Dog traders

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbitearl

Re: Dog traders

Post by rabbitearl »

Some of the biggest men in akc FC becomes Dog Traders. they cannot help it and I see nothing wrong with it.i don t think its really them but the person that buys the dog from them.if you went to a person and watch two dogs run and you only had enuff money to buy one dog and got one and a week later you don t like the dog you had and wanted to trade dogs back for the other.Now is the person a bad dog trader for taken the trade or a bad person for saying No hes your dog.I don t want to be a dog trader.So I think there are some good dog trader out there.Just because its a dog trader don t mean its a bad person.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

rabbitearl wrote:Some of the biggest men in akc FC becomes Dog Traders. they cannot help it and I see nothing wrong with it.i don t think its really them but the person that buys the dog from them.if you went to a person and watch two dogs run and you only had enuff money to buy one dog and got one and a week later you don t like the dog you had and wanted to trade dogs back for the other.Now is the person a bad dog trader for taken the trade or a bad person for saying No hes your dog.I don t want to be a dog trader.So I think there are some good dog trader out there.Just because its a dog trader don t mean its a bad person.
If you watch both dogs and you picked the wrong one then that's on you. If cash is exchanged then I don't call that a dog trade. I call that a buy/sell. If the owner decides he doesn't want to part ways with the other that's his decision.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Who said its the wrong dog.And the 2nd time I want to trade dogs not money.and in most cases if the man will not trade dogs he will be call a bad person to deal with. Yall I ve seen it all and can understand a guy who sell dogs and deal with the other end.Some people are hard to deal with and most of the time they are asking for it.Some of my best beagle friends are dog traders and really good good people and about ever one I know has done it.. if a dog trader is so bad.How many on here will trade your sorriest dog for another one for a 1000 dollors in the boot?even if the guys begs for the trade.

I sold a dog three times to the same person in three month and the only way I got out of it.I let someone eles get the dog so he can deal with the other guy.Some people are just crazy.Oh he gave me a 100 dollors more each time he came back to get the dog.So I made 300 on the dog and still have the dog. I mean what do you do when they bring the dog back and later give you a 100 extra to try it again.

I got a dog from another man one time.Good dog and pay him 200 fot it.A week later he came to run in the pen and motion me over to him.you still have that dog.yes.You want to sell her back.Nope.I will give you 400 dollors for her.I said, I will be right back.Two hr later he calls me back over on the phone.i m going to sell you the dog back and give you that dog.What wrong? That dog to slow and that one two fast.Well I was getting the 400 out and he said.No just give me 200 back for your trouble. Some people are crazy. I am just a no body and feel a little sorry for these guys that get in it real big with these FC at trial.I bet they can tell some good one.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

If I watch two dogs run and pick the one I'm gonna be choosey on who to get. I doubt I go back to choose the dog I overlooked the first time. If I picked the wrong dog then I guess I don't know a dang thing about a rabbit dog or know what to look for. Dog traders usually prey on the trust worthy people or someone that don't know anything about dogs....

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

:bash: Well some guys think a dog trader is a guy who sales dogs but that is not what this guy was talking about. You can call me a dog trader if you would like because I sale a couple a year. I also give four or five dogs away per year. I also have a nice stud dog here that anyone can breed to free as long as I like the bitch after I see her run. When I had a running pen I trained several guys beagles and took pick of the pups instead of cash. I sold the started pup did this make me a dog trader.

What do I call a dog trader, if he has a pen full of dogs and none of them been there more then a year. They go to these hunts just to sale dogs. Advertise dogs for sale, who never paid for them in the first place and sale them. Take dogs that some give away and put a high price on them and sale. Buying up a few extra dogs a year just to sale to make a little extra cash don't always make you a dog trader. I hunted with a old guy for 10 years who did this but he had some that stayed home with him till he died. After he died his pack of eight dog, dog box and shocking colors sold for 5000 bucks. Seven of the eight came from me so I guess you think I am a dog trader, wrong I give him 1/2 of them. :bomb:
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I think the word dog trader or dog jockey has become slang for a guys who has kennel full of dogs, with no intent to do nothing with those dogs besides to buy, sale, trade, or nagosheiat another deal. People who have no intent of building there kennel or pack.
Example: I bought a hound for $600 one time. People told me they gun hunted him all season. Price was firm, and that's what they had paid for him. Hound had a excellent ped too. After I purchased him, a guy asked me where I got him. He happen to know the people. They had only had hound for 2 weeks and had traded 2 of there dogs for that one. Also that hound had been in 3 states in past 6 months! Lesson learned.

Not saying all dog traders are unfair, I know lot guys who move hounds with fair and honest transactions. But it's like anything else, a few bad ones and starts to spoil the whole batch.

Here's a question for y'all? What is worse??
1- a croocked dog trader?
2- a guy who's just a puppy mill?
BONE BOX BEAGLES

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Both Suck!!!!!! :bomb:
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

BB Beagles wrote:I think the word dog trader or dog jockey has become slang for a guys who has kennel full of dogs, with no intent to do nothing with those dogs besides to buy, sale, trade, or nagosheiat another deal. People who have no intent of building there kennel or pack.
Example: I bought a hound for $600 one time. People told me they gun hunted him all season. Price was firm, and that's what they had paid for him. Hound had a excellent ped too. After I purchased him, a guy asked me where I got him. He happen to know the people. They had only had hound for 2 weeks and had traded 2 of there dogs for that one. Also that hound had been in 3 states in past 6 months! Lesson learned.

Not saying all dog traders are unfair, I know lot guys who move hounds with fair and honest transactions. But it's like anything else, a few bad ones and starts to spoil the whole batch.

Here's a question for y'all? What is worse??
1- a croocked dog trader?
2- a guy who's just a puppy mill?
Great example...

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

ky.backyardbeagles

Post by ky.backyardbeagles »

Good question. I learned my lesson a long time ago and I will not buy a dog unless I buy it in the field.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Casey, the sad thing is my example, was a true story. Like I said there are some good dog traders out there. fair and hold there word. If there wasn't we wouldn't have a trading post on this forum. But there are a few out there who consider it a business and will do anything do make a buck.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Nothing wrong with being a dog trader. Its like a used car lot. Too bad we do not have a carfax on dogs.

Trading is part of the fun for many dog ownerts and its in all dogs, show dogs, fiest, coon dogs, poodles.

If you have dogs that compete whether in trials or in a pack, to keep them all running together as a team, you will be doing some trading one of yours for another that fits better in what you want and letting go of one that doesn't fit anymore for some reason only you know. Dogs as all you know do not stay the same over the years and will at different points of their lives change their way of doing for the better or worse in YOUR eyes. Moght change to be just what another beagler wants.

Its the same with football players at the University of Alabama. Alway looking, nationwide, to trade up!!!

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Alabama John wrote:Nothing wrong with being a dog trader. Its like a used car lot. Too bad we do not have a carfax on dogs.

Trading is part of the fun for many dog ownerts and its in all dogs, show dogs, fiest, coon dogs, poodles.

If you have dogs that compete whether in trials or in a pack, to keep them all running together as a team, you will be doing some trading one of yours for another that fits better in what you want and letting go of one that doesn't fit anymore for some reason only you know. Dogs as all you know do not stay the same over the years and will at different points of their lives change their way of doing for the better or worse in YOUR eyes. Moght change to be just what another beagler wants.

Its the same with football players at the University of Alabama. Alway looking, nationwide, to trade up!!!
I totally agree. And yes a carfax would be awesome. Lol
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

Her is what I call a dog trader---- a person goes out buying dogs up then they get home and put them up for sale for double or triple what they just paid and they'll tell how good the dog runs and all that when they have Know clue what kinda of dog they r selling. Yes I watch a dog run before I buy it and yes I have found a lot of ppl guilty of this. They always say the same thang (dog Is having a bad day) guess what bad day or not my money stays in my pocket! Ppl that u call about a stud ,pups or a dog and the person u call just keeps going on and on about every thang but what u called about yeah thats a dog trader Ppl like that is what I call a beagle trader! :mad2: