Just wanna say

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rock pushin rabbit hunter

Just wanna say

Post by rock pushin rabbit hunter »

I'm gonna run a good clean mouth,rabbit jumping,line running, hard hunting, pure rabbit dawg. Don't care what the fad is or what it takes to win a trial. The dogs I run in trials are also and will always be the same dogs I take to put meat on the table. Been going to a few trials this year and been really disappointed in a lot of the hounds I've seen. Barking way too early,running crazy,swinging,cutting,cold trailing,backtracking hounds. What is more discouraging is to find out a lot of these hounds are being bred. These hounds might be able to fool a green horn judge but the won't fool someone that knows a rabbit dog. The true Rabbit Dog is all you will ever find at the end of my lead don't care if I ever place in another trial or not. Do the breed a favor and knock that trash in the head. Long live the RABBIT DOG!
Home Of
LPGRCH LPBCH 2013 Ky. State Ch. Winner Dixie Drivin' Big Show
LPGRCH 2012 Autism Hunt Winner Hicks' Edge
LPGRCH Watts Rabbit Traitor
LPRCH LPBCH Longwoods Krusher
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

Ron Conroe

Re: Just wanna say

Post by Ron Conroe »

Your a legend in your own mind. I thought I was the only one with perfect dogs. :lol:

They sure ain't perfect Ron, they just suit me. Guess I just dispise a lying dog.
Home Of
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

MGB

Post by MGB »

You must be running Little Pack. :eyes:

pcable

Post by pcable »

And I thought I was the only one around here that run line control dogs! Get up with me sometime and lets run'em!
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

AMEN TO A RABBIT DOG THATS ONLY KIND TO HAVE IF U TRIAL OR DONT
BIGDOGPACE

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

I would love to go back in time were when you were rabbit hunting, rabbits were everywere, and some man would come up and beg you to come to his house and kill them rabbit.I cannot have a garden cause of them rabbits.Please come by and get them. About any dog would look good in that. I know some thinks I am crazy but this really happen in the 50 s. I ve heard, you had a bad day if you did not get 25 rabbits.

I love a good rabbit dog too but also love the fellowship at trials.Don t care about licn trials cause I don t believe in a reg dog, but some good old fun trial.Good BBQ hog good dogs ,good people and some good old lies.Cannot beat that.

Richie Foster

Post by Richie Foster »

rock pushin rabbit hunter wrote:I'm gonna run a good clean mouth,rabbit jumping,line running, hard hunting, pure rabbit dawg. Don't care what the fad is or what it takes to win a trial. The dogs I run in trials are also and will always be the same dogs I take to put meat on the table. Been going to a few trials this year and been really disappointed in a lot of the hounds I've seen. Barking way too early,running crazy,swinging,cutting,cold trailing,backtracking hounds. What is more discouraging is to find out a lot of these hounds are being bred. These hounds might be able to fool a green horn judge but the won't fool someone that knows a rabbit dog. The true Rabbit Dog is all you will ever find at the end of my lead don't care if I ever place in another trial or not. Do the breed a favor and knock that trash in the head. Long live the RABBIT DOG!

Can u explain your opinion of line control?

Didn't say nothing bout line control, said line running. What I mean by that is when my hounds give mouth they better have hot track and not be barking stupid. For example, popping off in the check, barking off the end, or running backwards. Lord knows I've seen mine reach, but when they open they have got the track between their legs going the right direction.
Home Of
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

you will find a lot of dogs you wouldn't own at a trial
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

I saw some of the best. Trialer guys know what it takes to win. If you think their dogs are worthless, you are absolutely wrong. Ask to go inside and marshall the trial. Make sure bring a measuring stick dog to test. I gurantee if its your first trial, it could be traumatize.
Minnesota Beagler

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

I agree with you Joey. I 'ge seen dogs stand in the road and wait for another dog to jump a rabbit, then go in and burn a rabbit up. Personally, If a dog won't hunt I will not own it. I've seen several other faults you mentioned too. If you took some of those dogs rabbit hunting you would never kill any rabbits. The bad thing is some of these dogs are champions and grand champions. That is just my opinion. To each his own.
TRIPLE M'S BEAGLES
LPGRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE II
LPGRCH BACKROAD'S AXLE
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S OL BLACK BETTY
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE CHANCE
LPRCH BACKROAD'S SIMBA

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

Joey my dog won the cast you were in so I cant help but think your knocking my dog? I'm glad I'm the one who buys feed for him. I like him.
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Joey;

How many "trial" dogs have you hunted with? Following your logic, trap and skeet shooters would never kill a thing. Don't bet your best dog or gun on it.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Wouldn't talking bout your dogs Kenny. Ran with yours several times they've always done good. You should know me better than that. All the dogs in that cast done good. I'm reffering to a collection of dogs I've seen run this past year at several hunts. Mostly open dogs. Sorry if you thought I was implying yours Kenny.
Home Of
LPRCH Cave Run Josie