Coyotes

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

cjgrabhunter

Re: Coyotes

Post by cjgrabhunter »

I heard white was the brightest then the green

TrlBustinBeagle

Post by TrlBustinBeagle »

John you must have caught the lone coyote that had no sense. I have a friend that does nothing but trap coyotes for numerous farmers and he will tell you that if your traps are not free of human scent your numbers in catch will not be what they are compared to scent free. As for the color of lights I have owned them all and my personal opinion is white then blue then red. Green looks like lightning bugs during the summer to me.
Trail Bustin Beagles
Winners Train While Losers Complain

RIP:
Nr FC Juls Trail Bustin Hollie
Fld Wnr. JJ's Magnificent Maggie
Home of:
Trail Bustins Josie Wales
Trail Bustin's Magnificent Maxie

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

Get you a pitbull and run with your beagles I found it work the best..
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING DIRTY GIRL
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J
RILEYS ROLLING MISS DIXIE

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

TrlBustinBeagle wrote:John you must have caught the lone coyote that had no sense. I have a friend that does nothing but trap coyotes for numerous farmers and he will tell you that if your traps are not free of human scent your numbers in catch will not be what they are compared to scent free. As for the color of lights I have owned them all and my personal opinion is white then blue then red. Green looks like lightning bugs during the summer to me.

I agree that scent free is the way to go, I think he was just very territorial because this trap would always end up fired but never had a catch so I think he was trap smart but once I peed next to it I think it forced him to stay longer and changed his thoughts on why he was there!! Yes scent free is best but I don't think pouring pee all around is gonna keep them away either.
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com