Don't know that's why I'm asking???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

nhharris78

Re: Don't know that's why I'm asking???

Post by nhharris78 »

Well maybe i should have just stated try to join the club. As far as having rights to run there just because it's on public ground legally you may, but it's like around here the county gave permission for the FFA chapter or the horticulture class (im nit sure which) to raise some produce on county ground. I guess since it's on public ground i shouldn't put out a garden just go harvest the crops they grow. But I'm not affiliated with their "club" so i leave it alone.

Yes our club owns our ground. And I'm sure if I lived where you do I would try to run there threw the club not by going to the courthouse to get things stirred up. I wish you the best. Heck if you push the issue and it's open to the public I'll come down and run in their pen sometime lol!
Nate Harris
Shultz Creek Kennel
FCGD Skeeter Creek's Ruby Lou
FCGD Smith's Stormin Ida
NRFC Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Lol! Come on down and run nhharris78. You should have no issue already being a member of a akc club. That is about all we were told. That if your a member of any akc club,you allowed to run in it. But that's what I don't understand. They didn't want fast dogs in pen that could catch rabbits in the pen,but doesn't akc run fast dogs too.

Again I'm not bickering or saying its right or wrong. I'm just wondering why? Only stupid question, is question ya don't ask.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

I wish yall stay around me.Don t matter if its reg or not and no members. 25 dollors for 5 dogs from 12 am to 12 pm or 12 pm to 12 am ever day don t matter if there fast or slow.Nice club house with big game room,big hot tube so you can here the dogs and relax on deck.Big parking lot so you can bring your camper and stay.Come and enjoy and hurry back.I notice another place that has a pen and same thing.Must be a member and dogs have to be AKC reg.I am glad I ve got my on running pens.

I would bet this.Tell them you catch over 300 rabbits last year in your traps and you just don t know what to do with all them rabbits year after year.It want be long you will get a call.YOU RE IN.

C Clark

Post by C Clark »

I know of the pen that is being talked about and it is public ground and as far as I know that my taxes helped pay and up keep the ground that this pen is on so up keep i belive is paid for by all of us tax payers and nhharris78 i dont think that any one would complain if you wanted to raise your garden on publice ground but it better be pretty big because it is publice and because you do the leg work doesnt mean you can keep people out of it thats why we all plant owers on private ground

Blue Chaser

Post by Blue Chaser »

Bottom line is it's on public ground, period. You can't cut off land paid for by public tax dollars for a private organization. If they wanted it all to themselves they should have purchased 25 acres and fenced it in themselves. Sounds like they wanted a free running pen and used "free" ground with a fence paid for by free money. If you want free then you have to deal with the consequences of it. Can't get something for free on public land and act like you paid for it.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I have ask and was told the grant money was given to the area for the purpose of a recreational project.a lot of people run dogs in this area. Being that the county ask the particular beagle club to help. (Labor) idk if they felt as if it was all for them or not. Some club members have been nice and told me to run in it whenever, then others have screamed at me telling get the hell out. Again not trying to stir up a fuss, but it just a simple question.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Blue Chaser

Post by Blue Chaser »

The point remains that the members can not either give you permission nor deny you access, it's not there's to give or deny in the first place. It's public land that they chose to build a pen on. If I hang a tree stand on 20 trees on public land I have no right to go kick those people out of them. If I build a duck blind on public land and I show up and someone is in it I have no right to kick them out. Personally I think they're taking it a little too far. The were given a hand in having a place to build a pen without investing a cent and now they want to take the whole arm. My two cents.

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

Im lost as to why a club would tell a fellow beagler they cannot join the club? I cannot get enough members up around here to get the club started that I have been trying to for almost a year to start. What are they afraid of, by letting a local fellow beagler join the club?
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

public land is public land period. we have 3 million acres of it in the adirondacks. next trip bring bolt cutters.

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

If it is public land i would tell them to kiss my :moon: . Just like adirondackjoe stated public land is just what that means PUBLIC. You also have the right to call the law if being harassed. Sounds like that group is taking advantage of a helping hand that everyone has help pay for in that state.JMHO
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

I can not speak of Ky. laws but here in South Carolina we have a law that you can not harass hunters or fisherman. I would call my local game warden and speak with them. We have been having trouble with land owners on the lake thinking they own there docks and ramps. They don't because they have to get a permit to build it and when they do it then is S.C.N.G. because it is on public land. We are noodling around ramps and docks and the land owners try to run us off. It is a stiff fine for them if we have to call the game warden. It don't take but a few A$$ holes to make your hobby not fun anymore. :angryfire:
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

lab

Post by lab »

If it is public land then anyone should be able to use it . Beagles clubs our fine to have but not everyone wants to join one. I do think since the pen has been purchase by grant money and repairs will be needed down the road what is wrong with charging a small fee each time it is used to pay for the repairs. Here in Missouri a lot of our lakes own by the government we have to pay a dollar a day to put our boats n the water or to use there ramps. It helps pay for the repairs of the dock or if you live local then you can purchase a yearly pass for around 25.00 dollars. We also have shooting ranges that we must pay for while we use them on government land. All of this is on the honor system but most people abide by it because it is nice to have good things you can use. Seems to me you all have a mess on your hands when one group is trying to keep others from using government land that has been fenced in to run dogs. I cannot believe someone has not been hurt over this.

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

I'm willing to bet if you call your local game warden he can give you an answer on the matter without causing much of a fuss with the club if he does say you can run there I would get it in writing then go run someone gives you a hard time show them the paper. There are such a thing as leasing of public property and even contracts for services rendered between States and private individuals not knowing for sure there exact agreement its hard to tell maybe it is open to the public and they dont want anyone knowing or maybe they have a contract for so many years with the state doing the work.

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

I'm willing to bet if you call your local game warden he can give you an answer on the matter without causing much of a fuss with the club if he does say you can run there I would get it in writing then go run someone gives you a hard time show them the paper. There are such a thing as leasing of public property and even contracts for services rendered between States and private individuals not knowing for sure there exact agreement its hard to tell maybe it is open to the public and they dont want anyone knowing or maybe they have a contract for so many years with the state doing the work.

jdmart

Post by jdmart »

We have a beagle club and a coon club here in Central KY that is on county ground. We own the building, we built it, but the county owns the property both are on. It is ours unless we decide to leave the building, then it goes to the county. One note: the property I am referring to was willed to the county by an individual. The government has the power to give that beagle club use of land the pen is on, if they wish to do so. I don't know anything about the situation but it could happen.