beagles on deer?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bluecollar beagler

beagles on deer?

Post by bluecollar beagler »

ive never been one to like a dog to run deer but some out of stater came in for deer season ( guy had virginia tags) and dropped three beagles in the government land beside my farm. for five days these dogs have ran deer from the time i get there at daylight till i leave in the afternoon. not quite sure why someone would bring them here dump em and leave em but ive been totally amazed at the stamina these three dogs have had. if i thought for a second they could b broke id rangle them up lol. ive stopped and fed em twice in the mornings. i figure if there still running out there come sunday ill see if someone will take em. theyve done a heckuva job on deer lol. On another note, if i get em rangled ill snap some pics. U never know when guys have stolen dogs and done just what this guy has done.

fatboy

Re: beagles on deer?

Post by fatboy »

Never know if they can be broke til you try. And maybe with a picture someone may get their dogs back if they are stolen. Could be a guy trying to get rid of a few deer runners and figured a deer hunter may do the job for him. Maybe someone would want a deer dog for their own use.

Harris MTN Magic

Re: beagles on deer?

Post by Harris MTN Magic »

I have a buddy here in Virginia that runs deer with beagles it is a blast if you can't find a home for them let me know and I will have a great home for them
Randy Harris

Home of
FC Green Bay Eli