Best check dogs?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jdmart

Re: Best check dogs?

Post by jdmart »

By far the best 13" female check dog FC Payne Trails Jumping Jetta.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

cjones wrote:The dominating performance thread got me to thinking, what are some of the best check dogs you have seen? The dogs that always seem to pick up the checks and roll out leaving the rest of the pack playing catch up. I have seen a few very good ones over the years. In the finals at Chillicothe one day I saw GRCH&GBCH Staten's the jokes on you destroy the the dog i was running, to the point he could have been picked up after 20 mins and I still would have never caught up.

I have a female out of joker for her age she might be the best ive ever had. I cant wait to breed a female to him :check:
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

big mike 50 wrote:Only saw White Oak Creek's Jada Bella go once but she impressed me a lot in the check area.
Was even more impressive after she picked it. Everybody could just wave bye bye!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

The best check dogs I have seen hardly ever had a 15 second check so got no points in ARHA LP trials.
Great to have to hunt with though.

Had a real smart one for a while that would run off the track barking to lead the pack away from the loss and count to 15 seconds then run back to (the known to him) lost track and pick it up.

Did good in trials with dogs that didn't know him but didn't get away with that with ours and our friends hunting dogs that had gotten wise to his trick.

They would not pay him any attention and would pick up the check and run off with the track and leave him off to one side or behind, lying.

Some that watched him run said he would of done good in trials if he had lived long.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

FC Spencer's Turbo Babe was a good one, as was FC White Oak Creek B&J's Blitz. These two females had so much concentration while running a rabbit that they probably didn't know what their packmates were doing. IFC Mark V Ace In The Hole is probably the most dominant 13" male ever to step foot in a Mid-West trial. He could get glued to a rabbit. FC Wes' Whitey had a knack for coming back and grabbing it when his packmates overshot. FC Main Event's Showtime could recover a loss with the best of them. The problem with these dogs that I mentioned is none of them were mine. Sure was fun watching them run though.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I really enjoyed Green Bay Walk On in the check area, consistant and quick enough.

Green Bay Million Dollar Baby could hurt a pack of really good dogs, she was a special one as well.

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Jim One Correction on Green Bay Million Dollar Baby not was but is
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

LOL...i stand corrected!

caudillkennel

Post by caudillkennel »

Dino and Junie
caudillkennel
R.I.P. LPRC Caudills Bleu Daisy
Paint Creek Daisy ll
Paint Creek Bleu Jim

cjones

Post by cjones »

main event`s beagles wrote:
cjones wrote:The dominating performance thread got me to thinking, what are some of the best check dogs you have seen? The dogs that always seem to pick up the checks and roll out leaving the rest of the pack playing catch up. I have seen a few very good ones over the years. In the finals at Chillicothe one day I saw GRCH&GBCH Staten's the jokes on you destroy the the dog i was running, to the point he could have been picked up after 20 mins and I still would have never caught up.

I have a female out of joker for her age she might be the best ive ever had. I cant wait to breed a female to him :check:
I like him so well I try to get a pup from every litter! Haven't seen a cull yet. I look forward to crossing them with my rambler dog in the future!
LPGRCH GBCH Saten's Big Time Bodie
LPGRCH GBCH Staten's Blue Honey
LPRCH Windy Ridge Boy Named Sue
LPRCH BCH BLK'S Little Girl
Staten's Up Front Ami

river valley

Post by river valley »

Thanks Jim. Green bay Walk On is the best check dog I ever owned thats for sure.
Darrell Terry

FCGD Cry Babys Flashing Doll Baby
FCGD Sand Creek Jax
R.I.P. FC Branko's Smart Sammy

transman63

Post by transman63 »

cedar beck Oliver's offspring's lots of them have great check work. some of the best.!!!
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

FC Southwoods Hazel, FC Holdsworths Magnum Force best I've seen.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

NtlFCWoodstock Granppy/FCWoodstock Black Cher

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Seen a real nice male out of Jasper. The overgrowth of weeds and vegetation didn't give us a good advantage to see the entire race, you could tell he was getting some good checks. Running with him tomorrow!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.