Lesson Learned...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

wildcatfan0309

Re: Lesson Learned...

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

I respect a man that admits hes wrong so much more than man that just thinks hes right all the time .
Ive been in shoes , not a easy thing to do
Hats off to s.r patch

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

bill (flint river ) wrote:i know alittle about patch hounds. so charlie what is this all about? running style inbreeding or just over breeding? i have alot of opinions on all of this. southern patch hounds do not have the foot of the northern hounds, gunsmoke was owned and breed in mi before he went north, i had 2 hounds out of him actually i had 3. u couldnt ask for better dogs. but there was a famus hound that should have never ben bread, he was worth less and for some reason a few guys went blind and was using him alot.

bill
Here is a link to our discussion. It's called patch talk that chuckR put up for patch guys. http://patchtalk.yuku.com/topic/615/Lit ... NppdSwzC70
I personally would like to here your experience, the opinions all differ but there's always some info that we have questions about that others may confirm or dispel.

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

i'd rather be happy than right.

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

I'm not saying SR is a bad person. Might be a great guy. Never talked to him but will agree that admitting your wrong is quite commendable. I don't think its sincere because of the letter being posted here. It wasn't addressed to the american beagler forum it was addressed to him. Could of apologized without posting that. Only reason to post it is to try and make someone look bad. I'm sure there is a lot more to the story that isn't known. I was always taught get both sides of the story and the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Oddly enough I have a dog out of Shildts Smokey dog.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

S.R.Patch wrote:
bill (flint river ) wrote:i know alittle about patch hounds. so charlie what is this all about? running style inbreeding or just over breeding? i have alot of opinions on all of this. southern patch hounds do not have the foot of the northern hounds, gunsmoke was owned and breed in mi before he went north, i had 2 hounds out of him actually i had 3. u couldnt ask for better dogs. but there was a famus hound that should have never ben bread, he was worth less and for some reason a few guys went blind and was using him alot.

bill
Here is a link to our discussion. It's called patch talk that chuckR put up for patch guys. http://patchtalk.yuku.com/topic/615/Lit ... NppdSwzC70
I personally would like to here your experience, the opinions all differ but there's always some info that we have questions about that others may confirm or dispel.

I think if you would have stopped after the 4th sentence in your original post, it would have come across as sincere.
I see this recent post has been edited (I read it before the edit), which before the editing, had shown the original post may not have been a sincere apology after all.

I really don't understand all the animosity towards Chris. I have seen many posts trying to belittle Chris on another forum, I personally wish him success in carrying on the kennel.
The facts are: Willet gave the kennel to Mike, Mike has given the kennel to Chris. I believe Chris has spent several years working with Mike, just as Mike had with Willet.

There will be certain Patch guys commenting that they don't care and are not trying to be Willet and are doing their own thing, however if that was true, they wouldn't use Patch in the hounds name, nor would they advertise them as Patch when trying to sell hounds or litters of pups.

I am guilty of using Patch in my hounds names for years, that will be changing. I have realized there is only one registered Patch Kennel, and it is not mine.

Good running to all

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

gpen08 wrote:I'm not saying SR is a bad person. Might be a great guy. Never talked to him but will agree that admitting your wrong is quite commendable. I don't think its sincere because of the letter being posted here. It wasn't addressed to the american beagler forum it was addressed to him. Could of apologized without posting that. Only reason to post it is to try and make someone look bad. I'm sure there is a lot more to the story that isn't known. I was always taught get both sides of the story and the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Oddly enough I have a dog out of Shildts Smokey dog.
Maybe I was wrong for posting the letter but at the time, I was hurt and upset. I only post on a couple of sites where patch hounds are talked about and I went and apologized on both of them where I thought my opinion may have been upsetting to others. The part in the letter that mentioned the American beagler board and the number of post I've made over the last 13 yrs must have been bothersome so I wanted to clear it up. A number of things in the letter were uncalled for such as the closing statement about the hunted hare forum, I had been banned from the hunted hare over our discussion on small running hare and how i couldn't understand the nature of running hare because I didn't live in a north boarding State, how silly is that? but anyway, that is the only reason for that little comment to have been added and chris know it.

Rowdy, I am happy you have made your conclusions of naming your hounds. We've all talked before about why we've all used the patch name in naming our hounds and apparently Mike was ok with it as it wasn't until someone checked into using the name for their own that Mike started paying the kennel fee to reserve the name again.
Imo, there is no animosity towards chris, have you read what chris has said about others? Yes, Willet gave the kennel name to Mike and Mike gave the Kennel name to chris, that's fine. Imo from what chris has repeatedly said, out crossing is the philosophy of the kennel, that's fine too.
I have tried to practice what Willet preached since I got patch hounds and I think he was right. chris says Willet was out crossing so maybe he didn't practice what he preached, Mike was outcrossing so maybe he got it from Willet or maybe he picked it up on his own. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

As for myself, Willet's writings impressed me. The first fellows I got my hounds from of patch breeding impressed me. The hounds I bred from these impressed me. I'll just stick with what I got and let the rest do their own thing.
Happy hunting...

NorWester1

Post by NorWester1 »

I had been banned from the hunted hare over our discussion on small running hare and how i couldn't understand the nature of running hare because I didn't live in a north boarding State, how silly is that? but anyway, that is the only reason for that little comment to have been added and chris know it.
I'll address this as much as I think it's probably against better judgment.
Remember this? A direct quote from the Hunted Hare on a thread titled "Small Running Hare"

SR Patch wrote,
Imho,, to start with, ya gotta quit being so rough on the few that make the trip up (Joeyman comes to mind), it was his first time running hare, don't know if it will be his last or not. Once people read how others are treated, you build a reputation. Most people won't subject themselves to abuse if things don't go as good or better than expectations.
You were banned for making accusations of mistreatment by myself and others towards another hunter (Joeyman) in regards to his trip north to run and hunt hare in northern Wisconsin.
I've never met Joeyman much less guided a hare hunt for him in Wisconsin. There are a number of other Hunted Hare members that take exception to this statement as well. More unbelieveable yet is that this came from completely out of the blue and had no relation at all to the discussion/debate of small running hare.
Very typical of the way you conduct yourself online it seems.
You were given plenty of time to make a retraction but chose not to.
To be truthful, this was just the final straw in the long line of continual b.s. you create whether it's behind the scenes incidents or the text you throw up online.
Clearly, we at the Hunted Hare are not the only ones that feel this way.
When I was informed that you had been removed from the membership I had only one comment.... good riddance.

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

Charlie, the female i had out of smoke was FULL 15 and really long one male was a touch over and the other was 16. smoke was big and long and would glide threw the woods, his daughter cindy was just like him, eightball was a mix of both, he was a touch crazy and very athletic. man i would love to breed Taz to my ice female, northern hare and patch has worked really well for us. but with my back driven down wont happen. charlie u have always ben a straight shooter, dont pay these guys no mine. they are to sensitive and dont want to her the thruth.

bill (flint river )

Swampman wrote:
S.R.Patch wrote:

bill

I think if you would have stopped after the 4th sentence in your original post, it would have come across as sincere.
I see this recent post has been edited (I read it before the edit), which before the editing, had shown the original post may not have been a sincere apology after all.

I really don't understand all the animosity towards Chris. I have seen many posts trying to belittle Chris on another forum, I personally wish him success in carrying on the kennel.
The facts are: Willet gave the kennel to Mike, Mike has given the kennel to Chris. I believe Chris has spent several years working with Mike, just as Mike had with Willet.

There will be certain Patch guys commenting that they don't care and are not trying to be Willet and are doing their own thing, however if that was true, they wouldn't use Patch in the hounds name, nor would they advertise them as Patch when trying to sell hounds or litters of pups.

I am guilty of using Patch in my hounds names for years, that will be changing. I have realized there is only one registered Patch Kennel, and it is not mine.

Good running to all
the patch name was bull crap, guys have line bread and inbread the hounds to death to keep the look. my last male i sold to charlie was full blooded patch, he looked patch, he was built patch. he was what we call today patch hound. and if i would have kept TAZ he would have ben called shafs flint river patch TAZ. the patch hounds of today are not the hounds from the 80's and i dont care who's feelings i hurt.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Keith,
Thank you for verifying why I was banned, I never got notice as to why, I just went to log on one day and it popped up on screen that this member has been banned. If not you, then it must have been my good friend Bud Denny, he's always trying to do me favors helping with dog deals.
It's been a while but I think you might have taken my statement a little harsh, I think there had been some question about why not many made the trip north to test their hounds on hare, and there was the phrase"you don't want to have a Joeyman experience" mentioned to me by another member . I wish you had brought the whole thread over to be read so people could make up there own minds if your going to use it to hang me with. That's the great thing about being truthful, you can put the whole thing out there and not just have to cherry pick the parts out of text that make your case.
Anyway, I wish you and your site members well, I always enjoyed talking with them and hearing their experiences. Now that I know my offense, tell them I'm sorry and I meant no harm. I've been treated great on my trips up north and made many friends.

I don't know if it is working the midnight shift or it's all this hate but my head hurts. I know you all like my little riddles and rhymes when I post so I'll leave you with the only thing emotion offers at the moment.
"I am poured out like water, my bones all out of joint. My heart is melted like wax in the midst of my bowels."

Bill, thank you for being a friend when all seemed dark and the wolves gather round.
If we can find a way up, I'll give you Taz back so you can use him, I think he's still got a couple yrs left if taken care of. He's a easy breeder if the bitch is not mean. You know his blood and can appreciate it the best.

bill (flint river )

charlie call me 586-405-7120 i really would love to use TAZ for breeding, he would be well taken care off.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Charles and Bill,

I will be in central IN. next week, possibly even southern IN. for the AKC trial on Sunday, 2/22/15 in Lynnville. I am willing to haul Taz to the SW corner of MI. on my way home to WI.
I can't take care of the hound all week, so you would need to get him to me on Sunday the 22nd.
If interested, let me know.

bill (flint river )

thanks, i'll wait for charlie to call me.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

S.R.Patch wrote:Keith,
I don't know if it is working the midnight shift or it's all this hate but my head hurts. I know you all like my little riddles and rhymes when I post so I'll leave you with the only thing emotion offers at the moment.
"I am poured out like water, my bones all out of joint. My heart is melted like wax in the midst of my bowels."
Patch
That is not one of YOUR little rhymes or riddles, its Psalms 22:14, ........ and are you actually comparing your now little upside down world to the suffering our Lord and Savior endured on the cross? How pathetic. Are you actually for real?

Since ya like fables and quotes so much, here's one i take no credit for but i think it fits after your last post, ..... why don't ya make your next post a picture, ...... you modeling a nipple costume, so most of us can say at least your not a complete boob.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

warddog

Post by warddog »

S.R.Patch wrote:
Keith,

It is pretty clear to me the intent of the posters written words. I guess folk, like politicians interpret the written words to fit THEIR agenda from what was put paper. What I interpret from these words, as written, is that the person was being sarcastic with his words that knew we all liked his "POSTS" that contained "little riddles and rhymes." ( I am aware of the complaints about them on the boards) He left the reader with the likeness of how he was feeling emotionally at this time and hence the quote: "I am poured out like water, my bones all out of joint. My heart is melted like wax in the midst of my bowels." I would venture to say that many of us have felt emotions that melted our hearts and the QUOTE was merely a means of expressing how deep HIS emotion ran. I also notice that the words are in QUOTATION marks which has a significant meaning as in they are QUOTED and not that he makes the claim they are his.