Warning

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pross

Warning

Post by pross »

I bought a 2 year old male out of Kickaz a few months ago from Justin Queary in New York. He is a nice hound and just as he was described. The problem is I have spent the past 3 months trying to get his registration papers. He has told me numerous times that his wife wouldn't sign them and his wife wouldn't turn them over to him and also that they have been signed and mailed at least 3 times but it has never happened. I usually never post anything negative like this but I just don’t want it to happen to anyone else. I’m feeding a $1000 grade dog when all that I did was, kept my word on everything from the beginning. I realize people can go through issues that would make this not a top priority for him and if I get the papers, I will let everyone know. I’m not trying to give him a bad name but it just doesn’t sit well to go through something like this.

Paul Ross

retired4now740

Re: Warning

Post by retired4now740 »

I hope you get things squared away Paul, that is total B.S.
Life is too short to run UGLY DOGS

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

WoW....I can see thing things like this happening now a days People just don't Honor their Word anymore, SAD ! Sorry to see this happening to such a nice guy or anyone. Hope you get this Resolved soon Paul.

pross

Post by pross »

Thanks guys, I hope it works out too. It's sad when things get to the point where you can't trust a man's word.

k & m kennels

Post by k & m kennels »

SAD!!!!! I hope he makes this right with you.

warddog

Post by warddog »

There is absolutely NOTHING that would get between me and my word. I come from a time when a man's word was his bond and the vast majority lived that way. Sad how times have changed to where words that had significant meaning are tossed around with total disregard for anything but being merely words that roll off of people's lips for the sake of conversation.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Amen Warddog I guess most of us from another generation were brought
up with the Idea that our word is our bond
That has gone by the wayside in too many instances in todays atmosphere
it seems too many dog deals have the same outcome as above

As far as giving Mr Query a bad name I think he has given that to himself
I believe you do the right thing by bringing this up on the site

That is what the site is about in my opinion letting the public know about people like Mr Query
You evidently paid a substantial sum for the dog the papers certainly should have been
in the return mail
of course there are two sides to every story
John O

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

its a shame that things have gone they waay they have and people cant be truthful. as nice of a tool as the internet , phone and mail is there is still alot that should be done by face to face transactions. I recently sold a set of shock collars and am in the process of waiting on the money order then i will ship them. I hated to ask the guy to do this but i was not shipping my collars out without money,,, but had to ask him to send money without collars. same as a dog that i just thought about buying guy wanted a money order to hold the dog, i understand this but i also know i may never see my hard earned money again. I feel face to face cash transactions are the best way to go.

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I don't think this is what this sight is about. It sounds like not enough questions were asked and details were overlooked. I don't come here to hears about deals gone bad.
From the initial post, it sounds like there could have been a divorce or something and some of the hounds were in his wife's name(always a bad situation). Times and people have changed, you have to be careful not to set yourself up for failure. Getting caught up in personal home disputes is one of the tops, imho.

Sometimes bringing things out in the open helps move them along and other times, it completely shuts them down. One time I had the chance to get a couple of hounds back that had been stolen but when I brought in a third party to get them delivered, the fellow shut down and called off the deal. I guess it embarrassed him or he thought I'd just send him the papers for being honest about having them...IDK

When possible, I think your right Sam. If I give a $1000 for a hound, it's worth a road trip to see the hound and have papers in hand. Sometimes it's not possible and you have to accept the chance your taking. If you ask enough questions tho, you can somewhat hedge your chances at success.
Always sad to hear of this stuff, hope it gets worked out...

ps...I just thought of something, a purchase agreement signed by seller and buyer. I know by law, the hounds would have to have identifying tattoo and/or microchip. If I had had these, the law officer said he would take me to retrieve my hounds but sadly I didn't have anything to identify the hounds. Seems this would give some legal standing and a commitment from buyer and seller on the transaction?

pross

Post by pross »

I don't like reading posts about people bickering back and forth about other people either but I also think that if someone doesn't keep their word on something like this, they will probably do it again to someone else. I was just trying to prevent that. Sometimes it is difficult to have the time to drive 9-10 hours and then try out a dog. I understand that it is a risk to not do that but the only risk should be that the dog is not as described from a hunting/running ability standpoint because after all, everyone's opinions are different. However, the risk should not be whether you get the registration papers or not. Obviously, in this case it was.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Sorry to hear about your pup papers..

It always makes me laugh when old(er) people start talking about the "good ole days" When people were honest, everybody had a good home life, and everyone had an Ozzie and Harriet lifestyle. :roll:

No, people are people and always have been people.... I wasn't even born when Nixon was spying and lying...Heck my mom was only 2. My grandpa told me stories in WWII from some of our soldiers that would make you sick.... I guarantee you there were people back in the day that had puppy paper problems and fought over dogs... The only difference is that there wasn't an internet with facebook and twitter to report on it 24/7. Sure 100 years ago there wasn't a lot of divorces and things, just husbands legally allowed to beat the hell out of their wives, they just couldn't do anything about it....Rapes were hushed up and mentally handicapped children were sent to institutions.

People are no more or less good than they were 20, 50 or 200 years ago than they are now for the most part.......
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I've waited on buying before due to the person not having the papers at the time. Then turn around and sell the pup on me. Oh well lol I rather not get crooked.

If it's not a buddy I always have papers in hand. By buddy I mean someone I run dogs with or gun hunt with on a regular basis.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote:Sorry to hear about your pup papers..

It always makes me laugh when old(er) people start talking about the "good ole days" When people were honest, everybody had a good home life, and everyone had an Ozzie and Harriet lifestyle. :roll:

No, people are people and always have been people.... I wasn't even born when Nixon was spying and lying...Heck my mom was only 2. My grandpa told me stories in WWII from some of our soldiers that would make you sick.... I guarantee you there were people back in the day that had puppy paper problems and fought over dogs... The only difference is that there wasn't an internet with facebook and twitter to report on it 24/7. Sure 100 years ago there wasn't a lot of divorces and things, just husbands legally allowed to beat the hell out of their wives, they just couldn't do anything about it....Rapes were hushed up and mentally handicapped children were sent to institutions.

People are no more or less good than they were 20, 50 or 200 years ago than they are now for the most part.......
If your mother was only 2 yrs. old then, she doesn't even know of the "good ole days".
War is hell, your Grandfather has the right to criticize if he served in action, but no one can cast stones if you did not go through it.
You sound like the hypocrites that screamed obscenities at our Vets coming back from Nam, but didn't have the b*lls to serve themselves.

There were in fact "good ole days" and in those "good ole days" a hand shake was a mans word, and a mans word was everything!
Yes, there were culprits as you speak of, but they were few and far between. You are also correct, there was no internet, facebook, etc. but there wasn't across the country dealings neither for the most part. It was localized and when the word got out that someone was of low character, it was known and followed that person the rest of their life.
People were held to a higher standard, sadly, that is no longer the case. All we ever hear anymore is tolerance, tolerance for what, low moral standards?
In the "good ole days" people were held accountable for their actions.

Do not preach of what you do not know or apparently practice.
In your own words you state "God isn't real" in every post you make, there lies the problem with this entire country!

DA,s BEAGLES

Post by DA,s BEAGLES »

:nod:

retired4now740

Post by retired4now740 »

:nod: Me too, you go swampman, the belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is what made this country great. Now look around, no prayer in school, to use the phone you have to press #1 for english, a marriage was between a man and woman,a bunch of politically correct B.S. It is what it is, we are loosing the best country on earth. Wow, I have to go run my dogs now to lower my blood pressure. LOL, sorry pross for hijacking you're post, but I feel beter now.
Life is too short to run UGLY DOGS