youngest pup u ever started ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Budd

Re: youngest pup u ever started ?

Post by Budd »

transman63

Post by transman63 »

nice video's budd
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

shawnfrazier

Post by shawnfrazier »

I had a female start about 9 weeks this spring she's done great so far this season

shawnfrazier

Post by shawnfrazier »

I had a female start about 9 weeks this spring she's done great so far this season

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

3 months old-second trip to the field. The first trip, he gave chase by sight. The 2nd trip was full on barking and running a complete circle (albeit slowly as he was by himself) and after that, he would eat through the kennel wire to go run!!! I spent so much time repairing his kennel. He just fell head over nose in love with bunnies. I always thought I'd NEVER own a lemon (no haters-just a personal preference). And, Smili was a true lemon color. He looked like a baby polar bear when he was born as his lemon came in later.

His life was taken by at 2years old by a nasty rattlesnake to the lung and a locust briar piercing just above his heart-he ran with that much passion. We called him Smili (smiley). His passion always made us smile. When the rattler got him, we noticed the swelling and heard wheezing. Rushed to the vet right away, he was fighting to stay on the line. Vet took him straight back and they pulled 360ccs of fluid off his lung! Vet said he didn't know how he was running. But, that was Smili. Miss him dearly. We used to be so afraid the hawks would carry him off but you couldn't deny his passion to run. It was a quick, but fun two years with him.

Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com
918-633-3519