Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

Post by Casey Harner »

I watched Glomski's Thunder Run Jdell, put a whooping on a pack at the Everette Morgan Classic. The format was ARHA Progressive Pack. He came out of a check and blew through the other dogs like a hot knife through butter. The other dogs couldn't keep up with that line running beast. The two judges called a timeout and didn't score jdell. I was handling Jdell for Matt and when I found jdell he just got done eating the rabbit. You tell the judges didn't like jdell. That's why jdell got second. He destroyed that pack!

I've had the pleasure of killing rabbits over jdell.... He truly speaks volumes of being a rabbit dog...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

BB Beagles

Re: Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

Post by BB Beagles »

Casey, I was at a LP trial few weeks back. Went out to watch a champion cast ( 3 dog cast ) my buddy was running in. For 45 mins I watch a lil red tick bitch eat them up. Finally called dead track, red tick 160, other 50, other 25. They cut loose last 15 min. We all could not see dogs in thicket but heard red tick and others. Judge read scores off and had 8 checks on the 50 pt dog making him winner!!?..?!&)&""(;/-!!! Lil red tick was outstanding, dominated the whole time. Real tough hound that day. I guess you can say it was dominating but in another way
BONE BOX BEAGLES

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

A judge that likes or dislike your dog can effect the outcome. It's a sad thing really. I had a big male, and the night before a hunt I went running with a guy that judges. Talked his dog up to the moon and back. When we got a chance to see them mine was smoking him. Next day he judged the cast I was in, and I didn't make it any further then that.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

FC Shaw's Trailblazer Skunk at Westland '95 or '96..
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

I saw FCLP Cedar Beck Gelato put on a show a few years back at Eastern Up large pack trial. I watched 4 different lines where he was leading the pack and made a 90 degree turn at a full run every time. He won the trial that day .
If memory serves me correctly , the 2nd place dog was over 30 points away.
Last edited by wireman252 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray s

Post by ray s »

I witnessed FC Eyer's Jericho, owned by Tony Eyer & Roger Bibler, at the 2013 AKC Mid-West Runoff. He absolutely owned the winners pack in the 13" males. He took the front and never let up the whole time he was down. He Actually got stronger the longer he ran.

Lilly123

Post by Lilly123 »

the last ripley wv. hunt Davide Kennedys vador dog destroyed a 3 dog final 460 and the other 2 had 100 a piece he was a beast a real nice dog

kwolf

Post by kwolf »

I seen F.C. Brankos Silvertone Bell put on a clinic at Whitewater Indiana (Midwest ass.) probably ealy 1990's. It was dry as a popcorn fart and this bitch ran like she was tied to the rabbit all day, it was a no brainer that she would take the win and she did. To this day those who witnessed that still talk about that. She was bred to Blue Ninja shortly after that and all the pups wre spoke for before they were born, one of witch was the famous Blue Barry. Ron Preston

Bigboy kennel

Post by Bigboy kennel »

Dennys Blue II and Logan Elm Blue Skim at the world hunt
Phil Walls Jr

Double E Kennels

Post by Double E Kennels »

Wheww 660 pts in a ARHA lp winners pack ? Was that a 1 hr or 30 min final ? On a hour cast with 10 for a strike and 25 for a check that comes to 26 checks scored 1 every 2.3 minutes. Sounds like it was pretty sloppy running or judges not judging according to LP rules. Don't get me wrong, I think judges should be able to score the hound who checks the rabbit , whether its a 5 or 15 second check, but if your going to play in the ARHA little pack sand box , play by the rules
RIP---
AKC FCLP, ARHA GrRch , UKC HB Double E Stone Cold Mack
ARHA GrRch Double E Peaches & Cream
ARHA Dual Ch Double E Barbie
AKC FC JW's Lightning
Nr AHRA Dual CH Double E Gambler

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

FC JR's Top Gun Tyke at Western Kentucky. Dogs were swinging, cutting and skirting to get in front of him but they could not cheat as fast as he could run the line. He took second that day but everyone including the judges know he won that day.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

HOF COMP , GRBCH GRRCH Mike's Redman Sadie , won open class ARHA PP hunt at Southern Mich BC , 6 dog cast , 230 pts, second place dog 10 pts. dominant in every aspect that day. locked on,took control, and never looked back.
Big Mike

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

kwolf wrote:I seen F.C. Brankos Silvertone Bell put on a clinic at Whitewater Indiana (Midwest ass.) probably ealy 1990's. It was dry as a popcorn fart and this bitch ran like she was tied to the rabbit all day, it was a no brainer that she would take the win and she did. To this day those who witnessed that still talk about that. She was bred to Blue Ninja shortly after that and all the pups wre spoke for before they were born, one of witch was the famous Blue Barry. Ron Preston
Her first litter produced FC Maravics Blue Jean, second cross produced NLPC FC Maravics Blue Barry. Not a bad cross!

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

mybeagles, I guess the judges just decided to be dishonest that day. As a judge yourself, is this what you would like to see someone say after you have judged a trial? Tyke was a great hound , but if you call someone dishonest on my street , you might end up XXXXXXXX
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Shaws trail blazer skunk!! At the midwest runoff in the mid 90s there were over 50 big males entered got down to winners pack and he led the whole 9 dog pack by 50-100 yds. They could not catch him and he was running the rabbit. This was at the westland grounds in chesaning and had large open areas and the whole gallery saw it VERY impressive. I also judged him another day on crusty ice and snow that was just as outstanding, most impressive big male ever seen run