check.Thanks for your time.
Home of:
LP R. CH. UKC DUAL CH. PKC SILVER CHAMPION OLD DIRTY SOUTH PLAYBOY
H&S MUSTANG SALLY

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Syris was a good, solid hound. No faults that I saw. I judged him & ran against him. He & Prime Time put on a show at Southern West Virginia one year in 90 degree heat.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

I wonder why more guys didn't breed to this dog ? finishing in akc as a young 2yr old dont happen that much does it ? (I don't know) I have heard competition was stiffer back then when he did it (don't know) but sounds like one hec of a dog ! And wherever put down !!!

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

Location hurt Sy more than anything. Guys in NY didn't breed to him because he wasn't campaigned and finished in large pack and guy from the mid-west didn't travel to NY to use him. He was one hell of a dog though, I still have stuff that goes back to him.