Your go to Hound

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

South Woods kennel

Your go to Hound

Post by South Woods kennel »

With Rabbit season here, lets kick it off by seeing everyone's go to hounds when your going out to get da meat! Lets see some pictures and some descriptions of your hounds!
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel

beaglestotrack

Re: Your go to Hound

Post by beaglestotrack »

This is a good post. Lets hear it guys! I guess my go to meat dog would be big ace even at 9 years old I am not going to leave him home when taking the gun. He is solid lake ogemaw breeding top to bottom big nose extream hunt and has the line control. A true gun dog deluxe. Would post pics but can't figure out how to down size them

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

Mine's a smaller 15 inch tri colored male, He's a grandson of Speedy Sport on the bottom. Top side has Burton's Dan and Mr. T in there. Handles like his dad, Big nose.
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

kwolf

Post by kwolf »

Mine would be sparky he is out of Southwoods Spike and Mechums Cowgirl, when the race goes down in a hard loose he will be the dog to check the rabbit . This dog has great hunt , seems to naturally know where to look to find a rabbit always busy.

KPrice

Post by KPrice »

Time for the young one to step up. The dog in front is Hoss, and he is a good one. The other dog is his dad, Apache, who passed away this past summer. Really have high hopes that Hoss will continue to improve and fill a big void that Apache left. His old man was a solid leader in my pack for a long time and will be missed.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Years back i definitely had go to hounds but more recently i enjoy what each one adds to the pack. If i have to leave one at home for any reason i miss them that day for sure. Really liking a new male i got in the off season out of Whitney Creek Captain Jack and Whitney Creek Lola, cant thank Rick Denny enough for the chance to own him. Have a lot of dirt roads and strippen banks around where we run and he can handle them on the dirt.

Oh yeah, also wanna thank Jim Hall as well for having too many hounds at the time and not buying him first. :D
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Bruce when you coming over here to run? I am glad Hunter made his way to PA.

Get Hunter in shape and let's cut them loose!!

Having Lola here now and seeing CJ in person makes me know why your hound is a nice one. They are the kind you don't leave home.

I lean heavily on Green Bay Hail Mary as a track running super focused hound...she just makes every race better. I have a male off of Butkus named Turbo that just flat out hunts the cover where rabbits are. Between Turbo and Sammy the others don't get many opportunities to jump a lot.

I have a young pup off of Sammy and Mary that shows Sammy's knack for looking in the right places....fun to watch.

Good running to all!!

wingmaster_01

Post by wingmaster_01 »

My go to hounds would have to be Whitney Creek Captain Jack & Murrays HK Kit Kat, cant pick one over the other they both have to go. Jack is a smart ole hound, a race saver, the kind that puts a grin on your face. Kat, a rabbit hater that knows where rabbits hide.

Jimmy & Bruce,
I sure would like to put down Sammy, CJ, Hunter, Lola, kat, Mary, and Turbo. We need to get this done.
Alan
Alan Plum
Stoney Creek Kennels
Edinburg, Va
703-926-2032

Home of FC Whitney Creek Captain Jack

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Harner's Briat Bashin' Blaze. Can't say enough about this dog. Hunts smart, seems like she knows where rabbits are. Has tight check work, can grind out a track on some of most terrible days. No quit, all day grit. Rabbit dawg!!!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

hilltop pretty penny with out a doubt the best I have ever hunted with. She is getting old but still gets it done at 10, Jump dog with all day power. Jumps rabbits other dogs pass by
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

FCGD crystals kid checkers ... Love his nose and check work
Just a fun dog to hunt with!
FC GD CRYSTAL KID CHECKERS
HBCH DT BARTON'S DEMON TRAILS
GRHBCH HALFWAY FRENCHMANS BARBIE
Prc DT BARTON'S SUPER FLYING CHUBBY
http://WWW.DTBARTONSBEAGLES.COM

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

My best meat getter is the dog on the left

The little pup on the right is coming around but she's still got a lot to learn about snowshoe hare.

I lost my best meat getter last January to kidney failure....she's the dog on the left (right dog is the new top meat getter when she was a pup) I sure miss that dog, I honestly can't remember the last trip I took her on that I didn't have the opportunity to shoot a hare.

HBmudbug

Post by HBmudbug »

My go to dog is High bawlin Big Easy. Easy is four years old and the best gundog I've owned in years. He seems to jump rabbits when nothing else can. He's broke and minds so good. He's sired by Roe Noes Ohio reggie dog. Easy does allright in the trials too.

RangerFan181

Post by RangerFan181 »

FCGD Dutch Hollow El Grito Diablo is an absolute pleasure to gun over. He was a nice trial hound but hes a gun dawg deluxe. At least he suits us fine .
Lp r ch mcdavids runnin on blue moonshine
Lp r ch sand run rosie
Fc dutch hollows el grito diablo
mcdavids cantuckee kenton

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

I dont have what id call a go to dog as of now.
But i do hunt with brian(rangerfan181) and diablo and ill have to say if there was ever a go to dog that i know of its got to be diablo .
Diablo loves to retreive bunnys for us and he really aims to please.
And when it gets tuff hes always the dog that turns what could be a bad hunt into a good hunt!!
100% pure gun dog deluxe in every catagory.
I havent seen every famous dog out there but i do know is hes one of the greats in my book!!
Ive got a gyp bred to him that im very proud of and maybe
Diablo n her will throw me a future go to dog