G2 AND G3 TRI TRONIC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

terry c

G2 AND G3 TRI TRONIC

Post by terry c »

THE G2 AND G3 ARE NO LONGER BEING MADE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM FIXED IF THEY STOP WORKING, OR BUY NEW BATTERYS
SO WHEN THEY STOP WORKING YOU WILL HAVE TO THROW THEM AWAY. THIS TO ME IS AWAY TO MAKE YOU UP GRADE TO THEIR NEW SYSTEM.
THIS IS WHAT TRI TRONIC TOLD ME WHEN I TRYED TO BUY A NEW BATTERY. THE COLLAR CLINIC WILL NO LONGER FIX THESE EITHER.

rabbit chaser

Re: G2 AND G3 TRI TRONIC

Post by rabbit chaser »

have you talked to the collar clinic directly? I find it hard to believe they won't fix them when that's how they make their money. If it is a fact ya have to think that garmin/tritronics must have had a hand in it.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Frank Pinker

Post by Frank Pinker »

I talked with Collar clinic they can't get new batteries

terry c

Post by terry c »

i talked to them and has told they could no longer get batterys or parts it ia a shame to have
good collars that work good with a bad battery and now all it good for is to be trashed.
i was also told by tri tronic that none of the g2 or g3 will work with the new system
so you will have to upgrade every time a new system comes out this way they can sell there new systems

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

That's why I don't like Tri-tronics.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Don't panic; I'll bet a market will develop. There are too many collars out there for someone not to come up with a replacement. There's money to be made and someone will make it. In the meantime, stock up from ebay.

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

retired4now740

Post by retired4now740 »

From the Garmin Rep I talked to they are still having issues with the new Trashbreaker, not as good as the G3 EXP. What a shame those old G2s and G3s are still great units, I use mine almost every day but also LOVE my ALPHA. Such a good product, you would think Customer-Public Relations would be a TOP Priority from a good company.
Life is too short to run UGLY DOGS

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

I have found aftermaket Batteries for the G-3 Transmitter and I have 24 Batteries on Order from Garmin for the G-3 Receivers but they have been backordered three times now and are suppose to be in by the first of Dec. Now for the G-2 Transmitter no one has those Batteries and I have not been able to find any aftermarket ones either. I still have 1 set of Batteries for the G-3 Transmitter but am out of the G-3 Receiver Batteries until they come in from Garmin. I was told after this group of Batteries come in that this will be the last batch that will be made.
Chip or Marsha Eisenhut
www.eisenhutdogsupplies.com
304-984-1430

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

I been buying up ,a few old batteries from people upgrading ..got an extra handheld too. I cana last a few more years.now..i may switch to dogtra or something when these go out ..
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Is there any difference in the G-2 and the G-3 receiver batteries?

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

no they will fit either one.