new garmin product

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

reddogrunner

new garmin product

Post by reddogrunner »

Heard a rumour garmin was coming out with something new for small hounds anybody else heard this

Swamper AR

Re: new garmin product

Post by Swamper AR »

They need to!
If I agreed with you then we'd both be wrong.

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

I hope so. That is the only thing holding me back from getting an alpha.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

I have herd this also from a very good sorce. I was planning to buy the alpha and was talked out of it because of this new product. The guy that told me said they r gonna b called Garmin Minies. And also herd they would marry up with the Alpha 100. I hred they will b the size of the Trashbreaker Pro. They r trying to put the tracking parts in that unit. He said they r hoping they will b out for the pulic by late summer. Or early fall of this year. The person that told me could have just as easily sold me the alpha system i called him about. So i do believe it. Garmin is not gonna advertise them because of the number of sales they will lose from now till then. C
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

cpuckett wrote:I have herd this also from a very good sorce. I was planning to buy the alpha and was talked out of it because of this new product. The guy that told me said they r gonna b called Garmin Minies. And also herd they would marry up with the Alpha 100. I hred they will b the size of the Trashbreaker Pro. They r trying to put the tracking parts in that unit. He said they r hoping they will b out for the pulic by late summer. Or early fall of this year. The person that told me could have just as easily sold me the alpha system i called him about. So i do believe it. Garmin is not gonna advertise them because of the number of sales they will lose from now till then. C
Good to hear. I am definitely going to hold out until fall before I pull the trigger...
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Any word on when these will come out?
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

span870

Post by span870 »

Anyone that might be in the know. Are these going to be track and train like the alpha. Have collars in at sportdog and they are out of their mind pricing they are giving me to fix my tek setup. Any guess on release date? I need a system and of this is awhile coming I'll break and get the alpha.

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Mo Beagler 5000------------I would like to tell you GOD is real and if you don't believe this your are really going down the wrong way of life. Fix this now and have a chance in life

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

I was just told late summer early fall of this yr. but that aint garrenteed. I have called lion country supply and they swear this product is not in the works at all. The person that told me also sales dog supply's and could have just as wale sold me an alpha system that day but he told me to hold off because these collars were coming for sure. This person also runs beagles and thats why i called him to see if the alpha tt 15 beat on there legs. So im gonna wait and see. And if they dont then i will buy the alpha's.
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

I called Garmin and asked them straight up and the guy said he was aware of some issues with the collars being to big for beagles buy there is nothing in the works for a different system and he assured me there would be no new products coming out this year.
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I really need one. Maybe two of the smaller garmin's if they make them. I have a male that is going to be small. I have a female now that the regular collar barely fits.

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

Was told today by Garmin rep that it would hit the selves early fall. But who knows.
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice

span870

Post by span870 »

I reckon this is going to turn into a wait and see game. I'd probably sway a little towards the rep side that say they will be out. Doubt garmin would flat out tell you. If they did you wouldn't buy a alpha then turn around 3-4 months later and buy their newest and greatest. I'd be willing to bet the new system that if and when they do bring out will not be compatible with the alpha.

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

I hope they do come out with something new. But i seriously doubt that it's company policy to flat out lie to a customer to sell a product. If so then they have lost me as a customer anyway.
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

msc4570

Post by msc4570 »

I bought the Alpha 100 and used it all last season for my four beagles. I love the product, and while I (and I'm sure my dogs) would prefer something smaller for the collars, they were still able to run rabbits with them on. I cannot see hunting without a tracking system anymore, not in the areas that I hunt, and with the good experience I've had with the Alpha 100.