TT15

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kevinbrent70

TT15

Post by kevinbrent70 »

Just wondering how many guys are running garmin alpha with TT-15's if so how do you like? also I know they are lighter but what about on smaller beagles 13" is it to much bulk ?? Thanks for any input

DHKENNELS

Re: TT15

Post by DHKENNELS »

I really like mine they are not to bulky for my 13" dogs. The only problem I had with it was the collar size(to big for my small dogs) so I got some replacement collars from Chuck at Plum Creek Kennel Supply and it fixed the problem

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

If you buy your Alpha at Plum Creek we add the beagle friendly collars at no extra charge. Thanks

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

X 2 Dave! Chuck set me up with the smaller collars also!
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

If you get the Alpha with the TT-15 I give the smaller collars at no extra charge and you pick the Color of collars you want and also you get a Dans Holster.
Chip Eisenhut
Eisenhut Dog Supplies
www.eisenhutdogsupplies.com
304-984-1430

Mhouse

Post by Mhouse »

Chuck from Plum Creek not only provides excellent customer service but will let customers choose the color of their collars and has the new fitted alpha cover that comes in different colors......including glow in the dark ones!
MEADOWWOOD'S BEAGLES

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

The TT 15 performs great. There has been an update for the HH and the TT 15, which has fixed a couple minor glitches.

The TT 15 will fit smaller beagles but adjustments may be needed. At OKIE DOG, we do a few things: remove the d-ring, shorten the collar, reverse the way it threads through the handheld. No charge. The goal is a perfect fit for your beagle. Our holster is a bright orange holster that gives u a secure grip on the handheld. We include a bright orange lanyard.

We are currently using the alpha with a TT 10, T 5, And TT 15 on it. The performance, particularly after the last update, has been remarkable. At times the HH will show the TT 10 out of place, but it quickly corrects at the next update (we select a fast update rate). In addition, we use the WAAS/EGNOS GPS setting which allows the HH to receive air and ground signals. That allows for a triangulation of positioning and decreases drop rate depending on terrain. We will be processing orders while dogs are running behind the fulfillment center and not worry much. We set up geo fences to alert if a dog is headed toward a horse pasture or too close to the river. When the dog approaches the 'fence,' the HH alerts and we go get the dog. It won't shock the dog-u do that manually but u can set boundaries and rest a little easier. Nothing takes the place of being there with ur dog. If u run near roads-be there with the dog!

I know this is long. Of the collars Garmin has put out, the T 5 and TT 15 are pretty superior-and more importantly, more accurate than the predecessor. In my opinion and experience in the terrain we run in.

If u update ur system, the HH should be on version 4.0 and ur collars on 2.40. Use Garmin Webupdater ONLY! http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater

Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
918-633-3519