T-REX

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

T-REX

Post by WEIR CREEK BEAGLER »

JUST WONDERING IF ALL THESE T REX BRED HOUNDS ARE TIGHT MOUTHED IF SO MUST BE A NOSE PROBLEM JUST CURIOUS

BB Beagles

Re: T-REX

Post by BB Beagles »

FC abshires levee rd June is t- Rex on bottom side. I don't think he's to tight mouth or have a nose problem. He didn't make FC just for the heck of it. Lol!

I have a buddy that has a pretty heavy bred hound, T-Rex stuff. A real rabbit hound, I wouldn't say he's tight mouth either and got decent nose on him.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

ive had a couple out of junie and 2 i think out of his sister star all was tight mouthed the only good cross ive seen was from dino all the rest was tighted mouthed

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

by the way junie probably got him nose from the sires side blue banks sweet singer had plenty of it i reckon

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

Have been breeding mostly T-Rex and Northway dogs for the last few years. Have seen some with more mouth than I could stand a few times. Never seemed to lack nose. The ones we have kept make good instinctive rabbit jumpers with correct mouth. Just because a dog aint opening up all over the place does not mean that they don't smell what the other ones that do. They are just not wired to open until they have a runnable track. We mostly have bred Pine Mt Chester stuff with plenty of Blue Banks to dogs with shots of T-Rex up close at times.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

NorthBranch Rummer

Post by NorthBranch Rummer »

"Just because a dog aint opening up all over the place does not mean that they don't smell what the other ones that do." Enough said!

BM Orchard

Post by BM Orchard »

Only T Rex blood I've had was out of FC Dino. No problems with nose from him!

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

BM sending you pm
BONE BOX BEAGLES

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

Just Wondering WCB How Many T Rex Dogs Have You Had?
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

ive had enough of them im not knockin junie because they do hunt and have killer mouths all lines has their faults i was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same results i have plus the only fc dogs out of this line is junie and dino seams like they are a problem there

Lawsonsbeagles

Post by Lawsonsbeagles »

Trex blood goes both ways. Some have too much mouth for my liking and some are tight. Dont really think its a nose problem either way. Just because a dog isnt barking doesnt mean it isnt smelling rabbit. I think the reason you dont see many fc out of trex blood is because most run nkc. Some dogs in this blood just have a quicker trigger and others know when to keep there mouth shut. Ive had the pleasure of owning two females directly out of trex and one was tight to a fault and the other is mouthy to a fault. Both i considered to have above average nose. I have as much heavily bred trex as anyone and from my experience your going to get both tight and plenty of mouth in all crosses with the blood . Even dogs from same crosses are different. I can tell you though that you will get hunt and desire regardless.
Lawson's Beagles
Jeff Lawson

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER wrote:JUST WONDERING IF ALL THESE T REX BRED HOUNDS ARE TIGHT MOUTHED IF SO MUST BE A NOSE PROBLEM JUST CURIOUS
Weir creek, just wondered if T. Rex hounds you been around are directly out of him or just carry some of his blood. I know that Dino is directly out if him, but others there might just been a cross of him in there ped, but lot of guys will say "aw he's out of T. rex", when the only shot of him might be 4-5 gen back. And the dams side be a buffet of diff hounds. Also another thing is so much pressure is put on the stud. The dam also played a part of what your watching, so always take that into factor too.
I myself do not own any T. Rex stuff, but I do own ninja,branko, reffetts, northway, dingus hounds. I can say that there are tight and loose in them all. No matter what line it is, there will be a variety in each.

My father n law prefers a gm truck over any. Couple years back he bought a brand new one. Turned out it was a lemon. Did it turn him away from gm? No! Even though ford, dodge, Toyota , etc, will do the same as what he's wanting, he still went back to gm cause that his preference.

Same goes for hounds and bloodlines. I try to never be kennel blind. The main thing is run what you like, no matter what line is. I hunt with a buddy who has good pack of dogs. His pack is like a bowl of fruity pebbles. Anything from northway to bramlett to Reggie. But they all perform pretty equal and that produces him rabbits. I also have buddy who runs strictly line bred northways. Majority are rabbit machines, few need a 22 tablet. Line breeding you up your odds lil bit by keeping your preferred gene pool close, but still nothing for certain. We cannot control genetic makeup.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

RAD

Post by RAD »

i've heard that for yrs too tight tight tight.
TRI STATE BEAGLES
EDDIE FREDERICK

No Fear In Their Eyes
No Quit In Their Hearts
No Respect For Their Own Body
(PMB)

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

Personally I prefer a tight mouthed dog over a mouthy one. Can't stand it when a dog barks out its butt. One of the most important traits I look for is a mouth I can trust and no I don't own any t-rex dogs.

WEIR CREEK BEAGLER

yes i have seen the from 1st gen to 4 th like lawsonbeagles said they could go either way. they will hunt thats for sure i guess they are just a litte to tight for me i like a dog to bark it cant score if it dont bark i figured that was why you didnt see any of them in the midwest thay are more suited for little pack