Byrne Fence

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bunnybuster24

Byrne Fence

Post by bunnybuster24 »

Ordered several rolls of coated rabbit pen wire this morning and just wanted to commend them on the quick and courteous service. My wire will be arriving four days after being ordered today. It doesnt get much better than that and the price was more than fair!!! :D :D :D
IFC Tysons Picking Banjo (RIP)
IFC Beavercreeks Manifest Destiny
IFC Blackies T Cricket
GRHBCH XDawg Lucky
FCLP Red Pines Sara Palin
LPRCH HBCH Crankin Katie
HBCH Loose Change WV Road Rage

warddog

Re: Byrne Fence

Post by warddog »

How many actually have this fence that can tell us how it holds up? I've read both good and bad about it over the years. I will say that I have also heard and seen several with uncoated Red Brand galvanized only apron fence lasting 12 years without any problems.

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

My pen has been up for 12 years and the fence is just as good as it was when I put it up. No problems in the swamps either. This is very good stuff

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

I am in the process of having my fence replaced. red brand galvanized lasted 14 yrs. unfortunately you can no longer get it unless you place a very large order with red brand. I am using the coated from Byrne this time. Very nice fence. looks great. I would recommend it and Brads company.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

warddog

Post by warddog »

The last time I checked at our local Rural King it could be ordered for $139.00 per 150 foot roll. They do not have it in stock but order on an as needed basis and can get from one to however many rolls one needs. If I ever get to it, I will be getting the Red Brand galvanized fence as I have heard the stuff from Byrne rots really quickly when the coating gets damaged. I don't have it but this is what I have heard from several over the years. I also do NOT think you can come close to $139.00 per roll at Byrne. Just wondering if guys that have had this fence for some time have experienced what I have heard. 14 years from straight galvanized is what I know a friend of mine has had on his Red Brand and it is still in good shape other than where the water has got up and it has stood in it.

bunnybuster24

Post by bunnybuster24 »

warddog wrote:The last time I checked at our local Rural King it could be ordered for $139.00 per 150 foot roll. They do not have it in stock but order on an as needed basis and can get from one to however many rolls one needs. If I ever get to it, I will be getting the Red Brand galvanized fence as I have heard the stuff from Byrne rots really quickly when the coating gets damaged. I don't have it but this is what I have heard from several over the years. I also do NOT think you can come close to $139.00 per roll at Byrne. Just wondering if guys that have had this fence for some time have experienced what I have heard. 14 years from straight galvanized is what I know a friend of mine has had on his Red Brand and it is still in good shape other than where the water has got up and it has stood in it.
Wardog- Pallet pricing from Byrne was right at $135 per roll.
IFC Tysons Picking Banjo (RIP)
IFC Beavercreeks Manifest Destiny
IFC Blackies T Cricket
GRHBCH XDawg Lucky
FCLP Red Pines Sara Palin
LPRCH HBCH Crankin Katie
HBCH Loose Change WV Road Rage

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

How much was shipping/roll?
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

warddog

Post by warddog »

I have been looking at apron fence for several years now and have even spoken to Brad Byrne a couple of times over the years. The Red Brand galvanized only, is 17 gauge wire for $139.00 per roll at our local Rural King and the Byrne for $135.00 is 20 gauge starting wire that is PVC coated. I have also called and spoken to the quality manager at Red Brand to try to get a better understanding of the production and quality aspects of wire fence. When one is looking to install 25 rolls it is quite an investment of fence alone not including the posts and ot6her materials as well. I have learned a great many things over the years about wire and even was in communication with manufacturers from China where I believe a lot of the starting wire originates from some dealers here in the U.S. that buy it and then coat it here. I'm still curious as to how long brands other than Red Brand hold up to the riggers of the vast changes in weather in the Midwest and as I have said I have read plenty of pros and cons and certainly do not want to put several thousand dollars into a fence that doesn't last 8 to 10 years. I have also read that some brands have warranties but they are nearly impossible to make worthwhile as far as replacement. Just trying to study the entire big picture other than merely price.