Dog traders

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Squareebeagles

Dog traders

Post by Squareebeagles »

Some people just know how to get under my skin! I won't say any names but this guy wanted to buy a female then we came to a deal where we would trade then he calls and says can't make it so I told him I would just keep my female.then the next thing I know a guy not 10 miles from me get a pic of my pair of young dogs and this sorry bastard want to trade my pair of dogs for a male he has for sale!!! I think if your a dog trader all you guys should trade in between your selfs and leave the rest of us out of it ! Maybe make a dog trader site that way you boys can screw each other all you want!! People kill me will go out of there way just to bend someone over

chris83

Re: Dog traders

Post by chris83 »

I know it's not funny but having Phil tell the story, I had to laugh.
lprc Harlow's To Small Jax's
lprc Harlow's Attila The Honey

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

I had to go to a guys house and start taking valuable stuff out of his garage and loading my truck up before this guy gave me money for two dogs he got from me. He had got the male and female bred them and sold them all be for I did this. Of course I had the papers and as soon as he come out of his house with the cash I handed him the papers and said there wasn't that easy. Some people.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

Squareebeagles

Post by Squareebeagles »

It was kind of funny but that that's some gonads

blueticken5

Post by blueticken5 »

I'm looking to trade my buddy's dogs for your dogs if u are interested let me know if u are then I will see if I can trade him out of his so I can get yours lol
Glomskis Red River Runner Jr.
PCh 4 wins Towards Grand.
HBC 3 Wins Towards Grand.
LPRCH
High Noons Big Horn Chase.
LPRCH
High Noons Little Shy
LPRC
High Noons Mack Attack J-Dell x Dora.
LPRC

Mcarlton28

Post by Mcarlton28 »

I think that crap goes on everywhere,
That really burns my a$$ too.
Ozark MTN Beagles
Michael , Bubba , & Karla Carlton
2014 World Bench Champion
LPRCH LPGBCH CARLTONS BELLEFONTE SNAKE DOC
2017 World Bench Champion open
LPBCH LPRCH Ozark MTN Joker

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

There will always be crooked dog traders. I've come to learn that some guys get more of a thrill out of trading than they do running hounds. The days of taking a mans word on a dog purchase are long gone. The sooner you figure that out and make every transaction assuming the worst the quicker these guys will be tamed. They prey on trusting people, if nobody trusts them it forces them to be more honest.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

briarhopper

Post by briarhopper »

They are getting younger too. I gave a young boy a good pup last year and saw it for sale a month later. I called and told him i would take her back if he didnt want her. He never got back with me. Lesson learned.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

mybeagles wrote:There will always be crooked dog traders. I've come to learn that some guys get more of a thrill out of trading than they do running hounds. The days of taking a mans word on a dog purchase are long gone. The sooner you figure that out and make every transaction assuming the worst the quicker these guys will be tamed. They prey on trusting people, if nobody trusts them it forces them to be more honest.
Lol...I couldn't have said it any better...that's hilarious Dave, I was about to post almost the exact same thing :lol:

BTW....my daughter sincerely thanks the guy who she trusted and preyed upon us with her hound to run and trial on a handshake agreement with a please send back or we would pick up clause if he wasn't of quality material....this guy whom we trusted sent her dog to the trading market after 2 weeks (possibly less...lots of lies so it's hard to tell)....thank goodness the hound has a forever home now. Karma is a you know what and I'm gonna be that little thorn all along to make sure nobody else gets taken by this fella. The funny thing is the dog is placing in trials...makes ya wonder if the original guy knew what he was looking at.

Word to the wise to naive and trusting beaglers such as myself, they walk amongst us...

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!!
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

If we all would stick together and post the guys names that are doing this it could get better. I see on rabbits hunting O/Line where a guy posted about a guy cheating him. Back ten years ago I had a guy from Arkansas get me. He had a pack of five for sale of broke dogs. I drove up and should have left them when he had a Florida tag on his truck. First trip out they run deer and when I shocked the heck out of them I had to look for hours to find them. I posted something about him and got banded from that site. I was the one who got it broke off in me and he walked free. I did have several guys e-mail me and said he had done the same to them. Maybe I saved someone from getting hung like I did by posting his name and number.
Honest people are getting hard to find anymore. When I was a young hunter one of the most trustworthy people was a rabbit hunter. The old breed has died out and the new ones are here.

Keep them dogs running guys,
Thanks,
David
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

David you bring up a valid point, I won't use the board as slander

My wife did however remind me tonight that the entire deal was not at all a handshake agreement and that I had read it to her during the whole ordeal from my PM's on the AB board....well, low and behold...there it all is!!
Last edited by Ohiohntr on Mon May 12, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Thats right, now you are thinking!!!!!
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I've seen dog traders post a dog for sale saying it was out of certain bloodline, ( reffetts) when I ask to see pic of ped, it had 1 reffetts dog in there 4 gen back. After couple weeks, I seen same dog for sale , but this time out of ( turbo)! All they doing is fishing trying get someone to bite. Not saying the dog wasn't any good, but don't make a hound out to be it's not. Their are a lot of tough dogs out there, but if people were more straight forward, their be twice as many good hounds on the market.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

I can't stand a dog trader and what really pisses me off they all clam they have the best dog. And u try to breed to one of their males the dog trader will always ask 300 to 500 stud fee and a pup or two now that's a joke ill keep my dogs at the house and they will never b breed I'm not in it for money... A darn dog trader sure Is !!!

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

There are far to many ways not to get burned. I hate seeing anyone get burned, but at the same time it can easily be avoided.

1) Watch the dog run. Make sure it suits what you like.
2) When you watch a dog run take someone you know or two people.
3) Only do trail basis from people you actually know. People you see and talk to on a regular basis.
4) Don't buy a dog without the papers.
5) Try to buy only from your friends.

I've had a few buddies get burned. Nothing but their own fault too. They will buy a dog that they watch alone, buy it based off papers, and not watch one run. Heck one buddy bought a dog when two of us told him it wasn't even worth the bloodline it was. He smoked on that way.